• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

True or false: single women are either arrogant and prideful or needy with baggage

Again. The OP was not talking about single men.
But since this is Biblical Families....the men can ONLY think about single women without committing mental/heart adultery.
So while Karen wasn't looking for singles and wants a married....successfully married (as in not single) man, the men do not have the luxury of "shopping" for a wife that is likewise "successful "

This conundrum and a single gal's expectation around courtship back then (we were talking to he at the time) is part of what prompted me to start the thread I did about previous experience and relationship resumes. She ended up going for the polywannabee man that pursued her like an unmarried man might....he got her pregnant then told her she wasn't a good fit for his family....but he'd help support his kid.

Karen is asking good questions and trying to understand how to get where she wants to go. I pray she finds answers and success.

“Most of the single women looking to get into Polygyny are either super prideful and arrogant or super needy with baggage.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on this.
Are you looking for commiserating understanding? Or are you looking for solutions?

So while Karen wasn't looking for singles and wants a married....successfully married (as in not single) man, the men do not have the luxury of "shopping" for a wife that is likewise "successful
The Murrays, in the video I linked above, stress the importance of wise counsel from parents/elders when picking a mate (because our hearts/minds are too caught up in the experience to be reliable). He is a third generation practitioner. His father chose all 4 of his wives for him. 👍😅

Good try! My logistical brain would love the topic heading to be the ONLY topic in the thread but conversations in person and online seem to always veer off the path at some point.
True that. It can be particularly annoying and disappointing when you are the poster and want to engage on the TOPIC!... and you load the page to find a derail of BNSF proportions!
(That is a railroad company by the way)
It does at times make dull threads more interesting though....so It's kinda like a pot luck. Yer bound ta find somethin' ya like!

Back