• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Modern "dating" and relationship "résumés"

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I was just talking with hubby and our teens this morning. about hiring workers, and the conversation turned to how the past relationship experience that many modern women have had, is in some ways like a workers résumé.

With sons that are unmarried aged 19 and 21 and two 26 year old single guys on the crew (great guys and good workers) there are often conversations about girls seen on jobs, at the store etc. Hubby just met a gal yesterday who seemed like a real pleasant "go getter." He gave her a business card and suggested she call his brother if she needs a job any time soon. Hubby isn't "looking to hire" a woman in her early 20's, but his brother does have a real world job she could do, and he also thought one of the younger men he works with might be interested in "hiring" someone like her.

With how crazy busy life is we could use a good old fashioned maid servant around this place, which as I understand it was a bit like a paid interview...or trial period, and if you "worked out" you might get offered a permanent "position." lol :p

I'm glad in light of @Mojo 's recent thread (coming to a church near you?) That I don't have any "position" to lose for "objectifying" women!!:eek::rolleyes:;)

...... but seriously, let's hear some discussion and wisdom from the men and patriarchs here on how they would view a woman's résumé and past "work experience" so that young men reading might have an idea of how "hireable" women they may meet really are.

I'm sure for patriarchs, other "employees" (first or other wives and children even) might have different views and concerns, (feel free to chime in here) they might even have different ammounts of "interest in the company"......and be impacted more by who gets "hired"......but ideally "the boss" should have an uncontested (they trust him) final say, with no one "quitting" over his decision.

Any women seeking "employment" are free to comment and share their view too! Let's hear about what kind of "company" you would want to work for, and what kind of "benefits" (g rated and appropriate of course) appeal to you...such as location, (city or country based "home office") etc. How would a history of a "boss" "firing employees" be seen by you, and what kind of questions might you ask him about those kinds of decisions and when he might make them. :)

I'd like to write more, but am out of time at the moment. Looking forward to feedback! :)

@andrew I think this kind of hypothetical discussion is appropriate, and ok legally, but feel free to delete this if you have ANY issues with it.
THANKS!!

Last edited:
Au contraire! I. Love. This.

We have to go back to seeing the family as an economic unit. I love this as a metaphor, but I'd love it more as an actual working model.

Fun fact: The word 'economics' comes from two Greek words, oikos and nomos. Oikos is their word for 'household' (cf. Latin familias, which became Anglo family). Nomos is law or rules. So "economics" is the study of "the rules of the household".

If we can get our families to run as economic units again, we will change the world.

Frozen Co. 's Hiring Philosophy, for consideration of Start-up businesses.

Applicants will be dismayed to learn that Frozen Co. is a draconian branch in a firm that requires absolute loyalty from it's partners. Applicants with employment histories that list companies still doing business will be rejected, whether the applicant resigned or was let go. Applicants without relevant work experience may be considered, as may applicants who have previously worked unpaid internships, as well as applicants whose previous company has fully closed down.

Other start-up companies would do well to follow this model. Nothing saps capital like the mandatory severance package that accompanies a departed employee. Maintaining a mission driven concern under these circumstances is not optimal.

Any applicant that wishes to be taken seriously must state their understanding that the job they are applying to encompasses the verbiage "other duties as assigned" in its post orders. Job functions may change abruptly due to mission creep or strategic shifts handed down from Corporate Headquarters.

Frozen Co. does not support an extensive internship culture. All work done by interns will be voluntary and no intern will be asked to perform any job function of an employee, nor will any intern be allowed to perform any of the essential job functions of an employee. Blurring the line between employee and non-employee really screws with payroll and opens up the company to unacceptable liability.

All applications should be handed in directly to Corporate Headquarters. There is a a door that says Human Resources Department at the Frozen Co. branch, but curiously it is being used as a janitor's supply closet. Whether this is an oversight or a joke is unclear.

This is due to the large number of potential employees that are at odds with Corporate's business model and mission. The number of employees these days who want to turn a branch office into a private business has truly poisoned the hiring pool.

Qualifications:

Loyalty is Job #1 : Central to Corporate's business model is complete rejection and hostility to the current economic system that most other business concerns operate under. There is no real way to know from year to year what we will be ordered to do. This can create stress and fatigue and isolation, so it is imperative that all employees understand that the well being of all other employees is a top priority for each employee to address.

