• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Clan Building: Wealth

I watched a short film about this family and when they asked him about intimacy he said that whenever the wives need him they come to him. I don’t if the one week a year thing is totally accurate.
Hard to believe this, either... it would mean that only 2 or 3 in 40 needed intimacy on any given day... over that is a very busy man.... of course, culturally, the women may not be as prone to need personal time?

I guess wrapping my mind around more than seven, Isaiah 4:1, is beyond hard... though, back to topic, I can see that he is building a clan...

Last edited:
Ok so I am back to explain the agricultural/currency based wealth building plan. (Its the best one I know of with my limited knowledge)

It is a 14 year plan divided into two 7 year periods.

I will keep this explination basic and people can PM me if they want more specifics. (I have lots of pages and videos of more specifics)

I have some personal experience with all parts of the elements of the plan as I intend to follow the full plan some time soon if the Lord wills it.

Step one.

Acquire cleared land or a ten to fifteen year land lease. (The land lease has higher ROI unless the land purchase doubles as your home in an affordable area)

Step two.

Purchase and plant royal empress trees in Rows on your cleared land.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...y-gardener/make-millions-growing-empress-tree

I am near Washington DC so this planting needs to happen in April. This step can be taught to even young kids. The steps are easy and the kids can start to learn about how to care for the growing trees even as you plant them.

The stock needs to be large enough that chickens won't eat them (no seedlings).

Step three

Get acquainted with John Suscovichs business and building plans for Chicken tractors (mobile chicken coops). I built one last year and have been raising chickens in it for about 14 months, haven't lost a single bird because of the design. Also choose which of your children will learn to build the coops and which will learn to raise the chickens...

Step four

Build your chicken coops! They will be moved once a day in the rows between the growing trees. This way your egg or meat producers are also fertilizing your trees and keeping down bugs that might eat the trees leaves. The chickens also vastly reduce the need to cut grass or weeds in the rows.

Here is a video of John doing this between rows of hops.

Also a video about money made on a chicken tractor set up.

My kids are learning to run our chicken tractor and love it.

Step five

The education and setup for this step may only fit the more math nerd and engineering types. This also may not be legal in the UK anymore but is encouraged in the US.

The money you made over the spring, summer and fall from your chickens goes into something called currency swap arbitrage. (This is not standard arbitrage) this setup is where you have two brokers in two different countries that both serve clients in your country.

You take exact opposite positions with each broker. But how could you make money with a net neutral position? The brokers pay different rates of interest. So you make the interest even though your net position never changes. (If you want to know why this is not charging your brother interest PM me). Just keep rolling the interest into the position and compounding it. Teach this step to your nerdiest and most responsible child.

Step six

Winterize your trees. Don't lose super valuable trees to deer who like to scrape their antlers in the winter.

Step seven

Going into winter
Pick two kids to learn this system http://tinyurl.com/y22hbpox
of growing microgreens (even 4 racks of this system have very worthwhile ROI and are quickly and cheaply expandable to meet customer needs)

Also the sales approach and deliveries of these greens to restaurants is very straight forward. If your kids can drive they can do the deliveries.

Step eight

All profit from the chickens and microgreens in the first three years go directly into currency swap arbitrage.

Step nine

Run, grow and expand these businesses as you raise the trees until year seven.

Even if the profits on the first seven years of the greens and chickens are meager they should seed more than enough into the currency arbitrage to net huge profits by the end of the first seven year period, which is also roughly when you get the first tree harvest.

If you are trying to build generational wealth you can put the full tree harvest profits into the currency arbitrage and keep going another seven years or adjust your plans.

As with all things plans are just plans. I have grown some of these trees. I got some consulting from a guy who grew about $240,000 worth of them on a couple acres. I have built my first chicken tractor and am in decent egg production now. I have been making decent returns on currencies for a while now. I am working my way into this plan and gaining experience with each part of it. I want to add, this plan is not my hope or mission in life. It seems smart to me and as the Lord allows I will pursue it.

I hope this info is a blessing!

Hard to believe this, either... it would mean that only 2 or 3 in 40 needed intimacy on any given day... over that is a very busy man.... of course, culturally, the women may not be as prone to need personal time?

I guess wrapping my mind around more than seven, Isaiah 4:1, is beyond hard... though, back to topic, I can see that he is building a clan...
Yeah I don’t know, seems to make more sense then the one week a year thing though.

Great info. One caution though: the empress tree thing doesn't pass the sniff test with me (and I speak from experience in ag marketing, economics and watching various get rich quick ag schemes come and go). So for that and the chicken thing and microgreen thing: be sure to do your market research first. For the quick turnover items: small and build slowly with your market. And if you leased the land, make sure the lease allows you to plant trees. Most land owners will not be happy to have to spend the money to clear the land when you're done.

I just started vegetable gardening this year (a single 4' square raised bed using "square foot gardening") so I've been watching lots of gardening vids over the past few months. All of which to say, I found the microgreens thing very interesting. For anyone interested, the city-hydro indoor vertical garden is toured here (hour long):

Edit to add: of course, always doubt "get rich quick" schemes, as rockfox says. Regardless of income, this just sounds like a fascinating way to garden.

