• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is Plural Marriage based on Old Covenant Laws, meant only to be understood spiritually?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cap
  • Start date Start date
While this may be true, does it matter if one understands better than the other? The key is, are both obedient to the husband and displaying fruit of the Spirit toward the sister wife?

Put another way, love is both physical and spiritual. It cannot be only one but not the other. Therefore, each bride should be doing something in addition to feeling the spiritual aspect. If they are wise, they will seek to do what the husband wants, what makes him feel loved.

Sorry for the confusion but I was not at all trying to imply that one was greater or better than the other, on the contrary as @rejoicinghandmaid put forth, the idea of team effort to please the leader should be the common goal of everyone.

One wife may have traits that are different than the other and each bring value to the family to help it succeeded in the long term. The key for the wives is recognizing the differences and help foster individual growth along the lines of what's best for the family.

Roman 12:3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has always been my understanding from the gurus who do live in plural families that they don't operate from the idea of equality but more from the idea of fairness.
If I might comment here, please, although somewhat off topic; it's been established with my wives that I have two wives. They aren't first and second but equally wives. I treat them as equals but I don't treat them the same as they are two very different women. They are both loved and respected with their differences but both are to work for the benefit of our relationships. We all profit as we work for the whole. Thank you and blessings.

Back