• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Comments on Froggie Family Chronicles

ylop

Real Person*
Hi there.

In general, congratulations to Biblical Families on the new sections for telling stories. Great initiative. Wonderful material. More applied than teaching articles ;)

Now onto the chronicles:

1. Thank you so much to the Froggie family for sharing your story. Absolutely invaluable first-class learning material there, certainly showing some aspects of plural marriage I had not considered.
2. I really want this to work out for you.
3. Being a bit of a pessimist on human nature, my opinions haven't changed since my post a month or so ago on the original thread.
4. Don't take #3 to heart, re-read #2 and ignore me.

ylop

ylop said:
Hi there.

In general, congratulations to Biblical Families on the new sections for telling stories.

ylop

Really? I see the point in one 'how we did it' story from a successful (ie long term and stable) polygamous family or whatever.... I don't see the point of this new section and we certainly don't have enough stable families to put in it.

B

Well hopefully having a specific place for the stories will flush a few more out of the woods...

Ok, fair enough, that is a good point. :)

B

in ten years they will be one of our long-term stable families and we will have the chronicles of how they got there.

yes, i hope that some of our already-proven marriages will be inspired to write also.

Remember, folks, the Froggies already have a stable 20+ year marriage. I think they'll do just fine. And we're all here for them if they run into trouble, right?

Anyway, believe me, we ARE looking for more stories, and people willing to commit to sharing their journey, from first introduction to PM on, whether families or singles.

The more true, real, stories we can get, of success AND failure, the more we will all learn, right? Feel free to join in.

But, like God creating the first people, Ya Gotta Start Somewhere!

Folks use the creation of Adam and Eve, not Adam. Eve & Sue to argue against PM. But all it really proves is that even God was bound by this simple principle.

So by all means, jump in. Help us out.

If you have concerns about backlash, we can suitably disguise the characters and places "for publication". But Uncle C wants YOU to contribute! :D

Isabella said:
ylop said:
Hi there.

In general, congratulations to Biblical Families on the new sections for telling stories.

ylop

Really? I see the point in one 'how we did it' story from a successful (ie long term and stable) polygamous family or whatever.... I don't see the point of this new section and we certainly don't have enough stable families to put in it.

B

Respectfully,

"We" absolutely do have "enough" families to put in there, depending on our definition of the words "we" and "enough". At the last retreat, there were 4 or 5 poly living families if I remember correctly. And I personally know at least three or four more families that just don't post online anywhere with any regularity. So if we rounded them all up and forced them to tell their stories, there would be plenty of poly tales to keep us reading for quite some time.

For me, I see the benefit of these types of threads being the ability for everyone to see how things work out and to learn from those that have gone before. Many families, husbands, wives, single women move too quickly in my opinion when things are new and "perfect". Having a thread that they can read FIRST might temper their enthusiasm long enough for them to let their emotions settle and act more rationally, instead of thinking that the way they feel today in the youth of the relationship will always be there.

Which is kind of the point of me saying I can see the point of long term committed families posting but I don't see the point of the current format, it just seems a bit self indulgent.

B

Isabella said:
Which is kind of the point of me saying I can see the point of long term committed families posting but I don't see the point of the current format, it just seems a bit self indulgent.

B

If we can identify the part about the current format that seems a bit self indulgent, we can have that tweaked so that it is not so self indulgent. I think the family writes the story, the admin edits it if needed, and the thread is locked in order to avoid the topic being sidetracked. I believe the point is to allow for reading and observing, but not commenting or posting.

Isabella said:
I don't see the point of the current format, it just seems a bit self indulgent.

Well, Bels, two thoughts occur to me:

a) Feel free to ignore the stories and let more pointless people such as myself enjoy. :D

b) Feel free to indulge yourself as well, and contribute your own story. We'd love to hear it.

Paul not the apostle said:
The family writes the story, the admin edits it if needed, and the thread is locked in order to avoid the topic being sidetracked. I believe the point is to allow for reading and observing, but not commenting or posting.

Well stated. Their story is their story. Our thoughts and comments may or may not prove helpful or accurate, but in any case, are not their story.