I just started vegetable gardening this year (a single 4' square raised bed using "square foot gardening") so I've been watching lots of gardening vids over the past few months. All of which to say, I found the microgreens thing very interesting. For anyone interested, the city-hydro indoor vertical garden is toured here (hour long):

Edit to add: of course, always doubt "get rich quick" schemes, as rockfox says. Regardless of income, this just sounds like a fascinating way to garden.

Yes that is the microgreens kit I bought. It works well.

So does anyone have any ideas on the intergeneration aspect of this?

The only answer I’ve come up with is a transfer of stewardship earlier than our society deems correct (at death).

I know of a family that has a ranch in Swan Lake Basin in Oregon. They had two sons and by the time they were in their early thirties and married, both major operations of the ranch were transferred to the sons (cattle and hay) This early transfer of stewardship allowed the sons to build the next generation financially and family wise and set them up early so they could do the same thing once their sons reached that point. The father still worked and was the nominal head of the overall operation, but he was no longer tied down to its success and could manage it from the periphery and allow his sons to excell and succeed.

The other aspect that I believe is overlooked is to teach your children an inter generational vision for your family and theirs. You must convince them that your actions and vision and planning are being done now to help them set up their family in the near future. That your primary goal for them is an incredible future. That your job is their future. You must enlist them in the task of preparing for their family. Once they realize that your vision is to help them succeed at their vision, you become a partner in the next generation instead of the schoolmaster that they cant wait to escape.

The only answer I’ve come up with is a transfer of stewardship earlier than our society deems correct (at death).

I know of a family that has a ranch in Swan Lake Basin in Oregon. They had two sons and by the time they were in their early thirties and married, both major operations of the ranch were transferred to the sons (cattle and hay) This early transfer of stewardship allowed the sons to build the next generation financially and family wise and set them up early so they could do the same thing once their sons reached that point. The father still worked and was the nominal head of the overall operation, but he was no longer tied down to its success and could manage it from the periphery and allow his sons to excell and succeed.

The other aspect that I believe is overlooked is to teach your children an inter generational vision for your family and theirs. You must convince them that your actions and vision and planning are being done now to help them set up their family in the near future. That your primary goal for them is an incredible future. That your job is their future. You must enlist them in the task of preparing for their family. Once they realize that your vision is to help them succeed at their vision, you become a partner in the next generation instead of the schoolmaster that they cant wait to escape.
I love this answer. Need to ponder.

The financial side of this is where we usually focus when looking at this, but it shouldn’t be. The primary focus should be to establish the next generation with the means available to you even if that is only wisdom. A large part of it is focusing your young men’s attention on the moment/ goal when they “become” a man on their own and self supporting.

I know in my case, so much of my own money was spent on good things and much on unnecessary things that would have been much better focused on my own household. If I’d had someone counseling me and encouraging me to focus forward a couple of years, say from the age of 13 or 14, I would have been in much better shape than I was.

For my own children, part of my strategy has been to try to teach them how to make money, not just earn it. Next step, focus them on saving money for a large purchase, like a house (not a car). Giving them a goal of, say, $10,000 by the time they’re 18, (especially for my son) so that he has the financial nest egg to get into a starter home instead of an apartment. Along with that is why you save for the home instead of the car. A young man who is able to begin adulthood with a home, no matter how humble, will end up being able to afford everything else. A young man who starts with everything else will struggle for the next ten years (minimum if he also starts a family) to finally get the home.

All of that with their earned/made money, not mine.

Beyond that, its not the assets you can give them, so much as it is the knowledge and understanding that this is your goal for them and you wanna help them achieve this to the best you’re able. This is an invaluable asset to grant your children, boys or girls and IMO is much more valuable than we realize. This will have multigenerational impact because you’ve just taught your children how to boost theirs.

Something else we are about to do with our older two is to have them convert a small part of their savings into a secured line of credit so we can begin teaching them how to manage credit to go along with their nest egg safely. What good is a nest egg if they cant do anything else with it or their balance on the humble abode is loaded with a higher interest because they have no credit or poor credit? Plan ahead and do things that cost next to nothing for cost savings later.

I certainly don’t have all the answers for this, . . . . But, I do know that we have to boost our children sooner (than death) if we want to foster a relationship that will not have to overcome the turmoil of being kicked out of the nest or where they feel like they have to run away from home to get out on their own. From what I’ve seen you cant start too early and you can definitely start too late.

This is gold. The key word for me is is vision.
To often my vision for my family has been to small.
I must Think bigger
The vision we have influences all actions going forward
Teaching How to Make money is easy, making money work for you is a bit harder.
Then there’s ways of reducing shrinkage, that’s reducing the wastefulness.
A vision (reason) is what drives it all

so that he has the financial nest egg to get into a starter home instead of an apartment. Along with that is why you save for the home instead of the car. A young man who is able to begin adulthood with a home, no matter how humble, will end up being able to afford everything else.
Reminded me of this video (normally this guy posts about medieval weapons, armor, castles, dragons and such, not about real estate)

I know another young man whose father approached him when he was about 15 and asked if the son would allow him to help him and teach him how to utilize and invest his money.

At 22 or so when the young man found someone he was interested in to marry, he was worth about 150k net. Just from his own hard work and his father partnering with him to reach the goal of a successful adult launch.

Back