• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My husband is too hot !

I realize this may sound like a first world problem, how could a husband be too hot right? But he is! I can't get anything done. He walks by and I just descend into a quivering pool of teen like hormones. I wake up hours later and I'm still quivering.

The really hard part is that's it not just one thing I could get desensitized to over time, it's like this all encompassing , unbelievable feeling of awe. It's not even a conventional hotness you could dismiss as cliche. He's hot in so many new and original ways that mere English doesn't have enough words, and there are millions of words in English.

If he wasn't so damn smart I could dismiss him as one dimensional but he's brilliant to boot. I thought his terrible singing would be my escape hatch but it just turns out to be an endearing quirk.

What do I do? It's impossible not to bend to his will just from being over awed by him. I hear other women who talk all about domestic discipline and I can't help but wonder what it's like to still have free will. The only way I could disobey @The Revolting Man was if he told me to.

It's really a moot point . I couldn't live a moment without him or with his displeasure so I'll just keep on being overwhelmed by a man who had to be the template for every great hero, thinker and lover in history. Sigh......

Hahaha!! My first thought was that you had been MAJORLY hacked! But obviously this is totally legit. You have my deepest sympathy...:cool::D

I realize this may sound like a first world problem, how could a husband be too hot right? But he is! I can't get anything done. He walks by and I just descend into a quivering pool of teen like hormones. I wake up hours later and I'm still quivering.

This is a real thing. It's so hard to get stuff done when he is so distracting; when you forget what you're doing when you enter a room he's in, when you find yourself walking in circles unable to move past him, or involuntarily following him, when a look can stop you in your tracks or send your innards on a roller coaster, when....

I could go on but I have a solution that'll at least take the edge off:

Get pregnant.

The really hard part is that's it not just one thing I could get desensitized to over time, it's like this all encompassing , unbelievable feeling of awe. It's not even a conventional hotness you could dismiss as cliche. He's hot in so many new and original ways that mere English doesn't have enough words, and there are millions of words in English.

If he wasn't so damn smart I could dismiss him as one dimensional but he's brilliant to boot. I thought his terrible singing would be my escape hatch but it just turns out to be an endearing quirk.

What do I do? It's impossible not to bend to his will just from being over awed by him. I hear other women who talk all about domestic discipline and I can't help but wonder what it's like to still have free will. The only way I could disobey @The Revolting Man was if he told me to.

It's really a moot point . I couldn't live a moment without him or with his displeasure so I'll just keep on being overwhelmed by a man who had to be the template for every great hero, thinker and lover in history. Sigh......

I know. I'm one of those doofusses who loves Hallmark movies, but, no kidding, my heart soared when I read your post, @windblown.

But I have firsthand knowledge of how strong the connection is between the two of you, because I had the privilege of visiting you in your home last spring. Now, before anyone gets any ideas, their behavior was entirely proper in my presence, but the sizzle between them figuratively crackles with every step that they take. At one point, I was thinking, why does it seem like (name withheld) never seems to even look at Zec, and then it dawned on me: she's avoiding looking at him to keep her passion in check. And he does the same thing. Whoever suggested pregnancy doesn't know this couple, because it would be more of an alternative strategy to try not getting pregnant in order to quell the sizzle.

What we're hearing about here is a tremendous BLESSING. This is, as Jolene says, how we know we are being obedient -- and evidence that we are loved by our God.

And I dare anyone -- female or male -- who knows this man who has ridiculously renamed himself The Revolting Man to tell me with a straight face that you can't see why he could have such an effect on a woman!

All I can say in closing is that I can't wait for my next visit, except next time I'm taking the rest of my family with me.

Back