Corporate Rats Welcome: Chain of command is strictly enforced at the local branch (Frozen Co.), with the exception that every employee is encouraged to personally communicate and take all issues, large and small, to the President and Founder. It is the experience of this branch that employees who have a strong relationship with Headquarters are the most profitable employees. Any employee that does not prefer the management style or direction the local branch is taking can and should take it up with the President to ask for assistance. If the local branch is ordered to adjust its practices due to employee communication with Headquarters, no adverse action will be taken against the employee. In fact, a bonus will be awarded to the employee for helping our branch remain mission focused.

Corporate Function, Entrepreneur Attitude: While it is true that Frozen Co. will likely employ any applicant with a Presidential recommendation (and good luck getting one!), this local branch considers itself to be an 'operative branch', enacting hostile takeovers of other businesses to come under corporate umbrella. Ideally, all employees are motivated to be personally engaged in some aspect of this. Ultimately, we derive our worth as a branch from our ability to acquire businesses for Corporate, not in accumulating mundane profits or swelling employment ranks.

Young business owners are encouraged to consider the aforementioned attitudes and practices and see if Frozen Co.'s model can be utilized in whole or in part for your venture.

Good luck!

I am putting together a company that has a mission statement of something like “training and educating the next generation to be godly and productive citizens” I think it is important to find team members that agree with the company mission statement and are capable of providing valuable contributions towards the goal.

Unfortunately I have some experience with needing to fire previous employees. The first due to her attempt to overthrow my position as the head of the company and creating a hostile work environment. I felt that she could not be trusted with our “clientele” due to her temper and the way she lashed out. The second was due to her committing “corporate espionage” and then requesting to leave her position to join a different company. In hindsight both of these could have been avoided by looking at the “training and education curriculum” each had grown up under. Especially how their female “trainer and educator” treated their male “trainer and educator” and not hiring them in the first place.

I’m looking for someone who: is willing to submit to God, is willing to submit to me as the head of the company, has intelligence, has competence, has personal responsibility, wants to be a team player, is laid back, is easy going, is empathetic towards others in the company, is willing to love and respect each individual team member, is willing to learn and grow, treats other team members opinions with respect, loyal to the company, and believes in and works towards the company’s mission.

I would avoid hiring those that: do not respect God, do not respect the head of the company, are immodest, are not humble, are not thoughtful, are personally responsible, are sporadic, are self indulgent, seek instant gratification, are looking at what the team can provided them rather than what they can contribute to the team, are not even tempered, are high strung, are high maintenance, and are dishonest.

My current “Operations Officer” does excellent work with handling the day-to-day operation of our company. She is aware that the ultimate responsibility of the success or downfall of the company rests on my shoulders as the “Chief Executive Officer”. She wants us to be successful as a company, and I can trust her to handle her responsibilities. Also as the CEO I keep in mind that the “clientele” can get unruly, obnoxious, and crazy at times, putting a strain on her, and so I share in the responsibilities of the day-to-day operations. Again, because the ultimate responsibility lays on me the CEO and not her the COO.

My current COO’s hiring process went smoothly, because she meets the qualifications listed above and she was already aligned with the company mission. She had not been employed by a previous company, I hired her right out of college. I am looking to repeat a similar hiring process.

Hiring someone who was fired from another company will be handled on a case by case basis. Though I’m not opposed to it, it all comes down to the reason for their termination from the previous position. This can be a risky area because one may unintentionally run aground if legally the person was terminated from their previous position, but spiritually they were not. While any clientele they bring with them would be warmly welcomed into the company it could also cause legal issues with the previous employer.

I am looking for a “Co-COO” that shares in the day-to-day operation of our company. On the job training is provided and expected. If the applicant meets the above qualifications she should fit well into the current company culture.

I haven’t expanded my team beyond one COO yet so I will defer this answer to those that have.

I am putting together a company that has a mission statement of something like “training and educating the next generation to be godly and productive citizens” I think it is important to find team members that agree with the company mission statement and are capable of providing valuable contributions towards the goal.

Unfortunately I have some experience with needing to fire previous employees. The first due to her attempt to overthrow my position as the head of the company and creating a hostile work environment. I felt that she could not be trusted with our “clientele” due to her temper and the way she lashed out. The second was due to her committing “corporate espionage” and then requesting to leave her position to join a different company. In hindsight both of these could have been avoided by looking at the “training and education curriculum” each had grown up under. Especially how their female “trainer and educator” treated their male “trainer and educator” and not hiring them in the first place.

