• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Scripture That Warns Going Against His Word

Earth_is-

Male
This is some good Scripture for someone that professes that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior - and if having received the Word with patience and love - which is the truth - and they still deny that polygyny should be allowed or practiced - because it either offends them or they believe it to be a sin - well this is the Scripture for them:

Proverbs 13:13
Whoever despises the Word brings destruction on himself, but he who reveres the commandment will be rewarded.

Proverbs 28:9
If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.

Proverbs 28:4
Those who reject the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law fight against them.

Romans 7:12
But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good.

Romans 3:31
Do we then nullify the law through faith? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we uphold the law.

Psalm 119:160
All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Exodus 21:10
If he takes another wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of his first wife.

Psalm 119:103
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Matthew 5:18
For most certainly, I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not even one smallest letter or one tiny pen stroke shall in any way pass away from the law, until all things are accomplished.

So it’s very clear from scripture - someone that claims to be a Christian absolutely can not hate (or forbid) another brother that decides to take another wife - as long as that brother does it according to his Word. This is because there is a warning in scripture - if you despise his Word - you will face “Destruction.” Doesn’t Lord Jesus prophesize that many that call him “Lord, Lord” will not make it into his Kingdom? Why? Because they practice lawlessness. That tells me they hated his Law and prefer their human traditions that nullify his Word.

If anyone says “polygyny always brought problems.” #1. That’s not true. No problems were recorded with Moses, Caleb, or Gideon (just to name a few). Samson had just one wife (pagan) and she tempted him to sin against his Creator. But the bigger problem is that polygyny simply exposes the sin in the person’s heart. Either if it’s feminism, jealousy, control, or whatever it is. Lord Jesus (in a parable) exposed the envy and covetousness in the man’s heart when he decided from his own freewill to reward the worker that worked for just one hour the same amount as the worker that worked all day. Is Jesus the sinner for being generous with his own money, or did he simply expose the wickedness in the man’s hearts? Same thing with polygyny. Since polygyny is a valid form of marriage - it can not be responsible if it exposes the sin in someone else’s heart.

Last edited:
"You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." (Deuteronomy 4:2 NKJV)

When you forbid polygyny (when God didn't), you add to the Law, and usurp the authority of the Creator.
AND it's repeated in Deuteronomy 12:32, and is almost the same as the Very Last Warning in the whole Book.

Back