• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thought for the Day: Why Should God Grant Another Person?

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
Have you ever thought about this? The Lord grieves over someone who is lost and on their way to an eternal hell. Jesus wept over Jerusalem as he longed for them to repent and come to him in faith as the Lord (Luke 13:34).

Maybe you desire for the Lord to add to your family but if so how often have you wept or prayed or sought to add someone to his family by bringing them to faith in Christ as Lord? Ask yourself this question: "why should God give you the desire of your heart for another family member unless you are working to fulfill the desires of his heart which is to add more to his bride, his family?"

What is your goal and mission in life? What signifies to the Lord what you truly love most?

Re: Thought for the Day: Why Should God Grant Another Person

I read this and thought of it in light of another way. Not sure I will express it right from thought to mouth (or finger tips) but here goes!
I am praying for God to bring my family and I to whom will bring strength to us in following the Lord (as well as our life in general). Someone(s) who will lead us in lesson, who will help us walk closer to God, who will stand by us in each day of our lives.
So by adding us to his/their family, they get another person and we are brought closer to God. So win win, right?

Your prayer is the right one. Praying for God to bring you a mature, godly, and honorable person is very important.

Make sure the person whom you consider is truly mature in both the Word and in practice. Part of that will include their desire to see lost souls saved. Too they will understand the basic biblical truths of the Word, things like (1) God came to earth in the flesh as Jesus Christ to die and atone for our sins, (2) salvation is by grace alone through faith alone and not through the keeping of the law or any other human effort, and that (3) the Bible is the absolute and perfect standard for all of life, faith, and practice.

Too, be careful in the polygyny world as there are masses of immature people who flock to seeking another woman out of the wrong reasons. Some of those are excluded by checking on those essentials above. Others have to be screened for other things like their goals in life, maturity in finances, basic mental and social stability, and rather or not they seek this life just because of sexual passion (which in and of itself is not wrong) or because they have a true godly desire to build a family that is on the whole godly, mature, and honoring to the Word of God. Some make it all about sex and very little about overall general godliness. I cannot stress these things above and here enough! The members of my family and I are newer to this in regards to counseling, teaching, and the things of life. But getting involved within the lives of many now for almost two years I have learned a lot and still learning too. Of the things I am learning though the fundamentals are still just as applicable to family life in general. Those who cannot or do not embrace some of the essentials above are too immature to make good family members. Godliness is too about balance. Sometimes I have seen in counseling and working with others of this spiritual persuasion that too much time is spent on looking instead of time being spent on serving the Lord as we know how to do today.

One last thought, some of the thoughts above may be new to you as well. So along your journey in trying to find or locate a family if you have questions contact the staff here. We'll be glad to help you in that journey and to try our best to even point you in the right direction in regard to people too. We do even have an introductions service where we try and match up good mature people with others so as to try and form godly relationships that are strong and stable.

Your prayer is the right one. Praying for God to bring you a mature, godly, and honorable person is very important.

Make sure the person whom you consider is truly mature in both the Word and in practice. Part of that will include their desire to see lost souls saved. Too they will understand the basic biblical truths of the Word, things like (1) God came to earth in the flesh as Jesus Christ to die and atone for our sins, (2) salvation is by grace alone through faith alone and not through the keeping of the law or any other human effort, and that (3) the Bible is the absolute and perfect standard for all of life, faith, and practice.

Too, be careful in the polygyny world as there are masses of immature people who flock to seeking another woman out of the wrong reasons. Some of those are excluded by checking on those essentials above. Others have to be screened for other things like their goals in life, maturity in finances, basic mental and social stability, and rather or not they seek this life just because of sexual passion (which in and of itself is not wrong) or because they have a true godly desire to build a family that is on the whole godly, mature, and honoring to the Word of God. Some make it all about sex and very little about overall general godliness. I cannot stress these things above and here enough! The members of my family and I are newer to this in regards to counseling, teaching, and the things of life. But getting involved within the lives of many now for almost two years I have learned a lot and still learning too. Of the things I am learning though the fundamentals are still just as applicable to family life in general. Those who cannot or do not embrace some of the essentials above are too immature to make good family members. Godliness is too about balance. Sometimes I have seen in counseling and working with others of this spiritual persuasion that too much time is spent on looking instead of time being spent on serving the Lord as we know how to do today.

One last thought, some of the thoughts above may be new to you as well. So along your journey in trying to find or locate a family if you have questions contact the staff here. We'll be glad to help you in that journey and to try our best to even point you in the right direction in regard to people too. We do even have an introductions service where we try and match up good mature people with others so as to try and form godly relationships that are strong and stable.
Sound advice here, glad I found this. Thank you

Back