• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Quit taking the Pill - go lesbian?

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male

"We became lesbians after coming off the Pill! Meet the women who suddenly discovered they were gay after they stopped taking it... and discover how it could be affecting YOUR mind"​

Research suggests that women who take the Pill have a continued preference for less masculine men — while women who don't take it experience a preference for more masculine men at the most fertile period of their natural cycle, and less masculine men during the second half of their cycle, when levels of the hormone progesterone are high.

Fascinating article. The major unjustified assumption it makes - which is the one the authors obviously jump to given their pre-existing bias - is the assumption that in coming off the pill the woman's mind returns to what it would be naturally. I think it is more likely that 20 years of pill-taking has utterly wrecked their system to the point that when they come off it their attraction goes haywire. It's like a nicotine addiction - if you don't smoke, your body produces the right amount of nicotine, but when you do smoke your body receives enough nicotine from the cigarettes so stops producing it, and if you stop you don't just go back to producing the right amount but really struggle as your body no longer produces it.

Is it possible that after such a long time on the pill, women become dependent upon it to have a stable attraction to at least a less masculine man. When coming off it some women no longer are able to generate this attraction independently, and lose the ability to be attracted to men?

Don't let your daughters start this...

Oh, and I guess that goes for letting the Publik Cesspool Apparatchiks cut off her breasts, too...
Abortions also.

Are we dogging on birth control from a strictly contraceptive standpoint? Or a medical one?

Birth control for medical necessity can be an absolute life-changer for some women.

It's by no means ideal; there are many side effects, and it's often overly- prescribed (just as most medications are), but sometimes it's the only option for quick relief. Particularly in states or countries where health care is unaffordable.

I haven't noticed any of the ladies I know, and I haven't myself experienced an attraction to less masculine men during the times I've had to take it.

Did I miss a link to a specific study relating to this finding? I typically don't trust the daily mail and I'm curious about the specifics of the study. Like if there's possibly a direct link between specific brands that cause the absence of a period, that would most likely explain the loss of a sex drive thus impacting your attraction in general.

Are we dogging on birth control from a strictly contraceptive standpoint? Or a medical one?
A medical one. The contraceptive question would be a whole different discussion, and we'd be going into the actual mode of action of all different options and whether they actually prevented conception or were partially abortive - it would be far more complex. We haven't gone there, at least yet!

I expect these types of medical problems occur with long-term usage of all forms of the pill, for some women. The whole point of the contraceptive pill is to screw up the hormonal balance of a woman to make her infertile in various ways - and that will inevitably have flow-on psychological effects because those hormones have known roles in psychology. It is usual with medication that something is invented, hailed as a wonder-drug, used for decades, and only then do we start to find the long-term effects (for various reasons, including because such long-term effects don't necessarily become obvious during a short three-year drug approval trial), and eventually it gets restricted or banned. It's a fairly common pattern. It would actually be more surprising to find that the pill did not have harmful long-term effects, given the size of the changes it makes to the body.

Did I miss a link to a specific study relating to this finding? I typically don't trust the daily mail and I'm curious about the specifics of the study.
It's not based on a study. As the article says:
There is little research in this area, but the internet is awash with anecdotal evidence.
Now, I know it's the Daily Mail, so should be taken with a hefty helping of salt. However, in this case, there are reasons for there being little research in this area. Firstly, anecdotal evidence always comes first, and is followed by trials to verify it - we're at the first stage, before the trials have been done. Secondly, there will be reluctance to do those trials, as who would fund them? The drug companies won't - they don't want to find bad things about their products if they can avoid it. And the government agencies will be reluctant, as they're pushing that lesbianism is innate, and a study that could potentially find "women don't actually start out lesbian but are made lesbian by the contraceptive pill" would undermine the entire dominant philosophy of the day - governments only want to fund things that further their agendas, not undermine them. Note that I have worked in the research sector for much of my life and know first-hand how the funding model is broken like this. So it will take time for a major drug trial to occur, if it ever does. Until then all we will have will be anecdotal evidence.

Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining! I've just seen it mentioned multiple times on this forum, so I was looking for some studies/research on the topic. Being a nursing assistant and having friends in the medical field makes me curious about the specifics when things like this are mentioned.

Christie would often tell me about how she had been on birth control and how it made her 'crazy'. She stopped taking it after like three or four years and felt much better afterwards.

My friend Amanda was on it and when she stopped she said she didn't feel any different but I saw her as being more calm and acting more feminine.

Without going into specifics, one of the common side effects I've seen and been told about is 'loss of libido.' To the point that, if that is the result, why bother with the pill?

But, with the benefit of hindsight, I agree with Samuel's point, that there are consequences for messing with women's hormonal balance, especially over time. I linked the article because it was interesting, not because I particularly trust the Daily Mail (but, hey - more by far than the NY Times or WaPo...)

