• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Can women pray or prophesy in the Assembly?

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. [1Co 14:35 KJV]

Who do single women and widows ask?

A good practical question

Their fathers.

They would not always be alive. "The male head of their family" would be a more workable answer.

Both answers practically are in the main widely untenable as a real world answer or solution, simply because the instruction is regarding the word of YAH God and the increasing likelihood of the majority of women is that their fathers are NOT IN THE FAITH, or, he is a freemason etc, and when that is the case there is no way for a single woman to get teaching, instruction to learn anything regarding living holy from their father or male relatives.

Also one thing that I would say that is rarely considered within these conversations is the spiritual aspect, the fact that there are indeed demons, seducing spirits attempting at every hand to subvert the word of messiYAH, deceiving, diverting, distracting believers from the way. The battle is real.

It is necessary that a single woman must get teaching and learn, so, to that end, mature stable male elders as father figures and the mature women should take up that role UNTIL the single woman submits themselves to a godly man that they can preferably be of help to in some way or another.

4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
9 Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man.
10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.
11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
15 For some are already turned aside after Satan.
16 If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

Scripture is clear on the matter. Women under 60 are to be married.

This scripture doesn’t actually say that. It says widows under 60 who haven’t met a number of other qualifications shouldn’t be enrolled to receive charity.

A woman who has been a very young widow indeed met Christ as an infant at the temple and prophesied over Him. I am not convinced at all that a woman under 60 MUST marry.

The longer I walk in messiYAH, the deeper I look in scripture, I am convinced that ALL women should be "married" IF they are under 60 and not in their fathers / uncles etc house, this does not preclude women who are 60 and over from getting "married"
It is simply in agreement with the purpose design and function that woman was created by YAH for in the beginning from Genesis 1

By simple observation over 30 years it is obvious that single women living independent lifestyles are a mess, no matter how they try and rationalize their independent lifestyle. (there are obvious situations where a woman HAS TO leave her fathers house, abuse etc).

I used to believe exactly that until I studied that chapter closer. Paul's instruction is for the women under 60 to be married. Widow or otherwise.

Can you break down why you disagree? (give an exegesis of the passage?)
I just did. It doesn’t say that. It says not to enroll women under sixty and not involved in good works on the charity rolls. And we have examples of righteous young widows not remarrying.

The passage is specifically about who gets charity from the church because that charity could lead to idleness and that idleness could be destructive. That’s the specific topics and instructions. We can’t make it out to be more than it is.

The verse you start with excludes widows with sons and nephews from the instruction that was to follow. We can’t add to that.

Besides, your interpretation doesn’t allow for women who want to get married but haven’t been able to for whatever reason, several of whom we have in our assembly here.

I agree that its preferable that women be married, but can we honestly say that it is a command?

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. [1Co 14:35 KJV]

A good practical question

Both answers practically are in the main widely untenable as a real world answer or solution, simply because the instruction is regarding the word of YAH God and the increasing likelihood of the majority of women is that their fathers are NOT IN THE FAITH, or, he is a freemason etc, and when that is the case there is no way for a single woman to get teaching, instruction to learn anything regarding living holy from their father or male relatives.

Also one thing that I would say that is rarely considered within these conversations is the spiritual aspect, the fact that there are indeed demons, seducing spirits attempting at every hand to subvert the word of messiYAH, deceiving, diverting, distracting believers from the way. The battle is real.

It is necessary that a single woman must get teaching and learn, so, to that end, mature stable male elders as father figures and the mature women should take up that role UNTIL the single woman submits themselves to a godly man that they can preferably be of help to in some way or another.

The longer I walk in messiYAH, the deeper I look in scripture, I am convinced that ALL women should be "married" IF they are under 60 and not in their fathers / uncles etc house, this does not preclude women who are 60 and over from getting "married"
It is simply in agreement with the purpose design and function that woman was created by YAH for in the beginning from Genesis 1

By simple observation over 30 years it is obvious that single women living independent lifestyles are a mess, no matter how they try and rationalize their independent lifestyle. (there are obvious situations where a woman HAS TO leave her fathers house, abuse etc).
And that’s a perfectly reasonable statement to make. I think it’s possible for single women to move godly, productive lives but just like with men it becomes much easier to do so when yoked.

But there is no way given the the totality of scripture that we can require “marriage”.

