• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Pray for Haiti Mission workers

Please pray for Boyce Young and colleagues. He is a church member of mine.

UPDATE:
They are still in Haiti. They remain in a relatively safe location, but are, in essence, hiding out waiting for help. My daddy served his country as a Marine, and has spent a lifetime serving others through various organizations and mission work. If you know of anyone that can help us get him home, please reach out!

Original post (3/7/24): Those of you that have known me, know the connection my family has to Haiti. I could write a book on how it started and how it’s impacted our lives (and maybe oneday I will). But the most important thing right now is that my sweet daddy and our good friend Emory are currently in Haiti. They were supposed to fly home this past Saturday, but as you probably know by now, all flights to and from Haiti have been suspended due to the violent gang activities. They are in a relatively safe place currently, but not really in a place that puts them in an ideal position for evacuation. Ideally they need to be in/near Cap Haitien, and they are literally across the country without any way to get there. We have tried talking to the Embassy, looked into private planes, boats, etc, and have tried a few connections we have with international securities; but so far, nothing concrete has come to fruition. 1) Please pray that we can find a way to get them out of the country! 2) If you have any connection, thoughts, or ideas of ways to help, please reach out to me or my brothers!IMG_6996.jpeg

The US State Department issued travel advisories well ahead of the violence and told people to leave. I am sorry for your friend but he should have left when he was told to leave.

The US State Department issued travel advisories well ahead of the violence and told people to leave. I am sorry for your friend but he should have left when he was told to leave.
Update from his daughter
My daddy and Emory have made it into the Dominican Republic! PTL!!! It’s not quite US soil, but we’ll take it! It has definitely been an exhausting journey for them, and we are praising the Lord for getting them there. Please continue to pray for the rest of their journey home so that it is free of anymore stumbling blocks. We cannot thank everyone enough for praying, sharing posts, and reaching out during this time. Our family, friends, and community have truly shown up and it has been felt immensely. We are amazed at the kindness of total strangers who have reached out wanting to help in anyway they can, from friends of friends to missionaries to veterans, too many people to name. My daddy has always corrected us when we say, “was a Marine”, because as the saying goes, “once a Marine, always a Marine”; and you guys have shown us the true brotherhood in that. I can’t tell you the number of Marines that have reached out wanting to help my daddy! The willingness to help someone you’ve never met should restore anyone’s hope in humanity.
Also, please continue to pray for Haiti and help bring awareness to the situation so that we may see change for the people and nation that we love so dearly.

Back