• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The 'Ten Commandments' are a litmus test for spiritual war

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I contend, as the title suggests, that the Ten Debarim (actually, Words, or Sayings) are a litmus test that shows just how much 'self-contradiction' is in the Whore Church. You will hear some dogma that proclaims "the Ten Commandments are about the ONLY part of that Olde Testament" that sill matters," while, almost simultaneously, they will argue that only SOME of those actually still apply anyway. (Do a quick search: the one about "keep My Sabbath" is particularly hated, and ignored, but the Roman Catholic Bible has a whole different take on the one about "graven images" - no surprise - and most don't even know what 'adultery' actually is.)

This week's reading is called parsha "Yitro" (I always thought the English rendering of Jethro sounds a little to Beverly Hillbilly for my taste) and includes a LOT of things that 'set the stage' for what is arguably "the Coming Battle."

Thank you.

The 'Ten Commandments' are a litmus test for spiritual war​

I will go you one further and assert that the Ten Commandments are also a litmus test for actual wars.

Any war that does not comport with the Ten Commandments is therefore an ungodly and unjust war.

I will go you one further and assert that the Ten Commandments are also a litmus test for actual wars.

Any war that does not comport with the Ten Commandments is therefore an ungodly and unjust war.
I agree with the premise, but not with what my assumption is of your underlying assumption.

"Do you love me enough to memorize my Commandments?"
Most Christians can't recite all Ten Commandments. Is it because it was not considered important enough whereas John 3:16 is?

...arguably because most of them have never even HEARD them, correctly.
They even refuse to comply with obvious:

Thou shall not kill == greatest supporters of invansions during junior Bush era

Thou shall not steal == please, don't get me started on this. We are taxed all least 6X more than number Lord used to try to scarry Israelis from selecting king and refusing Him

If one chooses to live in the confines of a governing rules then pay your taxes, legit or not(they got bigger guns). There are ways around those. For example, you can buy produce from the local market and pay the tax OR you can put in the labor necessary to plant seed and raise crops and pick it and NOT pay taxes on the God-given increase. You want cigs and alcohol? Make your own- plant tobacco and distill the corn. I am reminded of Saul on the road to Damascas when the angel said in essence "Hey dude, how does that goading feel anyway, your kicking aint getting you anywhere?"

And don't forget Joseph's Pharaoh: "one-fifth'," or a 20% tax rate, was outright slavery.
Lord tried with 10% when choosing first king.

Joseph Pharaoh is tyrant in comparison. Then what are current states? Tyrants3*

*How is write here tyrant*tyrant*tyrant?

I am reminded of Saul on the road to Damascas when the angel said in essence "Hey dude, how does that goading feel anyway, your kicking aint getting you anywhere?"
There was a time when YHWH told the children of Israel if they did not bow their necks and take the yoke if the king of Babylon that He would destroy them. That always sounded like "take yer whoopin'" to me.

Did the Ten Commandments apply to people who were NOT a part of God chosen? They did NOT! Those people had their own rules to live by. When the Hebrews were in captivity, they were governed by the local laws. In similar fashion we obey the laws to the degree that they are not contrary to God's laws, in addition we have a greater Law.
But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee.

When the Hebrews were in captivity, they were governed by the local laws. In similar fashion we obey the laws to the degree that they are not contrary to God's laws, in addition we have a greater Law.
The trouble with this is that ANY law man can pretend to make is either in harmony with God's law... as in it already IS HIS LAW, or it is in conflict, which makes it rank idolatry as it sets up another "Judge, King, and law giver."

"YHWH is our Judge King and lawmaker. He will save us."

Where are the moderators when you need them? This is just another thread trying to promote a core tenant of Torah Observance!!!!

Where are the moderators when you need them? This is just another thread trying to promote a core tenant of Torah Observance!!!!
Where am I? About to click "mark all forums read", then thought I'd have a glance here first, and there's a comment directed at the moderators. I almost just marked it read. @Daniel DeLuca, if you want to get the moderators attention, click the report button. Or at least tag us in your comment so it comes up as an alert. Do not assume we have time to read every thread and see every random comment. Especially if you think we're not around - maybe we actually aren't around. There is a reporting tool for a reason. I only read a fraction of what is written on the forum.

Fair question though, I'll tag @The Revolting Man to get his attention also in case he has an opinion on it. I had not seen this as problematic as it is pretty normal for most Christians to accept the 10 Commandments, so from the title I didn't see this as being any sort of Torah promotion beyond the normal range you'd find in any regular church, and it's specifically in the Hebrew Roots section of the forum anyway. So no action from me at this stage unless someone wants to explain an issue I've missed - and the best way to do that is to click "report".

Where am I? About to click "mark all forums read", then thought I'd have a glance here first, and there's a comment directed at the moderators. I almost just marked it read. @Daniel DeLuca, if you want to get the moderators attention, click the report button. Or at least tag us in your comment so it comes up as an alert. Do not assume we have time to read every thread and see every random comment. Especially if you think we're not around - maybe we actually aren't around. There is a reporting tool for a reason. I only read a fraction of what is written on the forum.

Fair question though, I'll tag @The Revolting Man to get his attention also in case he has an opinion on it. I had not seen this as problematic as it is pretty normal for most Christians to accept the 10 Commandments, so from the title I didn't see this as being any sort of Torah promotion beyond the normal range you'd find in any regular church, and it's specifically in the Hebrew Roots section of the forum anyway. So no action from me at this stage unless someone wants to explain an issue I've missed - and the best way to do that is to click "report".
The main issue of concern is this whole Sabbath Day issue that got brought up.
(Do a quick search: the one about "keep My Sabbath" is particularly hated, and ignored, but the Roman Catholic Bible has a whole different take on the one about "graven images" - no surprise - and most don't even know what 'adultery' actually is.)
Some people just can't help themselves.

Last edited:
Back