And that’s a perfectly reasonable statement to make. I think it’s possible for single women to move godly, productive lives but just like with men it becomes much easier to do so when yoked.

But there is no way given the the totality of scripture that we can require “marriage”.
1 Corinthians 7:2 KJV — Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let EVERY man have his own wife, and let EVERY woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV — But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:2 NASB20 — But because of sexual immoralities, EACH man is to have his own wife, and EACH woman is to have her own husband.

The real challenge with this scripture which your first statement agrees with, is that, in light of your second statement is to make every or each, not mean, every or each.

If a man doesn't have the STONES to REBUKE his woman and keep HIS woman in line so that her rebellion doesn't influence my wife or other men's wives, I WILL speak up and put a stop to it if I can. Maybe just maybe he needs that example. I get it, Men shouldn't rebuke another man woman that is HIS JOB, but if she is trying to CONTROL the conversation that I am apart of I will let it slide for a little while, then I will set an example to the male and try and put a stop to it, if they will not heed then I will end the conversation or remove myself from it.
@Edward, if that is truly how you believe a man, a Godly man should act toward another man's wife, then I rebuke you. You are wrong. Do us all a favor and if we ever do meet, never speak to my wife. Not even hello.

Who do single women and widows ask?
If not a formal service, and in a general discussion, anyone can ask anything. This idea that women are to be silent everywhere except at home is ridiculous and not scriptural. Too many forget the Sitz im Leben of the verse, people and place. Ask my wife, ask my wife if it is okay to ask me, ask me in front of my wife. There are lots of options. You are not a child who is to be seen and not heard.

@Edward, if that is truly how you believe a man, a Godly man should act toward another man's wife, then I rebuke you. You are wrong. Do us all a favor and if we ever do meet, never speak to my wife. Not even hello.
I am going to have to rebuke you here. You are overreacting to his, admittedly strong, position.
This group is not monolithic in its understandings of Scripture. We have many different ways to approach certain concepts, and no one gets to lord it over anyone else’s beliefs.
We get along great at retreats while respecting our differences.

Please join us in discussing marriage, where we accept each other as fellow believers with a different understanding of some of the issues.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 7:2 KJV — Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let EVERY man have his own wife, and let EVERY woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV — But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:2 NASB20 — But because of sexual immoralities, EACH man is to have his own wife, and EACH woman is to have her own husband.

The real challenge with this scripture which your first statement agrees with, is that, in light of your second statement is to make every or each, not mean, every or each.
I can’t help but notice that you didn’t quote verse 8……

That verse is quite an anomaly.
I have never heard it explained adequately, and I don’t believe that we can use it in defining the rest of what we are taught in Scripture.

..........and I cant help but notice you haven't stretched far enough to quote verse 9 lol

We know that was not an instruction in verse 8 it was a personal wish desire of Apostle Paul's

In all seriousness the fact remains verse 2 explicitly says every / each, verse 8 has no impact on that.

The burden is to prove that the instruction in verse 2 which is in line with the original creation order account in Genesis does not mean every or each as the apostle Paul wrote it. Can you or anyone do that?

..........and I cant help but notice you haven't stretched far enough to quote verse 9 lol

We know that was not an instruction in verse 8 it was a personal wish desire of Apostle Paul's

In all seriousness the fact remains verse 2 explicitly says every / each, verse 8 has no impact on that.

The burden is to prove that the instruction in verse 2 which is in line with the original creation order account in Genesis does not mean every or each as the apostle Paul wrote it. Can you or anyone do that?
You did not just say “creation order” on this forum did you?!?!? You are hereby fined 100 cool points and demoted to new member. You are assigned 5 hours of reading old posts focused on the “creation ideal fallacy”.

Honestly though, it has to harmonize. We have to reconcile all of it together. The verses you’re quoting are talking about dealing with lust. If someone is trending towards sexual sin they should get married.

But we have examples of righteous young widows, including most likely Christ’s own mother, and we have Paul saying that marriage is optional. You can’t make the statement that scripture requires all women under 60 to be married.

It may heavily imply they should be, but it doesn’t command it.

They would not always be alive. "The male head of their family" would be a more workable answer.
Absolutely, but fathers would be first on that list.

You did not just say “creation order” on this forum did you?!?!? You are hereby fined 100 cool points and demoted to new member. You are assigned 5 hours of reading old posts focused on the “creation ideal fallacy”.