I’m looking for someone who: is willing to submit to God, is willing to submit to me as the head of the company, has intelligence, has competence, has personal responsibility, wants to be a team player, is laid back, is easy going, is empathetic towards others in the company, is willing to love and respect each individual team member, is willing to learn and grow, treats other team members opinions with respect, loyal to the company, and believes in and works towards the company’s mission.

I would avoid hiring those that: do not respect God, do not respect the head of the company, are immodest, are not humble, are not thoughtful, are personally responsible, are sporadic, are self indulgent, seek instant gratification, are looking at what the team can provided them rather than what they can contribute to the team, are not even tempered, are high strung, are high maintenance, and are dishonest.

My current “Operations Officer” does excellent work with handling the day-to-day operation of our company. She is aware that the ultimate responsibility of the success or downfall of the company rests on my shoulders as the “Chief Executive Officer”. She wants us to be successful as a company, and I can trust her to handle her responsibilities. Also as the CEO I keep in mind that the “clientele” can get unruly, obnoxious, and crazy at times, putting a strain on her, and so I share in the responsibilities of the day-to-day operations. Again, because the ultimate responsibility lays on me the CEO and not her the COO.

My current COO’s hiring process went smoothly, because she meets the qualifications listed above and she was already aligned with the company mission. She had not been employed by a previous company, I hired her right out of college. I am looking to repeat a similar hiring process.

Hiring someone who was fired from another company will be handled on a case by case basis. Though I’m not opposed to it, it all comes down to the reason for their termination from the previous position. This can be a risky area because one may unintentionally run aground if legally the person was terminated from their previous position, but spiritually they were not. While any clientele they bring with them would be warmly welcomed into the company it could also cause legal issues with the previous employer.

I am looking for a “Co-COO” that shares in the day-to-day operation of our company. On the job training is provided and expected. If the applicant meets the above qualifications she should fit well into the current company culture.

I haven’t expanded my team beyond one COO yet so I will defer this answer to those that have.
Well said :)

If we can get our families to run as economic units again, we will change the world.

When "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done" replaces "I want" in enough hearts.....but alas, such an ideal is hostile to Babylonian values.

We may see the fulfilment of the 7 women taking hold of one man prophesy after the innevitable collapse of the "self marketing woman" that encourages the self determination of every other woman, and moulds them all to her ideals and values.
For now, the women seeking employment in the modern world, are rarely suited to the world we are working to build.

Au contraire! I. Love. This.

We have to go back to seeing the family as an economic unit. I love this as a metaphor, but I'd love it more as an actual working model.

Fun fact: The word 'economics' comes from two Greek words, oikos and nomos. Oikos is their word for 'household' (cf. Latin familias, which became Anglo family). Nomos is law or rules. So "economics" is the study of "the rules of the household".

Mind blown! :rolleyes:

This is it... this is what we are doing gentlemen!

#Slumberisaboss

My current application consists of:

Please complete the following sentence.
“No man is going to tell me______________”

You can accertain quite a bit by where their focus goes.

Some of the acceptable answers would be:
the correct way to boil eggs.
what color underwear to wear.
how rare my steak must be cooked.

I suppose "what to do other than the CEO" would work pretty well.

Wow, the corporate culture at mystic group has certainly shifted in the last few years. And for the better: As a result of our strategic alliance with compatible entities beginning circa 2012, governance has undergone extensive and continuing development, internal morale is up, and shareholders stand to benefit.

Sorry, but well done is my deal breaker. If she insists on burning that flesh, then she's gotta go :p

20 years ago as a new wife I tried to bake bread....and the dog wouldn't eat the dinner rolls I made!:eek:
Hubby grew up baking bread and tried to teach me o_O....which motivated me to learn without his input!! :cool: I walked down to the library and found "The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book"... a guide to whole grain bread baking, and read and applied and re read the trouble shooting section until I could bake better bread then hubby had EVER had growing up. :D

Now, after 20 years of living with the man, he has my confidence, and I balk at very little....and have learned he is usually right.
I am also certain my "job" is secure. It's a good place to be. :)

Sorry, but well done is my deal breaker. If she insists on burning that flesh, then she's gotta go

Rainy wanted to add this reaction image but didn't know how so I'm doing it for her.

Bq.jpg

Sorry, but well done is my deal breaker. If she insists on burning that flesh, then she's gotta go :p
One can only take so much.... ;)

We're a rare to medium-rare family. I'd consider well done "irreconcilable differences".... :eek:

I grew up committing that most heinous of sins, but I have repented my evil ways.
I could live in the hope that she will see the light. :p

Back