• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Embracing Possibilities

Rose

Real Person
Female
Embracing Changes When They're Possibilities

I've come to realize that I have, at times, procrastinated embracing possible changes in my life. Consequently, I haven't been as prepared as I could've been. God blessed nonetheless, but I don't want this tendency to continue.

In Proverbs 3:5-6 are well-known, inspiring words. "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Ignoring potential upcoming changes is not trusting God completely with it. It is leaning onto my own understanding. It's not clinging to God that He will lead, guide, and direct me. In Proverbs 29:25, it says, "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe." The word snare means trap. It can have both literal and figurative meanings. Living in fear is not freeing at all. Freedom is found by trusting in Jesus Christ.

Can you relate? Changes can be undoubtedly uncomfortable, but God always richly rewards those who place their complete trust in Him. Thankfully we can learn from our shortcomings, and avoid continuing such trends of lacking faith, and being cowardly.

Furthermore, praying is absolutely essential. We can and should shoot up prayers off and on, throughout our day. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says simply, "Pray without ceasing." Life has lots of changes within it. Acknowledge potential change. Take it immediately to God in prayer…this way there's no need to worry, which gets you nowhere. God can gift His children with the contentment over such changes. Just think of what a beautiful example such a testimony is to others.

Do you sense that there are possible changes coming into your life? Lean on God who is your source of strength, and wisdom.
share_image.jpg

I relate to that. I recently had a job promotion opportunity come up, and I was reluctant to apply for it because I thought it wouldn't be a good deal. But I thought about it and ended up coming to the conclusion that I was just afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle the job if I was selected, so I filled out the application for the position. I won't care much if I don't get promoted, but if I do, I will trust God to guide me. Just the exercise of taking a step towards the possibility of change was liberating.

This is why I make my wives informed when I am considering a woman to add, even though the decision may be a long long way off. Most often, the decision has been "no", but as you said, I want them embracing the change when it's still only a possibility. In addition to giving them time to prepare their minds for a possible "yes", it gives them opportunity to get to know the girl at a similar pace, gives them opportunity to help me in the endeavor, and even the "no's" give us all mental exercise to keep away the old familiar notion that they own me or that I should hide anything from them.

This is why I make my wives informed when I am considering a woman to add, even though the decision may be a long long way off. Most often, the decision has been "no", but as you said, I want them embracing the change when it's still only a possibility. In addition to giving them time to prepare their minds for a possible "yes", it gives them opportunity to get to know the girl at a similar pace, gives them opportunity to help me in the endeavor, and even the "no's" give us all mental exercise to keep away the old familiar notion that they own me or that I should hide anything from them.
I'll take this as advice for myself. Planting the idea for the future. I still need a few more years (perhaps decades) of preparation and self-development, but I believe I will have a good chance of adding one or two more wives without major problems with the first. This is a change that I’m excited about the possibility of. :D

I've come to realize that I have, at times, procrastinated embracing possible changes in my life.
Change is good, and yes sometimes it hurts, but YaHWeH is in control.

I'll take this as advice for myself. Planting the idea for the future. I still need a few more years (perhaps decades) of preparation and self-development, but I believe I will have a good chance of adding one or two more wives without major problems with the first. This is a change that I’m excited about the possibility of. :D
Take it slow and easy, and like @NVIII said "I make my wives informed when I am considering a woman to add," I only have one wife but I Keep @Proverbs3.5 in the loop, I even let her know the conversation of a potential not because she demands it, BUT because I have ALWAYS communicated with her on about 90 to 95% of everything, obviously there are some things that are none of her business.

So I will end with this, slow, easy and communicate.

Timely advice. Without getting into too much detail, I am now at a point where I am considering a certain second woman. It's a real possibility. More details will be forthcoming in time, but this is one I do not want to mess up.
I pray for you about this.

Back