• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

No such thing as wives.

I do have a new incantation I just got from a friend who lives on a bayou in Louisiana, that may work.

Personally I think we all need to read "4,001 Key Steps of True Goodness for Finding Your Soulmate" 3x backwards, and then the combined resonance of our spirits will allow us to ask God this question in just the right way.

Reactions: Cap
So does this bring up the idea of 'soulmates'? Since every man is a husband and every woman a wife, there must be a connection between the two.
Not sure I like the term or concept of soul mates as its used in modern terms. It seems like all these single gals continue to remain single for extended periods of time because they are looking for this supposed "soulmate" who is perfectly matched to them. I tend to be more practical, and I think God is too.

So does this bring up the idea of 'soulmates'? Since every man is a husband and every woman a wife, there must be a connection between the two.
I don't think so. I strongly believe that any two people, if both truly decide to make it work, could end up happily married. That's why arranged marriage works - it doesn't matter if you don't love each other to start with, if you're both completely certain it is for life and you'll have to make it work, so put the effort in. While marriage fails when people think "I've found my soulmate, we're so in love", and then the honeymoon period ends and they think they must have made a mistake, so go looking for their 'real' soulmate.

A nut is designed to be a perfect match for a bolt, it even has almost no purpose other than fitting on a bolt. But it doesn't have a 'soulmate' bolt that is the only one it can be used with. It can be mated with any bolt of the same thread, and will work fine - provided they are assembled correctly. While it will function terribly even with the bolt it was sold with, if they are cross-threaded.

If only we had someone with the spiritual discernment to find everyone’s match
I don't want to take this thread too far off the OP, but I don't think it was ever meant to be this mystical. Families in the Bible got together, found a guy a gal who met the basic requirements, came from a good family, could do the basic duties, and then possibly consulted the guy and gal, and then it was done. The "soulmate" stuff came after they knew each other and became bonded after many years. Essentially, I am plugging arranged marriages.

I don't want to take this thread too far off the OP, but I don't think it was ever meant to be this mystical. Families in the Bible got together, found a guy a gal who met the basic requirements, came from a good family, could do the basic duties, and then possibly consulted the guy and gal, and then it was done. The "soulmate" stuff came after they knew each other and became bonded after many years. Essentially, I am plugging arranged marriages.

And on that note. I have two sons and three daughters to find "soul mates" for. Any takers. ;);)

I’ve watched emotional love come and go. I’ve said for years I’d rather have respect than love. It lasts longer.

However, I’ve also realized, instead of the emotional love, if your spouse reacts with an action love, a verb so to speak, it continues.

The old saying, “I always love you. Like? Now that’s a different matter all together”. Too many confuse the two, love and like, and when the fire of the emotional side of love has died down, they don’t know how to have enough commitment to put new logs on the fire and get the fire rekindled. That along with the general/hum drum things of life can take away the emotional.

The verb love seems to be the word to work with.

I whole heartedly agree!

Back