• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

If we had polygamy a few men would take all the women...

It doesn’t really matter what most of the girls are doing, you don’t need most of the girls.
You only need an extremely minor percentage of them.

May YHWH bring the proper one/ones to you.

It doesn’t really matter what most of the girls are doing, you don’t need most of the girls.
You only need an extremely minor percentage of them.

May YHWH bring the proper one/ones to you

True story that!
My hubby is certainly not going to rush into anything, but with the right qualities or sittuation he is very willing to marry again.

I want a shirt that says "Im not taken... because IM NOT AN OBJECT THAT CAN BE OWNED" ;) Trigger all the SJWs once they realize I mean Ill marry more wives lol
This is why I don’t wear a wedding ring.
I am not off the market, but my wives are. :rolleyes:

My hubby is certainly not going to rush into anything, but with the right qualities or situation he is very willing to marry again.

I've taken the same approach and agree with @steve. The problem is, extremely minor percentages are by nature rare and hard to find. Nor are they sufficient to build a society on.

if you were in a position where some woman desired you as a husband (and/or you desired to be her husband) but she gave up and went after someone who was patently bad for her (abusive, a non-believer, etc...), how would you seek to help her and pursue her (assuming you wanted to pursue her)?

So to answer your question in the specific situation...

I was pursuing her? Then she didn't "give up" but rather rejected me. I wouldn't continue to pursue her; nor would it be wise to do so. Even if she changed her mind, dumped him, and came back to me I would likely not take her in. Not out of spite, but because that usually bodes ill for the relationship. (Though I may misunderstand the situation as 'give up' is a rather odd characterization in the context.)

And someone who does chase after her when she dumps them for another is acting in a manner that is unattractive. So is the impulse to 'help' someone who doesn't want it, who is not yours. Why do you want to help her? How is that even your place after she rejected you?

Just get over her and move on.

Now as the the question of the solution to the greater societal issue this is emblematic of; let me think on that.

I want a shirt that says "Im not taken... because IM NOT AN OBJECT THAT CAN BE OWNED" ;) Trigger all the SJWs once they realize I mean Ill marry more wives lol

This is begging to be made into a meme. And a t-shirt. Me think's a t-shirt store would be a good outreach idea. This is brilliant in it's brazen statement yet plausible deniability.

if you were in a position where some woman desired you as a husband (and/or you desired to be her husband) but she gave up and went after someone who was patently bad for her (abusive, a non-believer, etc..
Actually happened in the last couple of months. A
A woman that I refused to chase because of her bad attitude took up with and married another. Sadly, she is presently getting that attitude beat out of her. Literally. (“She’s my wife and I can do what I want”)
He is doing his best to make it impossible for her to run away.
What can I do? Not a dadgum thing at this point.

All information is coming from a trusted third party.

I've taken the same approach and agree with @steve. The problem is, extremely minor percentages are by nature rare and hard to find. Nor are they sufficient to build a society on.

So to answer your question in the specific situation...

I was pursuing her? Then she didn't "give up" but rather rejected me. I wouldn't continue to pursue her; nor would it be wise to do so. Even if she changed her mind, dumped him, and came back to me I would likely not take her in. Not out of spite, but because that usually bodes ill for the relationship. (Though I may misunderstand the situation as 'give up' is a rather odd characterization in the context.)

And someone who does chase after her when she dumps them for another is acting in a manner that is unattractive. So is the impulse to 'help' someone who doesn't want it, who is not yours. Why do you want to help her? How is that even your place after she rejected you?

Just get over her and move on.

Now as the the question of the solution to the greater societal issue this is emblematic of; let me think on that.

This is begging to be made into a meme. And a t-shirt. Me think's a t-shirt store would be a good outreach idea. This is brilliant in it's brazen statement yet plausible deniability.
Sometimes I feel like you are be contrarian just for the sake of arguing and saying I'm wrong lol.
I don't know that you are hearing what I am trying to say/get at. Sorry if I am saying it poorly :)

I (we?) are talking about a case where there was the potential for a relationship, and you (the man) felt called to take her in and be her husband and covering, but she (potential) 'rejects' you not because of you/wanting someone else instead, but because of societal pressure/lack of knowledge (something outside your control but not a fault of her character), and then ends up in a poor situation for it.

Just curious, did she choose to go into a momogamous relationship instead of a plural relationship? (Reminds me of better to be the third wife of a good man than the first wife of a bad man)
Actually happened in the last couple of months. A
A woman that I refused to chase because of her bad attitude took up with and married another. Sadly, she is presently getting that attitude beat out of her. Literally. (“She’s my wife and I can do what I want”)
He is doing his best to make it impossible for her to run away.
What can I do? Not a dadgum thing at this point.

