• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Raymond Ibrahim on Islam, Jihad, Sharia, and history

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
I've recently read a couple of books by Mr Ibrahim on the history of warfare between Islam and the West/Christendom. I found both books to be incredibly informative and helpful. I recommend them very highly!!!

"Sword and Scimitar: Fourteen Centuries of War between Islam and the West"

"Defenders of the West: The Christian Heroes Who Stood Against Islam"

We have not been well educated about Islam, Jihad, the Crusades etc. In school, we were taught to hate our noble forefathers, and to esteem the wicked (and Muslim Jihadi's were both faithful to the Islamic death cult and also exceedingly wicked).

Our Anglocentric Northwestern European (and Protestant) historians have largely ignored tons of important history in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Spain (and our Orthodox or Roman Catholic Christian heroes).

This topic relates to Biblical families because after the Jihadis conquer your country, the rape, and enslavement (and often murder) of your wives and children normally follows.

I bet @MemeFan knows more about this topic. His Croatian people were under the boot of the wicked Turks for many years.

I've recently read a couple of books by Mr Ibrahim on the history of warfare between Islam and the West/Christendom. I found both books to be incredibly informative and helpful. I recommend them very highly!!!

We have not been well educated about Islam, Jihad, the Crusades etc. In school, we were taught to hate our noble forefathers, and to esteem the wicked (and Muslim Jihadi's were both faithful to the Islamic death cult and also exceedingly wicked).

Our Anglocentric Northwestern European (and Protestant) historians have largely ignored tons of important history in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Spain (and our Orthodox or Roman Catholic Christian heroes).

This topic relates to Biblical families because after the Jihadis conquer your country, the rape, and enslavement (and often murder) of your wives and children normally follows.

I bet @MemeFan knows more about this topic. His Croatian people were under the boot of the wicked Turks for many years.
Sadly, I don't know much. There were bunch of Crusaders against Ottomans, but they mostly failed.

Some kings and lesser nobles did get famous fighting Ottomans. Grof Drakula is most famous.

Kings and General channel on Youtube has documentary series on Ottoman expansion.

By the way, Ottomans have never conquered Croatia. They have seized much, but never all.

Sadly, I don't know much. There were bunch of Crusaders against Ottomans, but they mostly failed.

Some kings and lesser nobles did get famous fighting Ottomans. Grof Drakula is most famous.

Kings and General channel on Youtube has documentary series on Ottoman expansion.

By the way, Ottomans have never conquered Croatia. They have seized much, but never all.
You are right that the Ottoman Turks never controlled all the territory of current day Croatia. I looked it up and was surprised.

Men like king Jan/John III Sobieski, hero of the siege of Vienna in 1683 (ruler of Poland and Lithuania) are among the greatest heroes in European history and are almost completely unknown in the English speaking world. That was one of the most important and decisive battles in history and we never talk about it.

János Hunyadi of Hungry/Wallachia and Gjergj Kastrioti "Skanderbeg" of Albania/Serbia were also great heroes and I don't think I had ever ever heard of them.

We have a large American city named after "Saint Louis" crusader king of France, and I previously knew nothing of him.

While the Crusaders were likely misguided at times, and had mixed results, many of these men were greater heroes than we can even dream of being.

They were not the aggressor villains that modern revisionist historians and Muslim propagandists insist they were. They were instead defenders of Christian peoples and liberators of the oppressed Dhimmi Christians suffering under the oppression of Muslim terrorists.

Richard Lionheart king of England really did have the heart of a lion. Duke Godfrey of Bouillon, the liberator of Jerusalem was a both a fearsome man of war, and also a pious Christian.

"El Cid" Roderick Diaz, Alfonso VIII of Castile, and Saint Ferdinand III king of Castile were among the many awesome heroes of the Iberian "Reconquista". I had previously heard of "El Cid" and the "Reconquista", but knew almost nothing of the process, or the horrors of the Islamic conquest.

