• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A few observations

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I didn't think of this as a testimony, or a success story, but I guess it fits here better then anywhere else. These are just a few observations.

The world is all in a buzz about pronouns these days. Before I forget how it felt, I'd like to share that having a sisterwife added a massive level of meaning to certain pronouns.

"She" and "Her" for example can now refer to someone that is on this whole new level of importance to me, and belongs in my life and family. Her smile and laughter are like sunshine and warm my heart, and I very much love her sweet son too! He belongs as well and is so loved!
"We" and "our" now have another dimension too, as we do life together and have things (and clothes) in common.
Even when I speak of "he" and "him," there is now another someone that loves and appreciates that man I love.

There have certainly been adjustments for me, but as we are getting close to six months together I still think her sweet presence in our lives is an amazing gift, and one I am profoundly thankful for.

I found that things that are hers don't annoy me the way that say, a child's things left in the way did. This has even helped me be less annoyed (often but not always) with the children's belongings when I run into them left out around the house.

Our family has always been the greatest of our blessings. This year I thank YHWH for a precious daughter in law, grandson, sisterwife, step-son, and a baby on the way, who promises to be a very loved and adored non-related to me new member of our family.

This has been a very wonderful, humbling, amazing, and blessed year! Wow!

I liked this idea for a lot of years. I LOVE this reality. When you find someone to do life with the first time, there is a sense of wonder that you found each other, and chose each other. Life is so much better when you're not alone, when you have someone you trust to share it all with. Being able to include @serenesprings in our lives and her choosing to be here with us more of the same wonder.

As people hear about this change in our family some ask "What does Jolene get out if this? What's in it for her?" Here are just a few of the things that come to mind.
A rare chance to build a lifelong relationship on a deeper level of intimacy then most friendships will ever afford.
Having another included in this exclusive mutual appreciation club that only my husband and I were members of before. Having another loved adult member of my family that is trusted to help raise and teach our children.....and finally, as this video clip eloquently expresses, I have another witness for my life.

It’s a blessing to catch glimpses of and to be a minor witness to your life. Thanks for sharing.

I am so happy things are going so well for your family. They say that to truly adjust to major changes takes about 2 years. May you weather each new adjustment with grace and love. I hope I will get to meet your sister wife someday soon. Blessings to your family!

I liked this idea for a lot of years. I LOVE this reality. When you find someone to do life with the first time, there is a sense of wonder that you found each other, and chose each other. Life is so much better when you're not alone, when you have someone you trust to share it all with. Being able to include @serenesprings in our lives and her choosing to be here with us more of the same wonder.

As people hear about this change in our family some ask "What does Jolene get out if this? What's in it for her?" Here are just a few of the things that come to mind.
A rare chance to build a lifelong relationship on a deeper level of intimacy then most friendships will ever afford.
Having another included in this exclusive mutual appreciation club that only my husband and I were members of before. Having another loved adult member of my family that is trusted to help raise and teach our children.....and finally, as this video clip eloquently expresses, I have another witness for my life.

It's never what we expect and it's always amazing, isn't it?

It's never what we expect and it's always amazing, isn't it?
Me being happy for both of them was expected....and hasn't changed. The crazy wonder aspect wasn't exactly expected, because it seemed like an impossible dream. Some other aspects that I didn't expect were also amazing. Now before long I get the wonder of a baby in the family again, and I long thought it would be neat to see his babies with a different mom. So, I'm looking forward to that big time!
I'm glad you liked that!

The dance scenes in that movie were....interesting. I like the fact that he didn't cheat on his wife, and that scene where his wife also passes on the chance to have a fling, and expresses her opinion on why people marry was outstanding and has stayed with me.

Back