• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

head covering

Just a few thoughts...
It's more of a modesty issue among the Orthodox. Many Orthodox women wear wigs instead of cloth coverings. Do be honest, although I've heard the explanation, that will never make sense to me personally.
It has never made sense to me why Orthodox Jewish women wear wigs, especially if they spend a lot of money on one. After the initial cost, there is the cost to have it cleaned and styled. Add on the fact that many get a wig, that often resembles their own hair. This can cost thousands of dollars that could be more useful to help pay for living expenses and other needs. There are some sects of Judaism that frown on wigs.

sorry! it didn't let the file attach. the website you can get it at is http://www.homeschoolhowtos.com
Thank you for this great resource. I saw quite a fee things I'd like to read in the femininity category. I also purchased the headcovering 'free download'. Plan to start reading asap. I've struggled with head coverings for awhile. I cover when I pray, but publically for modesty has been harder for me. Especially around relatives.

Thank you for the link I will be checking it out tomorrow during tech time. For me covering is cultural and normal for many years it was partial covers because that is all that is culturally required (lol) I do fully cover now for the last approx 4 years and it feels so much different than the partial I feel so much more comfortable and at peace when fully covered. Most people don't see me without a cover on so the other day when our friends were over it took them hours to realize I didn't have my head scarf on.

I do fully cover now for the last approx 4 years and it feels so much different than the partial I feel so much more comfortable and at peace when fully covered.

Can you explain the difference between partial and full covering? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. I'm still newish to covering and trying to learn from y'all. :)

Can you explain the difference between partial and full covering? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread. I'm still newish to covering and trying to learn from y'all. :)
Sure thing a partial is like a bandana or wide headband it only partially covers the head/hair. Full covering would be like in @windblown profile picture all of the head/hair is covered.

Back