These books also taught me a great deal about medieval history, which modern historians love to denigrate and ignore. The Middle Ages contained much that was good. The age of the Enlightenment is probably far better understood as the true Dark Ages.

These books also taught me a great deal about medieval history, which modern historians love to denigrate and ignore. The Middle Ages contained much that was good. The age of the Enlightenment is probably far better understood as the true Dark Ages.
Can only agree.

Much has gone wrong with modern eras.

Men like king Jan/John III Sobieski, hero of the siege of Vienna in 1683 (ruler of Poland and Lithuania) are among the greatest heroes in European history and are almost completely unknown in the English speaking world. That was one of the most important and decisive battles in history and we never talk about it.
Yea, biggest cavalry change ever.

It only happened bacause Ottomans didn't believed that army would be able to climb hill nearby Wien. Most famous military failure.

János Hunyadi of Hungry/Wallachia and Gjergj Kastrioti "Skanderbeg" of Albania/Serbia were also great heroes and I don't think I had ever ever heard of them.
Don't call Skanderberg Serb. Or area where he fought Serbia. Ethnical blood feud on Balkans run centuries.

They were not the aggressor villains that modern revisionist historians and Muslim propagandists insist they were. They were instead defenders of Christian peoples and liberators of the oppressed Dhimmi Christians suffering under the oppression of Muslim terrorists.
Don't forget Muslim pirates from North Africa. First USMC action was against them.
Richard Lionheart king of England really did have the heart of a lion. Duke Godfrey of Bouillon, the liberator of Jerusalem was a both a fearsome man of war, and also a pious Christian.

"El Cid" Roderick Diaz, Alfonso VIII of Castile, and Saint Ferdinand III king of Castile were among the many awesome heroes of the Iberian "Reconquista". I had previously heard of "El Cid" and the "Reconquista", but knew almost nothing of the process, or the horrors of the Islamic conquest.
Guys not famous enough.

Yea, biggest cavalry change ever.

It only happened bacause Ottomans didn't believed that army would be able to climb hill nearby Wien. Most famous military failure.

Don't call Skanderberg Serb. Or area where he fought Serbia. Ethnical blood feud on Balkans run centuries.

Don't forget Muslim pirates from North Africa. First USMC action was against them.

Guys not famous enough.
Regarding Skanderberg, I know that ethnic blood feuds run deep in the Balkans (thanks Turks) and I wasn't quite sure which category to put him in.

I got the impression that he would kind of pre-date our current categories of Croat/Bosnian/Serb/Albanian/Montenegran/etc. I believe much of his fighting took place in modern day Albania, but I didn't want to call him Albanian since most Albanian are Muslim.

Ibrahim's book also covered the war between the USA and Barbary pirates. We Americans hardly know anything even about this war.

Regarding Skanderberg, I know that ethnic blood feuds run deep in the Balkans (thanks Turks) and I wasn't quite sure which category to put him in.

I got the impression that he would kind of pre-date our current categories of Croat/Bosnian/Serb/Albanian/Montenegran/etc. I believe much of his fighting took place in modern day Albania, but I didn't want to call him Albanian since most Albanian are Muslim.
Don't know who lived in Albania. There must be historical name for people living there. They were centuries part of Byzantine Empire. So Greeks, so again it's so wrong in today's context.

Ibrahim's book also covered the war between the USA and Barbary pirates. We Americans hardly know anything even about this war.
I would expect @The Revolting Man to provide more info. After all, it's first action of his beloved USMC.

What are the titles of some books we should read, maybe links to where they are available @Bartato?
The two I've read are those I mentioned above. I highly recommend both. "Sword and Scimitar" deals primarily with eight battles/wars/or campaigns from the 600s to the present. "Defenders of the West" deals more with eight particular individual men.

I just bought them off Amazon. I'm sure they are also available elsewhere.

Here is an interview with the author.

Don't forget Muslim pirates from North Africa. First USMC action was against them
No. The first USMC action was in New Providence, Bahamas where Marines participated in a possibly staged raid to secure gunpowder supplies that would used at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Back