• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Message from Megan

Keith Martin

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
@Megan C contacted me just now from Salt Lake City, where husband Steve has been in the hospital since last week, and requested that I share this information with all of you:

Steve is probably not going to leave the hospital. We had a minute on Friday when we were getting him ready to leave and before we even got him to the car he passed out and we were back in the ER. Then he was readmitted. He's signed a DNR and does not want anything done now besides making him comfortable.

The plan is to move him to a hospice clinic but he has to be stable enough to do that.

The one doctor was very clear to me and said it won't be long now. He has a lot of experience with cancer patients and said that Steve is much stronger than most people but his stomach and colon are shutting down and so are some of his organs like his kidneys and liver.

All that's left is prayer for his comfort.

This has been a tremendously difficult time for her and all of Steve's family. Megan and the rest of them can all benefit from continued prayers and love directed their way, both in Wyoming and Utah.

Our Father, please be near to Brother Steve and his family during this season of difficulty. May you provide comfort and peace as only you can. Guide their family through their troubles. Help them through difficulty. If it be your will, we know you can heal. Help us to be an encouragement as well. In the name of Christ we pray.

@Megan C contacted me just now from Salt Lake City, where husband Steve has been in the hospital since last week, and requested that I share this information with all of you:

Steve is probably not going to leave the hospital. We had a minute on Friday when we were getting him ready to leave and before we even got him to the car he passed out and we were back in the ER. Then he was readmitted. He's signed a DNR and does not want anything done now besides making him comfortable.

The plan is to move him to a hospice clinic but he has to be stable enough to do that.

The one doctor was very clear to me and said it won't be long now. He has a lot of experience with cancer patients and said that Steve is much stronger than most people but his stomach and colon are shutting down and so are some of his organs like his kidneys and liver.

This has been a tremendously difficult time for her and all of Steve's family. Megan and the rest of them can all benefit from continued prayers and love directed their way, both in Wyoming and Utah.
Thank you Keith. Prayers indeed. -Jack

Avinu, Malkeinu, we lift brother Steve and his whole family. Please be with them in this time with comfort and peace. May You be honored and glorified through them. Amein.

Praying

🙏🙏

Any news?
I sent her a message yesterday but have not yet heard back.

I don't think we'll be receiving regular updates. It's grim. If somehow Steve improves and can be transferred to a hospice center, Megan may let us know that.

And I'm sure she will explain everything once Steve has passed.

Steve passed earlier this week. Everyone else is back home and adjusting.

I'll share one thing from her most recent message to me:

"Tons of people are offering to help and everyone has all sorts of advice about what we "should" do next. I'm just not interested right now."

So please keep that in mind. In case it isn't already clear, this is not the time for wife-hunting.

Megan is a tremendously resilient human being. She will navigate her way through her mourning and am certain she will reach out for whatever help she needs, but establishing a new relationship with her probably isn't in order right now. She'll be back and will likely be renewed.

Continue praying on behalf of her and her family.

Steve passed earlier this week. Everyone else is back home and adjusting.

I'll share one thing from her most recent message to me:

"Tons of people are offering to help and everyone has all sorts of advice about what we "should" do next. I'm just not interested right now."

So please keep that in mind. In case it isn't already clear, this is not the time for wife-hunting.

Megan is a tremendously resilient human being. She will navigate her way through her mourning and am certain she will reach out for whatever help she needs, but establishing a new relationship with her probably isn't in order right now. She'll be back and will likely be renewed.

Continue praying on behalf of her and her family.
I have been and will continue praying for them. Thanks for letting us know, as it helps inform our prayers.

Back