• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

1st Wives...YOU WILL loose your husbands

After reading these posts, and especially the one by Chaplain Rose, I want to make maybe a few remarks. I don't know a lot and I want to know more. I think about it like this. Is it not true that when a woman loves a man she wants to do whatever it is to make him happy. Every woman has emotions and I'm told that he needs to help her work through these emotions, not put a lid on them. If that were to happen, is it not possible that that would help her understand better? Also if I'm learning right, and I know this can only happen as the good Lord helps her to understand, but would this not cause her husband to love her even more? It is not that he is replacing her,it is not that he just wants to be intimate with a different woman. It is that he sees a great need for women to be cared for, protected and, I think the bible calls it a covering. It ain"t that he one day decided to stop loving her, as that will not happen. I know I have trouble wording my questions in a better way, so I hope I'm getting my thought across. I too, Thank Chaplain Rose for a really good post. God bless you and your husband. I have a lot more things to talk about bur i've said enough for now. Thank you Rose! I really enjoyed your post.

"would this not cause her husband to love her even more?"

The scriptures command a man to love his wife, and for a woman to obey and submit to her husband. When these things are present in a marriage, monogamous or polygyneous, there is unity. So to answer your question...absolutely yes! Unfortunately the world and our "modern" society teaches women just the opposite. The most obvious evidence is the divorce rate before and after feminism, within and outside of religion.

I too loved Rose's post:) Our society has made it so simple to dissolve a marraige, I even heard on the Today show this week that a divorce is just like a business agreement! HOW SAD IS THAT!!! It is harder to get a license to cut hair than it is to get a piece of paper from the government that makes us promise to uphold our marriage's in the most honorable fashion. I have women who ask me if I "work"...my answer is why yes...I have five chidren and a husband...oh the eye rolls! To me personally there is no more important role than to be the caregiver of my children and the helpmate to my husband. Was I raised that way...um...NO. Am I the most submissive wife on the planet...that would be another negative. But, my husband is the head of the household and I respect and honor his decisions as such. I would not want that position...it just seems unnatural to me. Does he discuss things with me...why yes, but he KNOWS me and he knows how impulsive I can be. I NEED him to be the voice of authority when my mind has flights of fancy, which generally involves some sale at a store I have NO business going into! Seriously though, we should respect our husbands for their place at the heads of our tables, in turn our husbands should respect us wives for placing everything on and everyone around that table. If there is no mutual respect in a marriage, it isn't much of one. Please excuse me if I am rambling...that is my biggest fault...I just LOVE to talk!lol

PolyDoc said:
I agree completely. And here is why:"
Joshua 9:3-6 NKJV But when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done to Jericho and Ai, (4) they worked craftily, and went and pretended to be ambassadors. And they took old sacks on their donkeys, old wineskins torn and mended, (5) old and patched sandals on their feet, and old garments on themselves; and all the bread of their provision was dry and moldy. (6) And they went to Joshua, to the camp at Gilgal, and said to him and to the men of Israel, 'We have come from a far country; now therefore, make a covenant with us.' "
"The Elders of Israel, including Joshua, were deceived by the Gibeonites and entered into a treaty (covenant) with them based on that deception. And God required them to keep their treaty with Gibeon, even to the point of going to their rescue when the Gibeonites were attacked by a coalition of five kings, as recorded in Joshua chapter 10."
That's precisely the example I use as well.

Back