Without going into specifics, one of the common side effects I've seen and been told about is 'loss of libido.' To the point that, if that is the result, why bother with the pill?
Well, purely considering the specific problem of libido, or more specifically sexual pleasure, there are even greater issues in that regard with any other form of contraception. Barrier methods make sex considerably less enjoyable, and natural family planning requires you to abstain or use barrier methods when the woman's libido is highest, so she only gets to have sex when her libido is low. So, when you think about it, even if libido is lower with the pill, there's a good chance a woman gets to have sex with a higher libido level than if she used any other option.

Other than being quiverfull. Then she can have the best sex, at least occasionally... :)

Birth control for medical necessity can be an absolute life-changer for some women.
I suspect you're talking about women with severe pms, cramping, and other unpleasant symptoms? They don't miss days of work or school every month because the pill keeps their bodies from shedding that uterine lining and cycling?

There are ways of balancing the body without the drugs. My grandpa used to help all sorts of folks with nutrition, herbs, and other natural therapies.

I know of women that were given depoprevera that suffered from severe depression. My sister that used birth control before having children also resorted to clomid to conceive her third child (fourth pregnancy as they lost their first when he died in the womb at about 4 1/4 months gestation) they tried to conceive for about 5 months unsuccessfully before the prescription assistance.
I remember hearing a statistic in the late 1990's that mankind as a whole was in the second generation of a decline in fertility so severe if it happened in an animal species the people that seek to conserve and protect would be concerned and putting US on a protected list! Lots of people (including a sweet and loved cousin of mine) in what is commonly called their child bearing years are unable to conceive without medical interventions.... some cannot with medical interventions.

Other than being quiverfull. Then she can have the best sex, at least occasionally...
Getting pregnant can sure be memorable!!! But being pregnant can also impact libido for some (thankfully not me! :-😜)
I have nine, and began seven pregnancies without happy endings too. Most would probably label us quiverfull.
I would do both. I'd say if gun control is hitting your target, birth control is staying composed during labor and delivery.
What most people do is try to actively prevent what YHWH says are blessings and rewards...and His heritage.
Medically speaking I believe that do far more harm then good. There is a thread on here about the "side effects' that was eye opening for me.....and explains why some Christian couples we know totter on the brink of divorce! The last post on that first page has links and a summary from the original poster....(who's wife still adores him and has 11 children)

Many of us have tried natural remedies, unfortunately some things can't be remedied that way 😥

Though I do think it's best to always try natural remedies before prescribed medication.
I probably can come across hard core and judgemental, and I sure don't intend to add any pain to someone who has struggled with a problem that I have not. Part of my perspective is from a distrust of the pharmaceutical industry, but that really got extended to include the food service industry after listening almost 20 years ago to Kevin Trudeau's book Natural Cures They Don't want You to Know About. But even beyond the "book learning" about this stuff, I grew up hearing stories, stories of how my dear grandfather and his son who filled his big shoes helped people. For example...
My uncle Larry had a woman come to him for treatment. He was a chiropractor, but also as many do he'd make dietary/lifestyle prescriptions too, many of them ignored by people who's level of pain or suffering was insufficient to motivate them to learn a new habit or give up an old one. This woman was MOTIVATED! She had glaucoma and was losing her sight. Her eyes were so bad she not only couldn't read the time on the wall clock, she couldn't even see the clock on the wall!
My uncle advised her, and she made changes. ...and her condition improved. After a while (I dont remember if it was a year, or three) the improvement was so definate she went back to the Dr who had treated her before. He examined her eyes, did some tests. Her vision was healed! She asked him "Can you say I dont have glaucoma anymore?" His gruff answer? "Well, its doubtful you ever had it in the first place." To completely understand this you'd need to know that the medical text books say there is no treatment....and he BELIEVED THAT!
Even over the evidence he was seeing with his own eyes. HE TREATED HER FOR GLAUCOMA FOR EIGHT YEARS! The eight years prior to her going to my uncle. When Larry told us this story he was incredulous that a Dr would sooner admit to the malpractice of treating a patient for 8 years for a disease they didn't have, ....then believe his "education/ indoctination was wrong and healing was possible.
I have faith in what YHWH designed, in thatvI believe our bodies want to be well and can heal. I prefer to avoid drugs that treat symptoms and instead look for the root cause. I believe more root causes are corrected with vitamins and minerals...eating nutritious food instead of drinking empty calories in soda.
I have also used drugs, and given a painkiller to my child with a broken arm.

I joke here that I'm a good looker.....(not to be confused with good looking. Lol. ) Because I persist....and remember where I've seen things.

Anyway. All that to hopefully help communicate more of the why behind what I Said.

Gotta go now!

Christie would often tell me about how she had been on birth control and how it made her 'crazy'. She stopped taking it after like three or four years and felt much better afterwards.

My friend Amanda was on it and when she stopped she said she didn't feel any different but I saw her as being more calm and acting more feminine.
I have a theory about how the estrogen, hormonal receptor site, methylation process and common mutation of the methylation paths in nearly half of Americans that is already related to mental illnesses.