Honestly though, it has to harmonize. We have to reconcile all of it together. The verses you’re quoting are talking about dealing with lust. If someone is trending towards sexual sin they should get married.

But we have examples of righteous young widows, including most likely Christ’s own mother, and we have Paul saying that marriage is optional. You can’t make the statement that scripture requires all women under 60 to be married.

It may heavily imply they should be, but it doesn’t command it.
Lol...

Firstly I will clarify my creation order statement

I am speaking specifically about the fact that woman was created for man. That is the order I am referring to.

If the purpose function or design of woman has changed then I am not aware of any scripture that even alludes to a change. Maybe if I have missed something someone can enlighten me.

Apostle Paul stated.

1 Corinthians 11:9 KJV — Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

So I'm sticking with what he confirmed

Ergo
A woman outside of that order is out of order simple.

So, not a command but a creation order or creation ideal that is best for women outside of their father's / uncle's etc house

Remember in the beginning YAH God blessed THEM so this applies to men just as much as it applies to women.

1 Corinthians 7:2 says should as I wrote in my previous post

1 Corinthians 7 must be read as a whole. I can selectively quote from that chapter to support any position that I like.

Everyone should be celibate, because
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." (v1)
"I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I." (v8)

Everyone should be married, because
"Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." (v2)
Actually, that's about it, but I haven't run out of verses I could cherrypick to promote celibacy. Which really does show that it is entirely inappropriate to cherrypick v2 and base your views on that @JudahYAHites - there is more in the chapter that says the opposite.

Both positions are as ridiculous as the other. In reality, 1 Cor 7 does not lay down any laws, as it explicitly states "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment." (v6).

Read as a whole it is all very clear, it's just good advice from Paul to people in a range of situations. To summarise, "Celibacy is good. But if you have too much lust to be celibate (which is normal), marry. And here are some more detailed comments about each situation."
it has to harmonize. We have to reconcile all of it together.

Both answers practically are in the main widely untenable as a real world answer or solution, simply because the instruction is regarding the word of YAH God and the increasing likelihood of the majority of women is that their fathers are NOT IN THE FAITH
I wholeheartedly agree with these two sentiments, @JudahYAHites, as long as the woman is tangibly intentional about finding a husband. Far too many 'elders' aren't much better than atheists or freemasons in regard to the advice they hand out to widows and other single women.

The best place for vipers to hide in plain sight is in Church leadership.

Boom!

What you're pointing to is the tangible fact that, absent a godly husband, single women are tremendously prone to falling into ungodly habits -- even more so than are men. For both good and bad reasons, we have the tendency to focus on male failures, while glossing over or excusing female ones, but I'd suggest that the heart of what is wrong in this world today is a tendency to at least unwittingly advance Adversarial spiritual objectives through men not fulfilling their YHWH-commanded role of preventing their women from going astray (which includes male efforts to avoid taking responsibility for any women or children).
Besides, your interpretation doesn’t allow for women who want to get married but haven’t been able to for whatever reason, several of whom we have in our assembly here.
Good afternoon, precious brother. Be forewarned: I'm going to use your statement not intentionally to criticize it but to make a larger point that I believe, rightly or wrongly, has great bearing on this discussion.

We're in the midst of an iron-sharpening-iron discussion about whether widows should remarry. You continue by asking the following question:
I agree that its preferable that women be married, but can we honestly say that it is a command?
Others have already cited scriptures where it is commanded of women [I Corinthians 2:8 notwithstanding, given that that verse is inextricably associated with the context surrounding it, which is that, at that moment, Paul remained convinced of the imminence of the eschaton, something he later rejected, so his stated personal preference in :8 only reflects his then-present conviction that time was a-wastin' to spread the gospel before he had full comprehension of his gospel as revealed to him by Yeshua], but my assertion is that the more salient focus of any discussion even remotely related to this topic is, "Are men commanded to marry widows and even commanded to ensure that sufficient numbers of men are willing to practice polygyny to fulfill YHWH's desire that the vast number of widows will be married?" The answer, I assert, is that the holistic synthesis of contemplating everything related to this topic in Scripture is an unequivocal conclusion that, yes, widows are best married, and it is incumbent upon all godly men to step up to the plate to marry them.

