• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi! New to the forum.

CatieF

Real Person
Female
Hi everyone, I’m Catie. Wife to NickF and momma to 3 wonderful boys, whom we homeschool. I was homeschooled and grew up out in the country of North Louisiana spending my days either outside running the woods with my brother and sister, inside reading, sewing, or embroidering, or helping my parents plant the garden and preserve it’s produce. My momma gave me the job of managing the kitchen at 14 (after years of teaching me how to cook, create budget friendly menus, etc. So, it was pretty easy to snag Nick the first time he ate a meal I had cooked 😉) and I still love to be creative in the kitchen. My all consuming desire growing up was to be a wife and momma (followed closely by learning to play the piano...I’m still working on that dream). Thankfully I didn’t have to wait long! Nick and I got married when I was 17 and we had our first son just before I turned 19. So, I had a lot of character growth in those years lol Being a wife and momma are the most fulfilling jobs I can imagine and I wouldn’t wish for anything else!

I’m a very private person and don’t really share much about myself until I know people well so, this is out of my comfort zone... for more than one reason lol Nick advised me to join the forum because he thought I could learn a lot from the women here and get to know them a bit before possibly coming to the August meetup. I’m looking forward to being able to connect with the wives and moms here and learn from you all.

Welcome Catie! :)
Thanks for the wonderful introduction that makes me wish we were close enough to make the August retreat.

You sound like someone with as much to offer in fellowship as gain!

I didn't grow up gardening or canning, but our children are being raised with more of those practical skills.

I am so glad you ventured out of your comfort zone. Most people who meet me now would never guess I was introverted and even extremely antisocial until I was past 18. I somehow switched from seeing people as not exactly enemies...but maybe antagonists to avoid before meeting, to potential friends. But it did take time.

This is a great place to meet people who will still be friends if your family lives a less common life. It takes strength to be different in any way. I hope you find encouragement here and people that bless you in your walk.

Talk about a woman worth far more than rubies! Thanks for following my lead babe, even when it's uncomfortable. Beautiful introduction :)

Welcome!
We’ve enjoyed getting to know your husband, it’s nice to meet you also.

Shalom, @CatieF , welcome to the forum. I've enjoyed getting to know @NickF and look forward to growing in fellowship with him and his clan!

Welcome! :)

Welcome

Welcome!

Welcome! I also have 3 young boys, live out and the country and homeschool! So cool to meet another boy mom ❤️ I'd love to chat with you sometime as I am a "private" person too. I put quotations because I try to be an open book but I try to minimize what I post to the public haha

Back