• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

corporate spokes person

Jack P.

Real Person
Male
How do you feel about a business that picks a person that is living a sinful life to be their spokes person? Should we as Christian consumers speak up with the only real voice we have, the dollar? This Bud Light thing that is in the news now, with the guy that is sick thinking he is a girl. Why would you want someone representing your brand that is living in a pretend world. I just saw where Ru Paul is now on Jack Daniels team. should we as believers boycott these brands?
I say yes, how else if we don't speak up will the corporate ad men know this is unacceptable for the most of America! I have heard the phrase we as believers are suppose to go unto and be in the world but not of the world> anyone else hear this besides me? So where oh where to my friends fall on this subject?

How do you feel about a business that picks a person that is living a sinful life to be their spokes person? Should we as Christian consumers speak up with the only real voice we have, the dollar? This Bud Light thing that is in the news now, with the guy that is sick thinking he is a girl. Why would you want someone representing your brand that is living in a pretend world. I just saw where Ru Paul is now on Jack Daniels team. should we as believers boycott these brands?
I say yes, how else if we don't speak up will the corporate ad men know this is unacceptable for the most of America! I have heard the phrase we as believers are suppose to go unto and be in the world but not of the world> anyone else hear this besides me? So where oh where to my friends fall on this subject?
If I drank such, I would happily boycott them.
But somehow I see it as appropriate to have that stupidity associated with Bud Light.

I have been boycotting businesses for years. Camping world, Starbucks, George Clooney movies, Tom Cruise movies and many more. How would I answer to my Creator if asked why I supported such things? How will you?

I have been boycotting businesses for years. Camping world, Starbucks, George Clooney movies, Tom Cruise movies and many more. How would I answer to my Creator if asked why I supported such things? How will you?
Problem is when ESG is unofficialy mandatory, then there is no choice. Boycott only works when there is choice.

This is my go to verse on dealing with the world in general. If you feel like you should boycott, go for it, but I don't think we can bind that inclination on each other.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (NASB1995)

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

We have greatly minimized Wal-Mart and Amazon. Wal-Mart probably gets 3-4 purchases a year and Amazon only gets book purchases.

I was buying from Book Depository to avoid Amazon. Only to find out this week that Book Depository has been owned by Amazon all along, and is now being closed by them. It's very, very hard to boycott the large octopus organisations with tentacles everywhere.

It's very, very hard to boycott the large octopus organisations with tentacles everywhere
Yeah, I’m pretty good at avoiding houses of ill repute, but I haven’t kept up on the rest of the establishments that I should be boycotting.

Yes I understand it is a problem. I don't know what the answer is, buy local or as local as possible. Good luck on shoes and clothes. even Carhart has a CEO that has made statements that don't parallel my beliefs. As much as I can I will use my dollars for as much influence it has (which is very little in the grand scheme of things) but it's all I've got. If a, large enough group boycotts things, change may come but as a moral stance my line has been drawn on this topic.

This is more than just about the morals of those we do business with. This is coordinated action on the part of a long term campaign to spiritually destroy the nation.

More than random boycotts, we need to be working towards complete decoupling from the corporate economy. Support individuals and local small businesses at every chance. Help build alternative infrastructure. Support Christians.

This is more than just about the morals of those we do business with. This is coordinated action on the part of a long term campaign to spiritually destroy the nation.

More than random boycotts, we need to be working towards complete decoupling from the corporate economy. Support individuals and local small businesses at every chance. Help build alternative infrastructure. Support Christians.
Plus insist on real free market.

Businesses should be responsible to it's customers and owners, not activists.

Last edited:
Plus insist of real free market.

Businesses should be responsible to it's customers and owners, not activists.
That’s the problem, woke corporations believe that activists represent the majority, or should represent the majority.
Go woke, go broke is happening in some cases.

More than random boycotts, we need to be working towards complete decoupling from the corporate economy.
Boycotts don't work when corporations no longer even CARE about "profits" - at least not those from people who buy their products. (See 'Disney') Their PC bread is buttered elsewhere in a fascist (Public-Private Partnership) state.

So, the Scriptural answer remains, "Come out of her, My people..." (Rev. 18:4)

I suggest that starts with honest money (silver coin) and moving in the direction of community that understands. Not easy, but it's becoming the only remaining answer as the fiat economy is gutted.

That’s the problem, woke corporations believe that activists represent the majority, or should represent the majority.
Go woke, go broke is happening in some cases.
It is not woke activists. They don't have numbers. It is more likely Corporate Equality Index which requires advancement every year. Check links from my previous posts.

Back