• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Saturday vs Sunday Resource

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Certainly there is disagreement amongst us as to whether the Sabbath of the 4th commandment (7th day of the week, i.e. Saturday) is still in force or not. Most of Protestant Christianity practices some form of Sunday observance, and we even have at least one member who believes in, teaches and practices a lunar controlled scheme. Fair 'nuff.

This thread is NOT intended to start up and rehash all that. We been there and done that.

But the same scholastic honesty that has brought us to an acceptance of our mutual topic of interest, Biblical families and marriage including what we moderns term Plural Marriage or Polygamy has caused many of us over time to ask similar questions about the Sabbath of the 4th Commandment.

This thread is intended to introduce resources for those interested in pursuing the matter.

An outstanding resource on the topic is available at http://superstore.wnd.com/VIDEO/Religio ... Set-5-DVDs. In fact, there is a fascinating video posted there as well. Enjoy.

Another WND article, posted at http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58526, introduces us to the research of the only Protestant to receive permission to study at the Gregorian University of Rome. He did his dissertation on the change from Sabbath to Sunday. Pretty fascinating stuff.

colour me luney ;)

steve said:
colour me luney ;)

REALLY!!? How confusing! Anyways, I guess there are at least TWO! ;)

Since this issue was apparently discussed many moons before I joined the forum, what is the name of the thread I should look for? (For both Saturday vs. Sunday and the lunar cycle thing.)

My pore wife will really think I've gone off the deep end if I start studying which day of the week we should worship on. :shock:

Thanks, Cecil, for the links to those resources. Since my wife is so strongly pro-Jewish (as am I) the "antisemitism" article might get her attention if I can print it out so she can read it off-line. Which thing me, being a computer geek, can-do. :ugeek:

i am not (of necessity) presently a legalistic observer.
but i do look forward to the day in which i can be.

it is ironic to watch two sides fighting over a pair of wrong answers.

sorry, polydoc, i do not have that answer for you.

Saturday vs Sunday has been argued to the point of lockdown a coupla times. I don't know that Weekly vs. Lunar controlled has. If we wanna do it, I would rather put it on a different thread.

i will not argue it :)

Fair nuff.

Just watched the 5 dvd set, The 7th Day, History of the Sabbath. Seriously AWESOME!

Back