• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Divorce

Mikki G.

Female
Hey all, so I dont want to go into deep details of my marriage but my husband had decided to divorce me. He feels that we have grown apart and no longer wants to be with me. So I'm fighting some major feelings of inadequacy. And I need some prayer.

“We pray to You, Father G-d, for this most difficult time for Mikki ,We entreat Your help in this terrible moment. She feels hurt and angry and confused. Hurtful things have been said to her and she has felt inadequate. She is your daughter and needs your strength, love and guidance. Give her the peace to let her anger pass away. If it is your will soften her husband's heart and if it's not let your continual presence comfort her. Help her to see through all this confusion and listen to your Rauch Hakodesh and come to peace with her husband whom has quarrelled with her. Let that which can be healed, be healed and give them both the strength to deal with eachother in a manner that is pleasing to you. You know her, father, for there is not a pain in her heart that You do not know and that can not be healed through your Son Yeshua. In HIS loving merciful name we pray.

“We pray to You, Father G-d, for this most difficult time for Mikki ,We entreat Your help in this terrible moment. She feels hurt and angry and confused. Hurtful things have been said to her and she has felt inadequate. She is your daughter and needs your strength, love and guidance. Give her the peace to let her anger pass away. If it is your will soften her husband's heart and if it's not let your continual presence comfort her. Help her to see through all this confusion and listen to your Rauch Hakodesh and come to peace with her husband whom has quarrelled with her. Let that which can be healed, be healed and give them both the strength to deal with eachother in a manner that is pleasing to you. You know her, father, for there is not a pain in her heart that You do not know and that can not be healed through your Son Yeshua. In HIS loving merciful name we pray.
Thank u so much

You're welcome. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Hi Mikki,

Is the man someone who respects God? If so, call him out on His Word. People get their heads full of all sorts of worldly ideas about falling out of love and growing apart, but what is his Scriptural justification? If none, then he needs to reconcile himself to that, choose to love you, and do what is right. Love is not an emotion, but emotions can follow a decision to love.

As to feeling inadequate... we all are. That is why Messiah died for us. Every last one of us is imperfect, undeserving, etc. Hate to say it, but you are not exceptional in this regard. It is only the blind which would see you so.

I am sorry for the pain you are going through. I hope there can be a mending. If not, I will pray the Father will make a way for you as you move forward.

Hi Mikki,

Is the man someone who respects God? If so, call him out on His Word. People get their heads full of all sorts of worldly ideas about falling out of love and growing apart, but what is his Scriptural justification? If none, then he needs to reconcile himself to that, choose to love you, and do what is right. Love is not an emotion, but emotions can follow a decision to love.

As to feeling inadequate... we all are. That is why Messiah died for us. Every last one of us is imperfect, undeserving, etc. Hate to say it, but you are not exceptional in this regard. It is only the blind which would see you so.

I am sorry for the pain you are going through. I hope there can be a mending. If not, I will pray the Father will make a way for you as you move forward.
First, ditto!! Second, Spot on!! Thirdly, we will be praying for you Mikki G. and your husband. My dear, stay in the Word. God will honor and bless all that stay with the Word. Either your present husband will come to his senses or God has One waiting. We do not know what tomorrow holds, but we are fully persuaded who holds tomorrow. Don’t you give up, God’s already turning this trial into a blessing for you. Shalom.

Don't give up on your husband or your marriage! You might think that your relationship is dead, but never underestimate the power of God who can raise the dead and he will use that power in your life. Don't worry about your husband. Do your best to keep your commitment and keep your promise no matter what!

Thanks everybody. Its been a week since I found out. It still hurts and it is still hard but God will get me through this. I habe realized that in the past 4 years the happiest I have been is when I was in school and I'm really wanting to go back
If he does divorce, school will help you to focus on a vision for the future. It helped me when my first wife told me to leave. I chose Liberty University because of their flexibility and online program. In fact, I’m hopefully going back this summer to finish my PhD in Business. And to repeat others, please go to the women’s forum n chat. More than ever you need, great faithful Sisters. This IS the place. Bless you Sis. :(

Don't give up on your husband or your marriage! You might think that your relationship is dead, but never underestimate the power of God who can raise the dead and he will use that power in your life. Don't worry about your husband. Do your best to keep your commitment and keep your promise no matter what!
AmenS!!!

I have to disagree with this advice. 1 Peter 3:1 is excellent advice even if your husband is a Christian. Win him over by your behavior not your words.
More AmenS!! I must agree fully cynstrom, but if he’s insistent, then you are free (1Corinthians 7:13-16). Similar to what Abraham Lincoln said, “I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.” You can win your husband by your character and faithfulness.

Last edited:
Back