• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

No longer lurking in Arkansas

NVIII

Seasoned Member
Male
Hello, fellow outlaws (bigamist, science-denying, hate-speaking, sexist bigots). Feels good to be hated together. I'm sure the day is close when we will be hunted again as Jews and Christians of old. On the day we all flee to the mountains, I hope you will find me there. The Ouachitas are beautiful any time of year.

I tried to join this forum many years ago in its old format, but the technology of the time was no match for my ineptitude. So I read several topics that served to feed my hunger for truth and confirm my discoveries on the topic of polygyny, and then moved on to other topics and forgot this site. I was still new then to the knowledge of the Word. I mean, I had read the Bible from cover to cover a few times, had attended churches with my parents, and had professed faith and been baptized, but didn't really know the Word. I knew the traditions of men. I think many of you can relate. I was in the process of dismantling the religious foundations of my worldview and rebuilding on solid rock. I was a few years out of college and into a new career and wife. Had a new baby, a first house, and big question marks inside my head. God had awakened me sometime during my college tenure, shaken me to my core, which I may share with you about sometime later. I am still in that process.

Currently I am discovering my somber purpose as a husband and father, the image of God, as well as the joys of that knowledge and the fulfillment of that purpose. I now have two wives, seven children, a new job, a new homestead, and new question marks inside my head. The journey has been an immense undertaking, and not without it's cliff hangers. I don't know a single place I can fit into society anymore without hiding the truth. But I guess our calling is not to fit in.

I came back to this forum because someone recommended it to me after seeing my posts on Instagram. That's enough for him to know who I am and to know I didn't lie to him about going to check it out again. I successfully made an account this time, but continued to lurk/ignore for the most part. I felt a prick in my heart today, and God showed me that part of the reason for my lurking was pride and fear, so I think it's come time to introduce myself and join the conversation more fully and honestly, even if the FBI is also lurking. At least maybe we can be flogged together and sing hymns in the cells together.

A bit more about me: I'm 35. I'm a bit scattered as far as hobbies. I dabble in carpentry, wood turning, brewing, distilling, gardening, animal husbandry, meat smoking, and reloading. I'm working on putting in a 45-tree orchard and beehives this year. Hoping to have sheep next year. Would love to glean information from anyone about those topics as well as farm tax planning. I'm also kind of a wiz at excel, especially macros, if anyone needs help with that program.

Neither of my wives are on here at this time, and it will remain that way until their currect social portfolios have room. One of my wives is from the Philippines. If you need a connection there, let me know.

Welcome!

If your wives do decide to come on here, then we have a ladies chat for them on Tuesday nights. They're most welcome to join us.

Welcome! Glad you took the leap. I hope you will find some good things here.

Welcome!

Shalom and welcome.

Hello, fellow outlaws (bigamist, science-denying, hate-speaking, sexist bigots). Feels good to be hated together. I'm sure the day is close when we will be hunted again as Jews and Christians of old. On the day we all flee to the mountains, I hope you will find me there. The Ouachitas are beautiful any time of year.

I tried to join this forum many years ago in its old format, but the technology of the time was no match for my ineptitude. So I read several topics that served to feed my hunger for truth and confirm my discoveries on the topic of polygyny, and then moved on to other topics and forgot this site. I was still new then to the knowledge of the Word. I mean, I had read the Bible from cover to cover a few times, had attended churches with my parents, and had professed faith and been baptized, but didn't really know the Word. I knew the traditions of men. I think many of you can relate. I was in the process of dismantling the religious foundations of my worldview and rebuilding on solid rock. I was a few years out of college and into a new career and wife. Had a new baby, a first house, and big question marks inside my head. God had awakened me sometime during my college tenure, shaken me to my core, which I may share with you about sometime later. I am still in that process.

