• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical or not

Where if I am someplace a Godly lady is exhibiting Godly traits and your attracted to those traits over her appearance that in my opnion is worth persuaing and courting her
I’m with you on that.

Mathew 5:27-28 is not talking about married women. The battle is in the mind. And he have to keep in mind that time as we view it. Has no bearing with God. In my opnion the verse is saying that the battle is in the soul/mind. If you think it then you become it unless God intervenes. That is why being egually yoked is so important. 1st corinthians 13:4-5 what if you look at a lady and see her pyschial appearance and she is beatiful and say she is super hot and she is not your wife. I think you committ a sin because your looking at another mans wife. We have to try to look at it from a perspective of time is irrelative to God then you start to look at it differently
Wrong on multiple counts.

1. Matt. 5:27-28 is absolutely talking about a married woman. Yeshua could have used multiple Greek words here and chose 'gune' (as in gynecology) specifically meaning 'married.'

2. If we are supposed to only see from outside of time, then there is zero purpose for God giving females the curves He did, or wiring us to appreciate them.

3. You might consider ripping Song of Solomon out of your Bible lest is cause you to think of a woman as 'super hot' like Scripture describes her.

Point: the sin is not even admiring the beauty of a married woman. The sin is in plotting how to 'make her yours.' Otherwise, extend the thought and even admiring someone else's flower bed becomes sin by merely noting its unique beauty.

If you start a conversation with a lady because of her outward appearance only in my opnion we as men have failed
How do you get to know the heart without talking to her? The beauty, an outward attractant, is supposed to start that process. Birds, bees, flowers, trees... God gave even those particular characteristics designed go attract before any interaction takes place.

I honestly feel sorry for those who marry without wanting each other
I know, right? I mean, ya gotta wake up next to them for 30-50 years. IMHO, she better be hot and I sure appreciate @Judgemenot 's efforts to stay in shape and protect her/my assests.

The sin isn’t in thinking someone is hot, it’s the conspiring in one’s mind to steal or take by some illicit means what belongs to someone else.

Spot on! The modern church understanding of lust is a false and destructive tool used against men and it honestly brings so much heartache and problems I have seen it completely destroy marriages. It is amazing how bad things get when folks try to add to scripture. Deuteronomy 4:2 and 12:32 is there for a reason...

I have a friend who had a really nice car. I thought the car looked awesome, I really liked it, i even kind of wanted one like it, but at no point did I begin to conspire within myself to get his car away from him. Therefore no lust/covetousness occured. I think it’s quite similar with the look with lust controversy.

Ps. if you’re upset with me for comparing women to cars go look up Exodus 20:17... it could have been worse :p

If you start a conversation with a lady because of her outward appearance only in my opnion we as men have failed

Bro there is absolutely no basis for this idea. Where are you getting this? Other than modern church false doctrines?

I have a friend who had a really nice car. I thought the car looked awesome, I really liked it, i even kind of wanted one like it, but at no point did I begin to conspire within myself to get his car away from him. Therefore no lust/covetousness occured. I think it’s quite similar with the look with lust controversy.

Ps. if you’re upset with me for comparing women to cars go look up Exodus 20:17... it could have been worse :p
Exactly!

Yes! I guess it depends on your definition of hot. For me hot is “dang.... I want that” lol
That’s a good thing to remember on the forum. What one thing means to one person, does not mean the same to another.

I mostly agree. This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. To me there is a difference between someone saying, "You have a beautiful wife" and "Your wife is hot". To me the second denotes a desiring where the first is recognizing physical beauty. In the OP the word "hot" was used and so I think I took it as a form of desire rather than simply recognizing beauty
As evidenced MANY times on this forum, words mean different things to different people. :) But I understand where you're coming from in regards to this one. It's not my thought process, but I get how another could see it that way.

As evidenced MANY times on this forum, words mean different things to different people. :) But I understand where you're coming from in regards to this one. It's not my thought process, but I get how another could see it that way.
Yeah. :)
Now that I'm all caught up with how others have a different definition of hot I'm with y'all.
Is there a word that others have (if not the word hot) that encapsulates the concept of strong desire to have? A word that would cause offence if they called your wife that word?

Last edited:
'She was a fast machine...'
Well thanx!

How long will it be before I get those American thighs out of my head?

Now that I'm all caught up with how others have a different definition of hot I'm with y'all.
HAHA! +1 for team HOT!!!! :D

Is there a word that others have (if not the word hot) that encapsulates the concept of strong desire to have?
I think this would be conveyed more in action and deed than in word, with the exception of "Man! I really want her (speaking of a married woman)." Maybe "want" is the word you're looking for. :)

A word that would cause offence if they called your wife that word?
I can't think of anything that would cause offense. I'm not one to take offense at mere words AND another man's words, in this scenario, have no bearing or influence on me unless I allow them to and concede that power. People, in general, take offense WAY to easily. :)

Back