• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How Valuable is a Wife?

sweetlissa said:
My hubby says that his wife is worth more than 20 Camels. He says I am worth a whole carton.

LOL Reminds me of an old cartoon from the "I'd walk a mile for a Camel" advertisement days. In it, a she-camel bats her long lashes at a he-camel, and murmurs, "I don't care if you DID walk a mile. The answer is still NO!"

So, actions speaking louder than words, the true question must be, "But would he walk 200 miles for you?" :lol:

To that question I can answer a definite yes. And I would do the same for him.

SweetLissa

How valuable is a wife? Where we might be very slow to assign a price tag, a village in Africa has priced her at 8 cows. The current auction price for a cow is $1500 each. Do the math- In dollars she is $12000 but in earning potential from the hubs it's a bit different. If dude makes $12 per hour then she is worth half his earnings for the YEAR, payable up front. Imagine now if every guy had to ante up half his yearly income when he wanted his beloved to be in his life. It's a bit more than the cheezy "promise-rings" that the young men want to pawn off on them. Here's the point: Men, let's get our act together financially BEFORE we go after wifey (or #2). Here's an idea- we know that no one here in western life will pay father in law for her hand so where's the money to go? How about to the prospective wife as her introductory savings account so that if we bail on her "cuz she's got issues..." then she can start life over again? Don't be cheap- pay up.
Maddog2
I just saw one of my early posts and would like new input. Hey Guys! What is the financial worth of a wife in a purchase and sale transaction? I know fertile farmland is spendy and land with an orchard is much more.

That's accounting for inflation since @FollowingHim2's last valuation.
Inflation is serious stuff! My sisterwife was quoted 3 thousand for a midwife when she had her son who is almost 8. Our son will be paying 6 thousand for the midwife delivering their second in February.

Yet 28 years ago even in California it was 1500....and doubled to 3 thousand in two years.

Inflation is serious stuff! My sisterwife was quoted 3 thousand for a midwife...
And that's just part of what Bidenflation brings.

I can't comment on the price of 'sex workers', or what a live-in example would cost during the advent of hyperinflation. But, ponder this:

Whatever it amounts to, it's now enough to buy a vice-presidency.

Back