Which leads me to a direct response to this:
Given the supposed primacy of this assembly's stated mission (promotion of patriarchy and polygyny), and given the amount of mouth gas we men have collectively exhaled, both at in-person gatherings and here online, to the effect that we're eager to expand our families, I see only two reasons why those women
whom we have in our assembly here
are not already married:
  1. The men are more focused on fulfilling fantasies than they are on ensuring that all women are covered, which is to a significant degree reflective of failure to embrace headship imperatives; and/or
  2. The women who remain single are unwilling to be led by anyone but men who meet their own demands, which is to a significant degree reflective of belief in female dominance.
. . . both of which boil down to individuals being more concerned with satisfying personal preferences than with obeying the commandments of YHWH. I'll mark ground by being the first to admit that I've been guilty of this myself.

But we will make no dent in promoting either polygyny or patriarchy until we confront this within ourselves and each other. The women are probably best off confronting themselves individually, and as men it's not inappropriate to declare that women collectively are avoiding becoming wives, but the most fundamental necessity is for us men to be willing to both (a) individually acknowledge when we're elevating pursuit of tickling our fancies over fulfilling our Yah-commanded roles as leaders of the Assembly writ large, and (b) efficaciously confront our brothers in Christ when we see that they're pronouncing an intention to implement plural marriage but allowing either their own personal preferences or the sabotage of their already-existing wives to prevent them from wifing up women who are clearly available and in need of male headship.

So, how do we implement this without ending up in a Rebuke City echo chamber?
We also had a similar experience here on the property, us men were talking Biblical stuff with another man and every time we asked him a question his wife would butt in. He couldn't get a word in edge wise. Finally I had enough, and I rebuked her, it was something to the effect of... Are you going to be quiet and let him answer, we are talking to him not you, we want his thoughts not yours. Needless to say, we haven't seen them since.
You decided to rebuke another man's woman in front of him.
If a man doesn't have the STONES to REBUKE his woman and keep HIS woman in line so that her rebellion doesn't influence my wife or other men's wives, I WILL speak up and put a stop to it if I can. Maybe just maybe he needs that example. I get it, Men shouldn't rebuke another man woman that is HIS JOB, but if she is trying to CONTROL the conversation that I am apart of I will let it slide for a little while, then I will set an example to the male and try and put a stop to it, if they will not heed then I will end the conversation or remove myself from it.
I am going to have to rebuke you here. You are overreacting to his, admittedly strong, position.
This group is not monolithic in its understandings of Scripture. We have many different ways to approach certain concepts, and no one gets to lord it over anyone else’s beliefs.
Again, please forgive me for singling out your particular posts, @Edward, but they're instructive, not as a matter of casting aspersions in your particular direction but because you're the one who opened up the rebuking hornet's nest.

Perhaps rebuking isn't efficacious confrontation.

Perhaps confrontation -- to be effective -- requires an effort to at least strive for disembodied descriptions of particular destructive behaviors. No one has appointed me as a Judge in this matter, but if hypothetically I were Judge Judah, I would declare that @MarkH most deserves to be awarded damages or legitimacy, and significantly because of @JudahYAHites's testimony. Promotion of patriarchy requires reverence for leadership, and reverence for leadership requires respect for chain of command. My admonition from the bench would be that, if one man disapproves of what another man's woman is doing, the only appropriate intervention would be to take the other man aside privately and share his perceptions, perhaps even requesting that the other man address the issue with his woman.

This is not trumped by any concept related to differing interpretations of Scripture. @steve, you are spot on when you assert that
no one gets to lord it over anyone else’s beliefs,
but one's individual beliefs do not justify interfering with another man's authority over his woman by publicly rebuking that man's woman.

My general intuition about such situations is that when we're tempted to bring shame on other individual men for failure to properly lead their women, the likelihood is that a much more appropriate use of our time, energy and wisdom would be to stop and reflect on what our own individual failures are with our own women; this amounts to a Matthew 7 moment: "Now why are you observing the mote that is in your brother's eye, yet the beam in your eye you are not considering? Or how will you be declaring to your brother, 'Brother,' let me extract the mote out of your eye, and lo! the beam is in your eye? Hypocrite! Extract first the beam out of your eye, and then you will be keen-sighted to be extracting the mote out of your brother's eye." [:3-5, Concordant Literal New Testament]

The potential beams could be anything from (a) addressing how our own woman gossips, to (b) acknowledging the manner in which she sabotages our leadership, vision or burgeoning relationship with another woman, to (c) our own woman's similarly-egregious but perhaps more-subtle interruptions of more-appropriately-male discussion.