In a seemingly unrelated lateral remark. The title of a Heinlein book that a fair number of us have read as well as part of the central premise is ringing like a bell in my mind. The title is Time Enough for Love. About a man who has an adaptive mutation in his 12th chromosome pair which makes him extremely long lived. Enough so that he was able to live long enough that a anti geriatric therapy called rejuvenation is developed. He lives over two thousand years and part of the lessons of the narrative is that we legitimately need so much more time for love, families, projects, interests and plans.
As a man dedicated to the idea of plural marriage and a large family, I think that while we all need lots more time, that it becomes an even bigger issue within plural families. Need far more time enough for love.

Told ya it was lateral but as has been recently mentioned regularly, we do tend to deviate from the original topics rather a lot in these posts. I think the part of the tenuous connection in my mind is that the woman who might have been potentially damaged by the pill as well as those gaslit into the rabid anti-natalist might have the opportunity (how to help this process physically is a massive topic) to find happiness and family and motherhood.

I probably can come across hard core and judgemental, and I sure don't intend to add any pain to someone who has struggled with a problem that I have not. Part of my perspective is from a distrust of the pharmaceutical industry, but that really got extended to include the food service industry after listening almost 20 years ago to Kevin Trudeau's book Natural Cures They Don't want You to Know About. But even beyond the "book learning" about this stuff, I grew up hearing stories, stories of how my dear grandfather and his son who filled his big shoes helped people. For example...
My uncle Larry had a woman come to him for treatment. He was a chiropractor, but also as many do he'd make dietary/lifestyle prescriptions too, many of them ignored by people who's level of pain or suffering was insufficient to motivate them to learn a new habit or give up an old one. This woman was MOTIVATED! She had glaucoma and was losing her sight. Her eyes were so bad she not only couldn't read the time on the wall clock, she couldn't even see the clock on the wall!
My uncle advised her, and she made changes. ...and her condition improved. After a while (I dont remember if it was a year, or three) the improvement was so definate she went back to the Dr who had treated her before. He examined her eyes, did some tests. Her vision was healed! She asked him "Can you say I dont have glaucoma anymore?" His gruff answer? "Well, its doubtful you ever had it in the first place." To completely understand this you'd need to know that the medical text books say there is no treatment....and he BELIEVED THAT!
Even over the evidence he was seeing with his own eyes. HE TREATED HER FOR GLAUCOMA FOR EIGHT YEARS! The eight years prior to her going to my uncle. When Larry told us this story he was incredulous that a Dr would sooner admit to the malpractice of treating a patient for 8 years for a disease they didn't have, ....then believe his "education/ indoctination was wrong and healing was possible.
I have faith in what YHWH designed, in thatvI believe our bodies want to be well and can heal. I prefer to avoid drugs that treat symptoms and instead look for the root cause. I believe more root causes are corrected with vitamins and minerals...eating nutritious food instead of drinking empty calories in soda.
I have also used drugs, and given a painkiller to my child with a broken arm.

I joke here that I'm a good looker.....(not to be confused with good looking. Lol. ) Because I persist....and remember where I've seen things.

Anyway. All that to hopefully help communicate more of the why behind what I Said.

Gotta go now!
I don't think you came across that way. Thank you for explaining, though 🩷

I don't even necessarily disagree with you or others, and I typically avoid the topic because I'm just not quite as skeptical of the medical field as most people here seem to be. I've seen the good it can do along with the bad. Not all doctors and nurses overprescribe; many do their best to find the root of the issues and offer healthier, more natural solutions, especially as of late with it being nearly impossible in many states to see a doctor without a 6-month wait, if at all.

One thing they run into often is that many people would rather take a pill to cure their problem than follow through with the advice to adopt a healthier lifestyle. At that point, they're stuck between letting them suffer or offering the patient a solution in pill form.

Not to mention the people who suffer from extreme mental illnesses. It's quite literally impossible for them to force themselves to follow through with a healthier lifestyle, even if they wanted to. Many struggle with focusing on the minor task of taking a small pill once a day.

I've seen the good it can do along with the bad
I believe you! My mom had both hips replaced. One had an old fracture so part of the bone was dead and no longer regenerating. She is doing so much better cnow that her legs are the same length and she can walk without pain.
I was also on a Facebook group for birthing multiples naturally and heard VERY encouraging stories proving that social networking, and Dr recommendations were changing care for the better, with women able to reject Dr's that wanted to take away their right to choose by pressuring and fear mongering. I even read about a first time mother of twins, both breech, who found a Dr willing to deliver both babies vaginally in her home!
It's a different world from the one I was born in.

Not all doctors and nurses overprescribe; many do their best to find the root of the issues and offer healthier, more natural solutions, especially as of late with it being nearly impossible in many states to see a doctor without a 6-month wait, if at all.
This is true too. It's just pot luck though if you have to go to an ER.

One thing they run into often is that many people would rather take a pill to cure their problem than follow through with the advice to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Too true. People want a pill, not a program.
Not to mention the people who suffer from extreme mental illnesses
This is heartbreaking. I see it all as the terrible cost of man made government. It is bondage. Monetary, mental, religious, and spiritual (motivational) bondage that results in a slow heartless death for too many.

Thy Kingdom COME!

Back