• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request My mom is in the final stages of cancer

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
I just wanted to share a quick prayer request. My mother (age 76) is in the final stages of cancer. We expect her to pass away sometime in the next few weeks.

She has been a very loving and faithful wife of 56 years to my father, mother to my brother, sister, and I, mother in law to our spouses, and grandmother to her five grandchildren.

Though certainly imperfect, she has walked by sincere faith in Jesus all her days. She hopes in Christ, and longs to be with Him.

My brother, sister, and I are rotating to have one of us stay with my parents almost all the time now. I'm at their house right now.

My Dad is almost 80 and has a lot of health problems of his own. We've all been very impressed watching him tenderly care for the wife of his youth in this final stage of their life together.
They are very loving, and appreciate every day they have left.

I was thinking about 1 Timothy 5:9-10.

"...having been the wife of one husband, and having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work." NASB

That's the life she has lived, and in her last days she is surrounded by loving family members, and friends who delight to honor and serve her.

Her hope is in the Son of God who died in her place, rose from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of our Father in Heaven.

That is a beautiful testimony of her life @Bartato, it is wonderful that she can be surrounded by family and receive this love and care back at this time. I pray that you enjoy these final days with her and create memories you will cherish for the rest of your life, and which inspire you to be the sort of person whom one day will be loved and described in similarly glowing terms when your turn comes around.

Bless you, your mom, and, your whole family. I remember the joy and even laughing with my mother in her final stages of cancer while giving her a shower. Good memories. I know how difficult this can be, such an emotional time, I will be praying for you all.

@Bartato

I will pray for your mother and for you and yours. I cannot express enough my heartfelt sympathies for your family in this time.

Love and Hugs,

Megan

@Bartato

I will pray for you and your family. I lost my father two years ago after a long illness. I was at his side when he passed into eternity. I miss him frequently. Praying for strength and comfort in this season.

Thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate the fact that God has blessed me with not only a believing wife, but also believing parents, grandparents on both sides (now deceased), and siblings. Godly family members are a great encouragement.

Thank you for posting your kind words regarding your mother and your wider family. All praise and thanks to Almighty God for His grace and mercy to you all. It's a lovely testimony you have.

My family is just about the total opposite. My mother died of cancer aged 46 and, as far as I know, she was not a believer. My Dad is 90 and continues in unbelief, but he is in good health for his age. Most of my siblings and broader family are not believers in salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

However, I thank God for His grace and blessings for the salvation He has granted me and my wives. Shalom

Praying for your whole family brother. Both sad to hear of this difficulty and joyful at the blessings of knowing her destination.

I just wanted to share a quick prayer request. My mother (age 76) is in the final stages of cancer. We expect her to pass away sometime in the next few weeks.

She has been a very loving and faithful wife of 56 years to my father, mother to my brother, sister, and I, mother in law to our spouses, and grandmother to her five grandchildren.

Though certainly imperfect, she has walked by sincere faith in Jesus all her days. She hopes in Christ, and longs to be with Him.

My brother, sister, and I are rotating to have one of us stay with my parents almost all the time now. I'm at their house right now.

My Dad is almost 80 and has a lot of health problems of his own. We've all been very impressed watching him tenderly care for the wife of his youth in this final stage of their life together.
They are very loving, and appreciate every day they have left.

I was thinking about 1 Timothy 5:9-10.

"...having been the wife of one husband, and having a reputation for good works: if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work." NASB

That's the life she has lived, and in her last days she is surrounded by loving family members, and friends who delight to honor and serve her.

Her hope is in the Son of God who died in her place, rose from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of our Father in Heaven.
That is a victorious testimony! I pray for you and your family during this time that you will be encouraged in the hope that we have in Christ Jesus.

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV

Our prayers are with your family at this sad time.

Just saw this brother. Praying for you all.

Back