Back to the topic:
I agree. We can't require it. Not being YHWH, none of us possess the authority to do the requiring, but that doesn't stop us from acknowledging that YHWH admonishes unmarried women to marry -- and it also doesn't stop me from disagreeing with this:
I think it’s possible for single women to move (live?) godly, productive lives but just like with men it becomes much easier to do so when yoked.
My disagreement comes from knowing that promotion of that idea won't just be left in the realm of "until one finds a husband" but will instead be prime fodder for justifying remaining unmarried as long as possible for the purpose of extending the delusion that a woman is perfectly justified operating under the fantasy that she can be independent.

I'll just add this, because it has been heavily weighing on my heart:

As most of my friends, associates and men whom I counsel are aware, lately I've been an outspoken advocate of men (a) jettisoning the approach to plural marriage of focusing on obtaining the hottest, youngest, most-submissive, closest-to-virginal wife who will automatically fit right in with our preexisting households, inspire our libidos and satisfy our sexual needs, and come equipped with willing and able spirits to augment the wifely strengths possessed by our already-present wives, to instead (b) meeting available women where they are in the real world but actively initiate headship even before courtship begins by establishing conditions for these women that have to be met before we either (1) bring them into our households or (2) consummate relationships with them.

I'm certain there is nothing disrespectful about telling a single woman exactly what would be expected of her to be your wife or to additionally expect her to start demonstrating significant progress toward meeting one's expectations before a permanent covenant ensues. Far too often, men behave as if they're blessed just by a woman's willingness to consider being one's wife, but the truth of the matter is that the more generous side of the equation is the willingness of the man to take on another wife.

I am not suggesting that this be used as yet another excuse to continue in a state of Playing House about polygyny, pretending to be seeking it while consistently avoiding it like the plague. Instead, I'm advocating very seriously preparing oneself for leading another woman -- and doing so by initiating headship even as early as prior to courtship.

So conditions are entirely reasonable, and they include everything from improved self-care (including diet and exercise); straightening up loose-end relationships with other men (including baby daddies, which could also include expectations that unimplemented efforts to reconcile first be undertaken); self-confrontation of remaining feminist mindsets; disengaging from welfare dependence; making actual preparations to move from one geographical location to another; and lessening overt and covert attempts to control the prospective male mate's inner desires.

As a matter of self-disclosure, though, I've been discussing with only a small group of individuals what I'm increasingly becoming convinced is a personal stumbling block in this regard: would it ever be appropriate to present a potential wife with the condition that, as long as it didn't entail denial of the Supremacy of our LORD or the Saving Grace of the Passion, Crucifixion and Resurrection of our Lord, the woman be willing to abandon significant chunks of what, up to that moment, has been her spiritual path? Up until now, I've been an advocate of and have been willing to present any condition whatsoever to women in relation to the potential for kinetic headship -- except that one. I've considered it sacrosanct, but what I'm now wondering is if it isn't a kink in the patriarchal armor (a way out of confronting perhaps one of the most foundational impediments to male headship), as well as operating as just another excuse for avoiding ensuring that all women are covered.

Here's what I've observed vaguely in the mainstream culture but more clearly within Biblical Families when it comes to women who cross paths with us (sometimes even becoming longstanding unmarried members): the women tend to appear already possessing deeply-entrenched spiritual-path habits, and thus they are only given consideration by men whose 'lane' those women are already swimming in, which automatically drastically reduces the number of potential pairings. The focus becomes one of quibbling about secondary considerations like 'spark,' submissiveness and financial burdens, but the most significant level of rejection occurs due to the Christian Club to which the woman belongs.

Is it possible that this camouflages a tremendous Blind Spot in our supposed efforts to cover all the lonely, disconcerted widows that exist among us, both in Biblical Families and the rest of Planet Earth?

What if the Blind Spot is failure to recognize that the primary barrier to willingness to be led on the part of unmarried women is the fact that they are insisting on following rituals and practices that were taught to them by previous men who are no longer operating as heads in their lives? At best, those men would be godly fathers, but at worst those men could be men who either demonstrated either incompetence or unwillingness to lead these women, which, probably in most cases, means that our own unwillingness to expect them to abandon their Club for our own is an unwillingness on our part to assert our own headship as worthy of being superior to that which these women formerly imprinted on even though it proved to be part of an inadequate constellation of leadership.