And if we sit around criticizing them for sharing their lives, what have we actually accomplished or contributed? Nothing except perhaps discouraging them from continuing. What would that accomplish? Anything good? Not that I can tell.

"Carry on," says I. Bring us more. And instead of criticizing, I'll start to contribute my own journey. Maybe someone, somewhere, will find it worth reading.

Special thanks to ylop, Cecil and Paul-not the apostle for your words of encouragement.

I want people to understand that the transformation that has taken place in my family is purely the work of God, and not of ourselves. This is a very important key element that will ultimately
determine whether a plural marriage succeeds or fails.

Before anyone embarks on the journey of plural marriage, God must grow your heart sufficiently to bear it. Yes, this can happen rather suddenly! Afterall, a similar transformation must take place when we first realize our salvation in Christ Jesus, does it not? (how many people have you spoken/corresponded with who can tell you the exact moment they were saved?) But it is true, as Bels and ylop have cautioned, that plural marriage is not to be pursued "willy-nilly." If God has not sufficiently grown and expanded your heart, your marriage is not likely to succeed. And even then, God must keep HIs Ever-Loving Hand on your hearts at all times, or your marriage is doomed to fail. That's the profound Gospel Truth, in a nutshell, people.

Now some of you might question whether this transformation could possibly have happened to me, Mr. Froggie, and Ruth, in such a short amount of time, and so suddenly. And to you I ask: Are you omniscient? Can you read the hearts of men? My Bible says only The Lord HImself can do that!

I'm here to tell you that I am more in love with Mr. Froggie now than I have ever been, even more in love with him than I was just two months ago--- and all because of witnessing his own newly grown capacity to love! It is a fantastic feeling, that can only come from the Work of the Almighty. :)

Ahh, Froggie, you rock, girl!

We are working on our story as well, now that we are moving from being "theorists" to actually building a plural family. Hopefully the first installation will be finished, submitted and approved by our dear "Uncle C," ( who has put himself forth as a servant to all three of us and is being quite the gift of strength as we stumble and bumble along) pretty soon here. I am enormously proud of my husband, and am watching him grow at "warp speed, Mr. Zulu." I am also proud of my sister-wife-to-be, and amazed at the growth in all of us. God is good, all the time. Yes, as I said on the chat last Tue pm, sometimes we feel like we are living on the set of Twister, with cows and 18 wheelers flying by in the middle of an EF 5, but boy, do I relish the moving of the Holy Spirit in my life, however uncomfortable it is at times.

Good stuff, Maynard!! ;) (Some of you are too young to remember Dobie Gillis, but that is from whence the quote springeth.)

My dear Froggie,

As my sister-wife-to-be is still sleeping, (she has a number of physical ailments that attack her, and we are also watching the attacks lessen while sweet healing and wholeness seeps in,) I thought I would take the time to get caught up on Les Histoires de La Famille Grenouille (the Frog Fam Gazette,) and oh, am I enjoying your tales, and the transparencies contained therein.

You are a joy and strength to me and this board, and I hope we can meet face to face. Thank you again, with all that is on your plate, for taking the time to communicate! ;) (No rhyme intended...)

I am aware that you are only a few months ahead of me on this journey, (I having only been a "theorist" for nearly seven years,) but the growth that I see, and the healthy honesty and problem solving is utterly refreshing. Again, my thanks, dear. God gets the glory, and you get the compliment.

Shalom to you and your precious tribe!

Thanks Ali, and I am so excited to have the stories of your own family's journey now too! Funny, I had never made the connection of you being Steve's Ali! (Give me an airhead emoticon, lol)

I am just thrilled to see more new poly families posting, so we can all learn from each other, and expand our growth in the sport of "Extreme Love." (Good one, Cecil) :D I will no doubt me PMing you soon, as our families have so much in common, it would seem, just from what you have written so far. (We are Star Trek nerds too, and Mr. Froggie is post military, and a former truck driver.)

Blessings to you and yours! :D

Sadly, not the last I checked ... :cry:

I won't comment on details either, that's up to Froggie, but as Cecil said it's not good. Each of them needs your continued prayers.

Back