• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mia and NIV 2010 changed on Monogamy Only Position

John_for_Christ said:
Hi Mark,

Hmmm... I've always been under the impression, based upon Scripture of course, that we are grafted into the Root, not Israel. The Root is Christ, as I understand it (Isaiah 53:2, Romans 11:17-18, 15:12, Revelation 5:5, 22:16), not Israel. Likewise we are adopted by the Father and Jesus the Christ (Romans 8:15, 8:23, Galatians 4:5-6, Ephesians 1:5), not by Israel.

The grafting on as I understand it was referring to the promises made to the descendants of Japheth which would be brought in through the tents of Shem.. The redeemer was needed because all parties involved in the 1st covenant/testament fell short and broke the covenant. Christ came to bring forgiveness for braking that covenant. The promises were made to Abraham and the covenant was set up with the children of Jacob/Israel. Anyone that receives those promises are receiving the promises made to Abraham and brought into fruition through the children of Jacob/Israel. Obviously we know the children of Israels part of the covenant was to be Gods people, thus the name change to Israel. Anyone that is to be grafted on is grafted in through that covenant which brought about the coming of Christ because of all the promises made to Abraham.

John_for_Christ said:
Do you ever remember discussing "He changes not" on this group? I can't remember if it was here or not that I answered that issue.

Anyway, I'll just summarize. God DOES change. He speaks, acts, and causes. When He sent His Son, that was a dramatic change. When He gave the Law through Moses, that was a dramatic change.

John for Christ

God brought His plan into action at the appointed times he seen fit but that is not a change. A change would be that he deviated from an original plan. In every instance God knew what was going to happen , just like He knew Israel would fall away from the covenant and He said this in scripture.. Thus He foretold of the coming Christ because He knew Israel was going to fall away and the Christ would be needed. There is no way you can see the end of something if you can't see what is going to happen in the middle. Prophesy comes from the ability of knowing what is going to happen.. God has no need of changing His plan or changing His laws because nothing is going to happen that He didn't already know was going to happen.. To suggest otherwise is suggesting God is not in control and He doesn't already know all things.. This is not a learning proses for Him where he improves on mistakes He has made in the past and needs to make changes to avoid those same mistakes in the future..

Back