• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

20 tonnes of tnt

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
In light of ongoing developments in Syria that could potentially spark WWIII, I present Flanders and Swann on a serious note.
This is probably my favourite classic anti-war song. The more you listen to it, the more depth of meaning you find in each line.
It has a number of anti-Christian lyrics, but from the perspective of the secular authors their major point is "despite everything that has gone into our culture, look where we have ended up" rather than a criticism of Christianity per-se.

20 tons would be 40,000 lbs, but who is counting?

20 tons would be 40,000 lbs, but who is counting?
Actually 44,800 pounds, because they're British. Different tons, just to confuse. This is why sensible countries use the metric system. :)

They're just keeping the "20" number going. Also "20 hundred years", which doesn't actually include Plato, but they're not that worried about the maths there either!

I think we're overanalysing it now...

Actually 44,800 pounds, because they're British. Different tons, just to confuse. This is why sensible countries use the metric system. :)

They're just keeping the "20" number going. Also "20 hundred years", which doesn't actually include Plato, but they're not that worried about the maths there either!

I think we're overanalysing it now...

I think you mean "that's why countries that haven't been to the moon use the metric system."

NASA used the metric system to get to the moon. The Apollo mission guidance computer actually used metric units in all its calculations, but it had to convert the data to imperial when displaying it so American astronauts could understand it. True story.
By 1990, NASA had trained the astronauts well enough to move them to metric also.
In fact, NASA lost a Mars orbiter in 1999 because NASA was using metric units, but Lockhead Martin was still using Imperial, and that mixup ended up killing the machine.
Wrong example @ZecAustin... :)

Wrong Example @FollowingHim because all space travel is fabricated in a Hollywood studio. Space travel is a figment of the Imagination. A vicious rumor started by the CIA for the purpose of propagating propaganda. The world is Flat, Flat I tell you.......J/K

NASA used the metric system to get to the moon. The Apollo mission guidance computer actually used metric units in all its calculations, but it had to convert the data to imperial when displaying it so American astronauts could understand it. True story.
By 1990, NASA had trained the astronauts well enough to move them to metric also.
In fact, NASA lost a Mars orbiter in 1999 because NASA was using metric units, but Lockhead Martin was still using Imperial, and that mixup ended up killing the machine.
Wrong example @ZecAustin... :)

NASA didn't go to the moon. A bunch of red blooded American fighter pilots who pumped gallons and drove miles went to the moon.

One ruler to judge them all? Metric is globalist and therefore anti-Christ. Long live imperial units! ;)
Merriam-Websters Definition of imperial
1 a: of, relating to, befitting, or suggestive of an empire or an emperor
b (1) : of or relating to the United Kingdom as distinguished from the constituent parts
(2) : of or relating to the Commonwealth of Nations and British Empire
:cool:

Back to the video: For those who have not yet discovered the joys of Flanders and Swann, here's my children's favourite song. Spot the polygamy reference...

Every time Yall say Imperial this is what plays in my Mind

Flanders and Swan would never have had to be worried about being eaten by cannibals. Everybody knows comedians taste funny.

And back to the original topic: Trump's now tweeting that he's about to fire missiles at Syria, and calling Assad a "gas killing animal", without any evidence. Russia's promising to strike the "launch pads" of those missiles if he does (ie US warships).
Even the BBC is openly asking as a top headline today "Are we heading for a third world war?" The video's not actually worth watching, it's just confusing the issue by mashing together out-of-context quotes from disagreeing people. But once the bastions of the mainstream are starting to ask that, it's not just a fringe opinion.
The world's going mad. This may not erupt into war today, but it's as close as it's ever been.

How much of this do you think is optics against the Russia Trump collusion thing?

The last time he fired missiles at Syria it was pretty much just empty grandstanding; even giving Russia a heads up.

Although Russia promising to hit the launch pads is a worrying development.

For the past 6 months I've avoided the news as much as possible and get most of my news second hand through a certain YouTube show. I've been watching this. I'm not one to sound the alarm every time the leaves rustle but this time feels different.

Back