• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Left-wing women are learning to love Right-wing men

Did you even read my reply @MemeFan?
Why are you stuck on this idea you've come up with of one girl per nation neighbouring Israel, which has no relation to the actual text?
Did you even read my reply?

My calculation is only based for number needed for not getting invaded. And nothing else. And here only matters number of neighbors.

And yes I get Solomon could marry more girls for trade etc..., I just don't accept this as valid reason. By law he has to prefer domestic girls and he can use excuse "reason of state". When did Lord looked favourable to marriage to unbelievers?

And yes I get Solomon could marry more girls for trade etc..., I just don't accept this as valid reason. By law he has to prefer domestic girls and he can use excuse "reason of state". When did Lord looked favourable to marriage to unbelievers?
The whole point was he got into trouble by IGNORING 'the law'! (Torah, actually, and he was wise enough to know the difference. Which he, eventually, seems to have figured out.)

My calculation is only based for number needed for not getting invaded. And nothing else. And here only matters number of neighbors.

So, you believe the only valid thing for a king to do is foreign relations and war (when that fails), and has zero role doing anything else in the economy. You're welcome to that political opinion, but to apply it to a king who lived thousands of years ago and judge him on that modern philosophical standard is ridiculous.

Kings and governments have always been involved in far more than just foreign affairs - roadbuilding, ports, aqueducts and other public works that provide a physical and regulatory environment within which the economy can operate smoothly. And it will be the things that Solomon did in this regard that will have taken the vast majority of his time and which made him and the nation so incredibly wealthy. What you personally think is "valid" is irrelevant. Solomon's not listening to you.

So, you believe the only valid thing for a king to do is foreign relations and war (when that fails), and has zero role doing anything else in the economy. You're welcome to that political opinion, but to apply it to a king who lived thousands of years ago and judge him on that modern philosophical standard is ridiculous.

Kings and governments have always been involved in far more than just foreign affairs - roadbuilding, ports, aqueducts and other public works that provide a physical and regulatory environment within which the economy can operate smoothly. And it will be the things that Solomon did in this regard that will have taken the vast majority of his time and which made him and the nation so incredibly wealthy. What you personally think is "valid" is irrelevant. Solomon's not listening to you.
I believe no human should ever be king.

Where do you see I ridicule Solomon? I never made fun here of worst Israeli king ever.

Not I did I apply "modern philosophical standards" toward him. Role has always come with responsibility to physically protect people and teritorry. Otherwise, why give them army command?

I don't care what dead do. Anyway, if he were alive, its emigration time.

Back