• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A new poem after 20 years

Scoop

Real Person*
Male
So my lovely wife and I are looking for my second. Its been a whirlwind of emotion. I'm so proud of Jessie and what God has done in her heart. I used to write poetry many years ago and put it down because I had a crazy life to live and a large collection of my poems were destroyed. With what we've now gone through and how things are now with my wife and I being so in love and so much closer through this process, I picked up the pen again. Without explaining every detail (it all has very specific meaning) its about our journey here and our vision forward. Love you Jessie!

(Please don't steal my work though if you please)

"Fire to Water"

Our visions were once shaped by men, until the glass turned slightly

Just when the tree healed all its wounds and in their place a missing branch beamed brightly

My love her heart refined by fire
drew strength from Yah to know me

What He created she became offering up her heart to dreams and kings to care for budding beams

So I anchor to her strength, it wakes the poets heart, now she sees all that I am, and leads me to the brook to drink from love

We water buds in hope that they will bloom, we take each others hands and know that there is room

Lovely!

There is an old thread here with poetry, some of it poly themed or original.

That is lovely @Scoop and so is @Jessie 's attitude toward you!

Thanks to both of you for the dose of inspiration! :)

So my lovely wife and I are looking for my second. Its been a whirlwind of emotion. I'm so proud of Jessie and what God has done in her heart. I used to write poetry many years ago and put it down because I had a crazy life to live and a large collection of my poems were destroyed. With what we've now gone through and how things are now with my wife and I being so in love and so much closer through this process, I picked up the pen again. Without explaining every detail (it all has very specific meaning) its about our journey here and our vision forward. Love you Jessie!

(Please don't steal my work though if you please)

"Fire to Water"

Our visions were once shaped by men, until the glass turned slightly

Just when the tree healed all its wounds and in their place a missing branch beamed brightly

My love her heart refined by fire
drew strength from Yah to know me

What He created she became offering up her heart to dreams and kings to care for budding beams

So I anchor to her strength, it wakes the poets heart, now she sees all that I am, and leads me to the brook to drink from love

We water buds in hope that they will bloom, we take each others hands and know that there is room
Wow! Lovely indeed.

Wow! Lovely indeed.
There is another thread of poetry too.

Back