• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hold on to your butts, last guy you expected is dropping a bible verse

paterfamilias

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male

1 Timothy 4:3​

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
KJV version
Bibleref.com offers this explanation

What does 1 Timothy 4:3 mean?​

Paul mentions two specific points in which the false teachers of his day were mistaken. These are both consistent with the heresy of Gnosticism. Gnostics believe that all physical matter is evil; therefore, the human body, all forms of sexuality, and pleasant food were labelled as evil. As a result, the Gnostics rejected marriage and taught people not to eat certain foods.

Ok, interesting and a positive affirmation of marriage and not being a weird hippy about what you eat but so what? How is this relevant to this area of the forum?

Well, I am just sharing the fact that I enjoyed seeing an affirmation of my strong belief in marriage as well as pushback against those who rail against the eating of meat. Especially those who are using out of date or pure gaslight fake science reasons to justify a prejudice against eating a meat heavy diet.

It is on my mind because I started eating a moderately strict carnivore diet a few weeks ago and have been enjoying significant benefits over and above simple weight loss.

Having lead an active life and perhaps had poor judgment in the past, I have have had dozens of broken bones and significant joint injuries and concussions. So as a result my pain levels while not always concerning, were nevertheless always present and noticeable. Now however it is essentially gone. Also my mood is better and I find my focus better for work/tasks/chores/projects etc. Plus I feel stronger than I have in years, more able to chase my bundle of energy young son about while feeling so much better about the idea of additional crumb crunchers in the future.
I am seeing such positive effects that I felt like sharing with the group.

Now...to find a woman who likes the idea of cooking with a mildly loony husband and and army of rugrats. Likely a bit tougher challenge than knocking out top tier steaks and brisket but I am feeling far more up to the challenge every day.

A random bit of knowledge I picked up on the internet is this:

WARNING SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF ORTHOREXIA

• Compulsive checking of ingredient lists and nutritional labels
  • An increase in concern about the health of ingredients
  • Cutting out an increasing number of food groups (all sugar, all carbs, all dairy, all meat, all animal products)
  • An inability to eat anything but a narrow group of foods that are deemed ‘healthy’ or ‘pure’
  • Unusual interest in the health of what others are eating
  • Spending hours per day thinking about what food might be served at upcoming events
  • Showing high levels of distress when ‘safe’ or ‘healthy’ foods aren’t available
  • Obsessive following of food and ‘healthy lifestyle’ blogs on Twitter and Instagram
  • Body image concerns may or may not be present

Don't I have best reputation for not using Bible in my argumentation? Did somebody beat me? 🤣🤣

Congratulation on better health. Nice to hear good news.

James Lindsay was able to trace social justice warriors beliefs to their gnostics roots.

As almost always, the problem with both "forbidding to eat" and "eating without discrimination," is a lack of discernment.

There are such things as fruits and vegetables grown so as to be void of nutritional value. Likewise, "meats" - whether we even agree on what that means.

But, with the exception of Science For Hire, it's pretty obvious to those with eyes to see that glyophosphate, aspartame, and others toxins can and will destroy your health and immune system. (Same goes for some things mis-labeled "vaccines," too, but that's only a RELATED issue... ;) )

Nice point, though, paterfamilias, and appreciated.

Likewise, "meats" - whether we even agree on what that means.

As I referenced previously, I am not the one to go to for citing verses , so you will likely have to do some digging for the specific quotes. In the end I am fairly certain it is going to boil down to steak, Texas style brisket, bacon and an occasional duck in hunting season.
Do let me know that chapter and verse though cause I want it on the back of the shirt that will have 1 Tim 4:3 on the front.

Last edited:
Carnivore cooking is so simple and easy though! Burger patties for everyone!
Generally pretty easy but also a bit time consuming here and there. I have a brisket on for a 24 hour smoke at the moment and once it is out I will be throwing in a pork belly. We do make and go through a fair number of burger patties though.

Back