• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

1 corinthians 9:19-23

Now about what he commanded them to teach. After His resurrection, before He ascended, Jesus had just spent forty days under the new covenant teaching the Disciples. It is these teachings that He was referring to. These were the teachings of the new covenant. And it is these things that the Disciples then preached in Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Before the crucifixion Jesus said in Matthew 10:5-6 KJV
[5] “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: [6] But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
After the resurrection He now sends them to Samaria and the whole world. Old covenant, law of Moses, Israel. New covenant, better promises, whole world.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. — Matthew 7:21-27 KJV

I will simply reaffirm what I have said before, when you take the words of Jesus as the ultimate arbiter THEN read the letters of the apostles things are very clear. The issue is when one takes doctrine THEN frames the words of the apostles and THEN the words of Jesus within those doctrines all twisting is possible.

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king. — 1 Samuel 15:22-23 KJV

Absolutely false. We’re told it’s powerless and don’t worry about finding out if a meat was sacrificed to an idol, but Paul explicitly says not to eat it if you know that it was. As always he’s killing multiple birds with multiple stones fired all at once.

If you read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 10, it is evident that he is speaking of partaking in the worship of demons Intentionally. If one is just eating the food as food then it’s origin is irrelevant. It only matters in regard to the conscience of others, not your own conscience.

these sayings of mine, and doeth them not,

”22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” Luke 18:21-22

Are you being obedient to everything Christ commanded?

”22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” Luke 18:21-22

Are you being obedient to everything Christ commanded?
And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need. — Acts 2:42-45 KJV

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any [of them] that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. — Acts 4:32 KJV

Shaul/Paul warned in II Col. 11:4 that there would come a time when some would come "preaching another jesus, whom we have NOT preached," and that he was concerned, even just a few years after the Torah Made Flesh walked the earth with them, that "you might well put up with it."

This thread has showed that he was right.

Yahushua Himself (the Real One) said that He in fact, came not to bring "peace, but a sword."

And since His Word - all of it - is described as a "sharp, double-edged sword," even that can't be wished away with modern fuzzy 'spiritualization."

We are now, undeniably I would argue, seeing the wicked fruit of when "torah-less-ness abounds." If the "LAW" has really been 'done away with' by what I contend history, prophecy, and Scripture make clear are the descendants of Aholah and Aholabah, the two whoring wives put away for cause, now the "Whore Church," and "Whore Synagogue," it should be clear that His warnings of judgment in that not-so-done-away-with sets of curses at the ends of the Books of BOTH Leviticus and Deuteronomy and not only "coming to a theater near you," but are In-Progress.

So in this week's Sabbath Day Torah teaching and midrash, I make the point that it is no longer possible to ignore that consequences of that 'doctrine of demons.'

Here is a survey of why "in such a time as this," it has NEVER been more vital to understand Who we serve. Because it really is a matter of choice; between "life and blessing, or death and cursing":

If you read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 10, it is evident that he is speaking of partaking in the worship of demons Intentionally. If one is just eating the food as food then it’s origin is irrelevant. It only matters in regard to the conscience of others, not your own conscience.
It says don’t eat it. The why is irrelevant.

If the why is irrelevant and it says don't eat it. Does it say "never eat it"? Let us see what God in His word instructs us....