All information is coming from a trusted third party.[/QUOT

Sometimes I feel like you are be contrarian just for the sake of arguing and saying I'm wrong lol.
I don't know that you are hearing what I am trying to say/get at. Sorry if I am saying it poorly :)

I (we?) are talking about a case where there was the potential for a relationship, and you (the man) felt called to take her in and be her husband and covering, but she (potential) 'rejects' you not because of you/wanting someone else instead, but because of societal pressure/lack of knowledge (something outside your control but not a fault of her character), and then ends up in a poor situation for it.

It's nothing personal. And I may just be a contrarian :). And I may have misunderstood you as I wondered; still don't see where the characterization 'gave up' fits any of this. You felt called to take her, I got that. She rejects you because of social pressure, ok. Bad result, no surprise. Ya, I kind of took it that she had both of you in mind at the same time and choose him over you. So I misread the situation. But there is a good chance I still wouldn't take her back and certainly wouldn't pursue her for a number of reasons.

Here is the thing to keep in mind: women are willing to go against social pressure if the man is attractive enough; hence their willingness to chase the bad boy despite the opinion of mom, dad, friends and even their own prior selves (hence the cliche, "why do I keep falling for bad boys?"). I realize this seems contradictory as I previously explained her perplexing behavior with social pressure, but attraction is often a stronger force (hence Romeo and Juliet). But don't take that to think I'm insinuating that the person in this situation is necessarily unattractive or even that a solution is 'be more attractive'; because if social pressure is a hangup for her, problems are sure to follow when the honeymoon phase wanes.

It's nothing personal. And I may just be a contrarian :). And I may have misunderstood you as I wondered; still don't see where the characterization 'gave up' fits any of this. You felt called to take her, I got that. She rejects you because of social pressure, ok. Bad result, no surprise. Ya, I kind of took it that she had both of you in mind at the same time and choose him over you. So I misread the situation. But there is a good chance I still wouldn't take her back and certainly wouldn't pursue her for a number of reasons.

Here is the thing to keep in mind: women are willing to go against social pressure if the man is attractive enough; hence their willingness to chase the bad boy despite the opinion of mom, dad, friends and even their own prior selves (hence the cliche, "why do I keep falling for bad boys?"). I realize this seems contradictory as I previously explained her perplexing behavior with social pressure, but attraction is often a stronger force (hence Romeo and Juliet). But don't take that to think I'm insinuating that the person in this situation is necessarily unattractive or even that a solution is 'be more attractive'; because if social pressure is a hangup for her, problems are sure to follow when the honeymoon phase wanes.

:) Gotcha.

Yes good point.

My second deals with this a good deal, but her trust in me and desire to be with me, as well as her belief that God has called her to be my wife, overrides her worries about society and her family and such.

I agree though: I wouldn't want someone who WASNT like that. Someone who I had to sort of fight to 'convince' to be with me isn't worth fighting for.

My second deals with this a good deal, but her trust in me and desire to be with me, as well as her belief that God has called her to be my wife, overrides her worries about society and her family and such.

I would be worried about a woman who claimed she didn't feel the social pressures from society revolving around this issue. It's a question of degrees and how she handles it.

@rockfox who needs a t-shirt store? Just use zazzle.com and start a thread with links! :)

If we had polygamy a few men would take all the women...

There is another important way in which this is a myth. It is in that they think the availability of women would change at all. It is entirely possible if wouldn't. I've heard tell that in some societies with polygamy it was basically relegated to the top 20% in wealth/attractiveness and limited to a minority of total marriages. No shocker there if you think about it.

But what about the situation now? Does every man have one women and none zero or more than one? No.

Look around you, what do you see? Low status men go without women as none will have them. Low status women go without men as they're not even willing to settle for low status men. And high status men often have several. Nothing is stopping them from accumulating many many women. Yet look around, most people are still able to find sexual partners and get married if they want to.

What really happens when you enforce monogamy is that the top men, instead of building stable intact families containing multiple wives, instead have one wife with much fewer children and several side pieces with whom they have none. These same very attractive women who will be tossed aside later and all to frequently will never have children.

The alpha males will always have multiple women. And women will always chase the alpha males if they can. All you change with monogamy is eliminating a bunch of high functioning, high genetic merit marriages in favor of bastard children, broken lives, and unhappy marriages. You eliminate the moral sinless option for them and only leave them disgenic sinful ones. You have much fewer total marriages and children and way more singleness.

But ya, tell me again how 5 guys are going to monopolize 80% of the women in marriage and we'll all be left with none.

Back