I'd love your thoughts, but I'll close by adding this: paradoxically, it seems to me in slightly less than a decade's exposure to this organization that it's not an infrequent occurrence for Torah-keeping women to be rejected as inadequate by Torah-keeping men while non-Torah-keeping men are drawn to these same women but won't wife them up because they're Torah-keepers -- as well as that we've had non-TK women whom no non-TK men consider ideal who would probably generally fit in more easily in TK families, but the TK-men won't wife them up because they're not already Torah-keeping.

This just represents two of the many examples of different lanes of the pool, but, really, what would be inappropriate about a man in either of those lanes to straightforwardly assert to an unmarried woman who needs covering that he would very seriously consider marriage if that woman would be willing to radically alter her non-salvation-aspect spiritual path?

1 Corinthians 7 must be read as a whole. I can selectively quote from that chapter to support any position that I like.

Everyone should be celibate, because
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." (v1)
"I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I." (v8)

Everyone should be married, because
"Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." (v2)
Actually, that's about it, but I haven't run out of verses I could cherrypick to promote celibacy. Which really does show that it is entirely inappropriate to cherrypick v2 and base your views on that @JudahYAHites - there is more in the chapter that says the opposite.

Both positions are as ridiculous as the other. In reality, 1 Cor 7 does not lay down any laws, as it explicitly states "But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment." (v6).

Read as a whole it is all very clear, it's just good advice from Paul to people in a range of situations. To summarise, "Celibacy is good. But if you have too much lust to be celibate (which is normal), marry. And here are some more detailed comments about each situation."
You are reaching and rehashing things that I already clarified go back and read what I wrote I already addressed verse 8

Yes he gave a reason to avoid fornication
Did Paul state that each / every man and woman should marry or not ?
Was woman created for man ?

Who said anything about "creating laws" ?
Not me, don't misrepresent what I said when you can simply quote it.

When you say things that I didn't say you are arguing with yourself, and I am not in the habit of arguing to defend what I didn't say or a twisted interpretation of what I said.

I have an adequate command of the English language and I write what I mean. No translation or reinterpretation is necessary.

Ask a question then I can answer if you need clarification on what I have written.

I usually find that it's women who initially oppose this position .

I wholeheartedly agree with these two sentiments, @JudahYAHites, as long as the woman is tangibly intentional about finding a husband. Far too many 'elders' aren't much better than atheists or freemasons in regard to the advice they hand out to widows and other single women.

The best place for vipers to hide in plain sight is in Church leadership.

Agreed, this is why mature stable proven women should be involved too.

Promotion of patriarchy requires reverence for leadership, and reverence for leadership requires respect for chain of command.

Exactly

My admonition from the bench would be that, if one man disapproves of what another man's woman is doing, the only appropriate intervention would be to take the other man aside privately and share his perceptions, perhaps even requesting that the other man address the issue with his woman.

100%

So when father is dead. No other family in the faith? This is a reality for many women in today’s world. So what do they do?
Father dead? No other family in the faith? Where did the hypothetical woman's faith come from? Entirely self-taught? If not, then my suggestion would be that such a woman should seek out wisdom from the last man in her life who was instrumental in her faith walk. If no such man exists, I'd suggest going back to the last man that woman respected even if he wasn't a man of faith, tell him she's looking for a man of faith to cover her, and ask him for his advice.

I have a more comprehensive answer, though, coming from a different angle:

Too often, we cavalierly, thoughtlessly, fall into the trap of painting women as victims. I'm not criticizing you in particular, @Hisdaughter; the tendency to do this is ubiquitous in our culture. But, "This is a reality for many women in today's world," assigns them no agency or responsibility in regard to being in such a situation -- it's just their 'reality,' as if it came about entirely by accident. Each woman follows paths of her own making, especially after reaching adulthood. How does a woman end up in a position in which her father is dead, no living male relatives exist who have a faith path, and she somehow found the LORD but never attracted a man to be her head?