1 Corinthians 10

23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
24Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor.
This is about seeking the good of one's neighbor even if it's "lawful" to eat the thing set before you. That Greek word means exactly that, "fulfilling the law". Who's law may we ask is being fulfilled? The Law of Christ. His apostle has submitted instruction to us from God Himself. This is plain language and should be taken seriously and not eisegeted out of existence because it doesn't fit a particular worldview that "feels" right.
25Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake;
26for the earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains.
27If one of the unbelievers invites you and you want to go, eat anything that is set before you without asking questions for conscience’ sake.
This instructs us to eat anything that is set before us without even asking because the earth is the Lord's and all it contains. So eat. That's the instruction.
28But if anyone says to you, “This is meat sacrificed to idols,” do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for conscience’ sake;
29I mean not your own conscience, but the other man’s; for why is my freedom judged by another’s conscience?
30If I partake with thankfulness, why am I slandered concerning that for which I give thanks?
31Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
32Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;
33just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of the many, so that they may be saved.
Then after we are instructed to eat and not worry about it. We are instructed to NOT eat for the sake of whom? Our neighbor who would be offended in his own conscience. This is very important to understand... I've heard very disturbing things from Torah keepers. That those who don't keep Torah are not neighbors, we are outsiders, goyim, heathen, even the "whore church" and unbelievably even worse slander. Here we have the Word of God instructing those who obey and follow God to understand that even unbelievers are your neighbor, and that you are instructed TO EAT meat without even questioning if it was sacrificed to idols. And the purpose is to bridge the gap, to reach out and be kind and gracious to unbelievers. To not act as if you were holier than they, and more righteous than they. For the purpose that they may be saved.

If I'm wrong in this breakdown please show me how the text isn't plain and clear on this matter.

If the why is irrelevant and it says don't eat it. Does it say "never eat it"? Let us see what God in His word instructs us....

This is about seeking the good of one's neighbor even if it's "lawful" to eat the thing set before you. That Greek word means exactly that, "fulfilling the law". Who's law may we ask is being fulfilled? The Law of Christ. His apostle has submitted instruction to us from God Himself. This is plain language and should be taken seriously and not eisegeted out of existence because it doesn't fit a particular worldview that "feels" right.

This instructs us to eat anything that is set before us without even asking because the earth is the Lord's and all it contains. So eat. That's the instruction.

Then after we are instructed to eat and not worry about it. We are instructed to NOT eat for the sake of whom? Our neighbor who would be offended in his own conscience. This is very important to understand... I've heard very disturbing things from Torah keepers. That those who don't keep Torah are not neighbors, we are outsiders, goyim, heathen, even the "whore church" and unbelievably even worse slander. Here we have the Word of God instructing those who obey and follow God to understand that even unbelievers are your neighbor, and that you are instructed TO EAT meat without even questioning if it was sacrificed to idols. And the purpose is to bridge the gap, to reach out and be kind and gracious to unbelievers. To not act as if you were holier than they, and more righteous than they. For the purpose that they may be saved.

If I'm wrong in this breakdown please show me how the text isn't plain and clear on this matter.
It is clear. Don’t eat meat you know was sacrificed to an idol. Your neighbor no longer factors in once you know that the nest was sacrificed to idols.

It is clear. Don’t eat meat you know was sacrificed to an idol. Your neighbor no longer factors in once you know that the nest was sacrificed to idols.
Are we reading two different passages? It says to eat the food first.
Here's the verses again where it specifically instructs us to eat.

25Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake;
26for the earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains.
27If one of the unbelievers invites you and you want to go, eat anything that is set before you without asking questions for conscience’ sake.

Oh, good grief. Anybody here actually bother to do a word search for the Greek word rendered "lawful"? See the conflation in the uses? If not, don't bother. But if so, read the rest.

Here's the verses again where it specifically instructs us to eat.

Getcha some'dat GMO-corn fed, hormone-laced, mRNA-modifed pork and pound it down.

What could possibly go wrong?

And ya gotta jes LOVE this:

Is dead baby meat OK, then, too?

(And, please, don't insult the honest searcher's intelligence any more by saying it CAN'T POSSIBLY mean THAT, after just railing that it MUST! 'Cause it's GOT to be Right.)

Do you have to do that often?
The truth doesn't mind being questioned. It is the glory of God to hide a matter and the glory of man to discover it. The why is always relevant, as you have seen through the example I just gave you through that setup. You saw for yourself how twisted it is to not be allowed to ask why. I encourage you to always be searching and asking why. And don't discourage someone else from asking why and searching out the meaning of God's words. He blesses those efforts. Finding the reason why will often shed light on deceptions within ourselves that we didn't know existed. However, the devil knows they exist, and he puts that fear in us so that we avoid pursuing the answers. The only "why" to discourage is the one asked in bad faith without truly wanting to know the answer.

Back