Currently I am discovering my somber purpose as a husband and father, the image of God, as well as the joys of that knowledge and the fulfillment of that purpose. I now have two wives, seven children, a new job, a new homestead, and new question marks inside my head. The journey has been an immense undertaking, and not without it's cliff hangers. I don't know a single place I can fit into society anymore without hiding the truth. But I guess our calling is not to fit in.

I came back to this forum because someone recommended it to me after seeing my posts on Instagram. That's enough for him to know who I am and to know I didn't lie to him about going to check it out again. I successfully made an account this time, but continued to lurk/ignore for the most part. I felt a prick in my heart today, and God showed me that part of the reason for my lurking was pride and fear, so I think it's come time to introduce myself and join the conversation more fully and honestly, even if the FBI is also lurking. At least maybe we can be flogged together and sing hymns in the cells together.

A bit more about me: I'm 35. I'm a bit scattered as far as hobbies. I dabble in carpentry, wood turning, brewing, distilling, gardening, animal husbandry, meat smoking, and reloading. I'm working on putting in a 45-tree orchard and beehives this year. Hoping to have sheep next year. Would love to glean information from anyone about those topics as well as farm tax planning. I'm also kind of a wiz at excel, especially macros, if anyone needs help with that program.

Neither of my wives are on here at this time, and it will remain that way until their currect social portfolios have room. One of my wives is from the Philippines. If you need a connection there, let me know.
Welcome!

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome.

I must say I like your sense of humour!
A bit more about me: I'm 35. I'm a bit scattered as far as hobbies. I dabble in carpentry, wood turning, brewing, distilling, gardening, animal husbandry, meat smoking, and reloading. I'm working on putting in a 45-tree orchard and beehives this year. Hoping to have sheep next year. Would love to glean information from anyone about those topics as well as farm tax planning.
I do several of those hobbies, have dozens of fruit trees, beehives, and will soon have sheep & cattle. So there's lots we could discuss, but I have no idea where you'd like to begin!

So here's some random information to glean: The best way to eat sheep is in a mutton pie. I had one for lunch. Fantastic. You can only buy them in the southern parts of New Zealand as they're a very regional delicacy, and an acquired taste (exceedingly fatty), but I was travelling in the right area today. You'll have to come visit to find out if you don't like them. :)

The best way to eat sheep is in a mutton pie.
I may have to disagree. We eat lots of sausage made from our sheep and find ribs and chops grilled over wood coals outstanding!
I love the versatility of lamb. If I could only have one meat.....that would be my choice.

Hair sheep are also very mild and delicious even at two years of age.

Another way we eat sheep is to oven roast a leg or shoulder (ok, honestly usually 2 or 3) with just basic seasoning blend (salt, pepper, garlic and onion granules) and then mix the drippings with rice and celery and onion cooked in butter with Thyme and Sage added. Very yummy!

I do several of those hobbies, have dozens of fruit trees, beehives, and will soon have sheep & cattle. So there's lots we could discuss, but I have no idea where you'd like to begin!
I might PM you, if you don't mind. There is lots of information available in this age, the problem is sorting through it all. I prefer cheating off someone else's paper! I really like seeing what other people have done and gleaning ideas to adapt to my own circumstances. As well as showing what I've done and letting them take away ideas or poke holes in it.

I may have to disagree. We eat lots of sausage made from our sheep and find ribs and chops grilled over wood coals outstanding!
I love the versatility of lamb. If I could only have one meat.....that would be my choice.

Hair sheep are also very mild and delicious even at two years of age.

Another way we eat sheep is to oven roast a leg or shoulder (ok, honestly usually 2 or 3) with just basic seasoning blend (salt, pepper, garlic and onion granules) and then mix the drippings with rice and celery and onion cooked in butter with Thyme and Sage added. Very yummy!
The simplest way to feed a large crowd is a boil-up: Drop a leg or two of mutton in a giant pot, boil until the meat is half-cooked, add a sack of potatoes and all the other vegetables you want, boil until finished. Boiled mutton is surprisingly tender and delicious, so this actually results in a surprisingly high quality meal.

Back