So my first advice to any such woman would be to challenge her to do some really serious self-reflection to determine exactly what were all the inflection points in her life -- the forks-in-the-road -- when she chose the path that went in a direction other than toward being covered by a godly man. To be honest with herself about what she has done to avoid ending up in a godly relationship.

If her father gave her relevant advice when he was alive, why didn't she follow it?

What approaches from godly men did she reject and why?

What available godly men did she identify as desirable but entirely failed to give them a clue that she might have been interested?

What behavioral choices did she make that made her invisible to desirable godly men? For example, was she even interested in godly men when she was still young enough to be appealing to those men?

And just a lot of self-reflection about how her own inner life and outer behavior prevented her from being pursued or pursuing -- not to mention giving serious consideration to whether her standards may be too high.

This last thing I'll add is just a general statement that I believe from meeting you doesn't apply to you, but many women have passed through these digital halls with songs and dances about how unwelcoming men (and, in many cases, the women to whom they're already married) are. Just as far too many men seeking polygyny haven't yet confronted the fact that they aren't even the heads of the wives they've already got, so too is it the case that far too many women repetitively (to the point of being painfully boring about it) fail to even begin to identify just what it is about them that causes them to be rejected.

So when father is dead. No other family in the faith? This is a reality for many women in today’s world. So what do they do?
Sad but true...

Father dead? No other family in the faith?
Sadly they exist...

Where did the hypothetical woman's faith come from? Entirely self-taught?
The Gospel
The conviction of sin by the holy spirit /ruach hakodesh

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

You may not have come across women like this in your life but I assure you they do exist in real life.

If not, then my suggestion would bet hat such a woman should seek out wisdom from the last man in her life who was instrumental in her faith walk.
Let's remember we are discussing

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV — Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

So we are dealing with the teaching within the church assembly fellowship ekklesia wherein this woman has questions.

If no such man exists, I'd suggest going back to the last man that woman respected even if he wasn't a man of faith, tell him she's looking for a man of faith to cover her, and ask him for his advice.

This is the issue when dealing with hypothetical situations, there is an inability to see beyond what we may know, understand or have experienced.

I have a more comprehensive answer, though, coming from a different angle:

Too often, we cavalierly, thoughtlessly, fall into the trap of painting women as victims. I'm not criticizing you in particular, @Hisdaughter; the tendency to do this is ubiquitous in our culture. But, "This is a reality for many women in today's world," assigns them no agency or responsibility in regard to being in such a situation -- it's just their 'reality,' as if it came about entirely by accident. Each woman follows paths of her own making, especially after reaching adulthood. How does a woman end up in a position in which her father is dead, no living male relatives exist who have a faith path, and she somehow found the LORD but never attracted a man to be her head?

So my first advice to any such woman would be to challenge her to do some really serious self-reflection to determine exactly what were all the inflection points in her life -- the forks-in-the-road -- when she chose the path that went in a direction other than toward being covered by a godly man. To be honest with herself about what she has done to avoid ending up in a godly relationship.

If her father gave her relevant advice when he was alive, why didn't she follow it?

What approaches from godly men did she reject and why?

What available godly men did she identify as desirable but entirely failed to give them a clue that she might have been interested?

What behavioral choices did she make that made her invisible to desirable godly men? For example, was she even interested in godly men when she was still young enough to be appealing to those men?

And just a lot of self-reflection about how her own inner life and outer behavior prevented her from being pursued or pursuing -- not to mention giving serious consideration to whether her standards may be too high.

I will say this, having come across women in very bad situations that have concatenated since childhood that they were not in control of at all, as I have mentioned before, the fact that we are born into the middle of a spiritual war zone is greatly overlooked, underestimated and ignored.

The evil that is done by men and women who are meant to protect provide and nurture young girls until they find a good man to commit her care to is mind boggling and alters one's view of reality in ways you may not be able to imagine until you come across women and men, who have been through things that are legitimately no fault of their own.
(Let me not even get into those who have experienced abuse within the church by those who are meant to be trusted)

The way experiences and environment can negatively affect and shape decision making and choices is not readily apparent from a cursory assessment of any person or situation, especially hypothetical.

At the end of the day when we get to the meat of what we are discussing unmarried women need biblical teaching and nurturing that will renew their minds in the transformation that Jesus / YaHushuWaH is doing in her life, UNTIL, she is "wifed", I have shared what we do practically, theoretically anything can happen.

Last edited:
Back