• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Legal Scholar in Support of Overturning Marriage Ban

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
This subject has come up in numerous places before and thus I thought I would post this article here. Families are under pressure by competing ideas from various groups. This legal scholar has written an article as to why she thinks the ban on polygyny cannot survive a modern day constitutional review. She makes a good case and one that all families I think need to read and contemplate. She makes a lot of sense no matter if one agrees or disagrees with plural marriage.

http://www.houstonlawreview.org/archive ... forbes.pdf

Dr. Allen

I have a honest question. What makes one a scholar? The reason I ask is cause every one I see at our local coffee shop claims to be one.

Gill in response to your question on what makes one a scholar.

It’s my understanding a scholar is someone who has done advanced study in a certain field or subject. Usually someone with a degree in that certain field, for example someone with a law degree studies a certain type of law beyond what their peers would have done.

I think one dictionary definition could be something like: a student of a particular field of study. So some people decide that since they have studied something that makes them a scholar. :roll: Perhaps that is what you’ve encountered at the coffee shop, or you just live near a lot of really smart people. :? :lol:

I hope that’s helpful.

Back