• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2008 Texas retreat - October

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
We have a lot of people who have expressed interest in attending the Dallas-area retreat in October. I'm starting this new thread for us to discuss it, and build interest, and find out who else is planning/thinking about coming. Chat away! BTW, no location is firm yet, we are looking into the possiblity of a retreat center/camp, as opposed to just a hotel location.

Count me in!

Wow, nobody from the 8 or so "I want to attend" emails we've gotten has posted here yet - add most of them (hopefully).

I intend to bring my entire family.

To plagiarize from "Jaws": We're gonna need a bigger boat.

The wife and I will be there as well. Have already been praying for this event and am expecting the Lord to bring about a mighty blessing on all who attend.

My wife and I are planning to attend as well. We've already scheduled time off work and are looking forward to meeting everyone there!

David

More details on this retreat will be forthcoming in August, but here's a question for you all:

Would having a non-hotel option be important to you: perhaps a camping, and a "shelter" rental - where you bring your own sleeping bag/bedding for less money?
We're looking at a location that would allow this, though we would need to rent the meeting room also - there would still be hotels fairly close by for those that prefer (or need it, if flying in - like ourselves.)
Give us your opinion - reply here, or email to Pastor Randy and myself.

Nathan7 said:
More details on this retreat will be forthcoming in August, but here's a question for you all:

Would having a non-hotel option be important to you: perhaps a camping, and a "shelter" rental - where you bring your own sleeping bag/bedding for less money?
We're looking at a location that would allow this, though we would need to rent the meeting room also - there would still be hotels fairly close by for those that prefer (or need it, if flying in - like ourselves.)
Give us your opinion - reply here, or email to Pastor Randy and myself.

This is very exciting. God is uniting hearts, people are encouraged and refreshed. I look forward to seeing everyone there...

Please let us know what you think about what Nathan has shared. We need to confirm this place soon!

Randy and Nathan,
Before I can commit to staying at such a place, I need more info. such as where it is, what type of facilities that we will stay in, cost, etc. I camp enough in my tent throughout the year at the re-enactments I attend, so would not be interested in tent camping. If they offer individual cabins or cabins with 2 or more private rooms then that is ok, but still need where and cost, etc. As far as the group meeting, I think at a camp ground / meeting lodge on a lake would be great. I know for me,due to the way that I work ( which is not like everybody else here )I would like this info as soon as possible so that the wife and I can finalize our time off and we can budget this event. Due to my and her work schedule, we need to have info and plan events we attend, several weeks and up to a year in advance, to get the time off and the funds together to attend.

THANKS for all that y'all are doing!!!!!!!! May God Bless this event!!

Important Texas retreat update! - October 10-12

We have some very important news:

Pastor Randy’s employer has recently given him what appears to be a “must attend” commitment for the weekend the retreat was scheduled for: Oct 24-26th. Moving the retreat to a later date is not really an option – as Pastor Randy will be out of the country for an extended time starting shortly thereafter (same employer – perhaps you can read between the lines here).

We hope that nobody has made irreversible plans yet (airplane tickets) – if you have please let us know (we've now contacted most who let us know they were coming, and haven't heard of anyone who had yet). It doesn't make sense to meet in Texas if Pastor Randy can’t be with us.

The only alternative we see currently is October 10-12. That’s just 6 weeks from this coming weekend. If enough of us can still make it, we would like to proceed with that date.

We apologize profusely for any inconvenience, and to any who may not now be able to attend. In the future we will get more input from people and set our dates 6 months ahead and stick to them – when we are bigger and better organized (2009/2010).

If you were planning on coming, but cannot on the new dates, please drop us an email and let us know: staff@biblicalfamilies.org
If you are now able to come (or hope to), please let us know also.

Thanks much for bearing with us while we get on our feet, we look forward to meeting many of you, if not in October, then next year.

Re: Important Texas retreat update! - October 10-12

I am in Huntsville Texas and I would hope to get a ride there...and place to stay.

Nathan7 said:

Pastor Randy’s employer has recently given him what appears to be a “must attend” commitment for the weekend the retreat was scheduled for: Oct 24-26th. Moving the retreat to a later date is not really an option – as Pastor Randy will be out of the country for an extended time starting shortly thereafter (same employer – perhaps you can read between the lines here).

We hope that nobody has made irreversible plans yet (airplane tickets) – if you have please let us know (we've now contacted most who let us know they were coming, and haven't heard of anyone who had yet). It doesn't make sense to meet in Texas if Pastor Randy can’t be with us.

The only alternative we see currently is October 10-12. That’s just 6 weeks from this coming weekend. If enough of us can still make it, we would like to proceed with that date.

We apologize profusely for any inconvenience, and to any who may not now be able to attend. In the future we will get more input from people and set our dates 6 months ahead and stick to them – when we are bigger and better organized (2009/2010).

If you were planning on coming, but cannot on the new dates, please drop us an email and let us know: staff@biblicalfamilies.org

Thanks much for bearing with us while we get on our feet, we look forward to meeting many of you, if not in October, then next year.

You know, Feast of Tabernacles looks to be falling around Oct 15th, I could possibly alter my plans to go to Texas instead of Missouri....
When again is this retreat?

Re: Important Texas retreat update! - October 10-12

DavidKR said:
I am in Huntsville Texas and I would hope to get a ride there...and place to stay.

Nathan7 said:

Hey David,

Where exactly is Huntsville, and do you have other family members coming with you?

The retreat will be held October 10-12

Got a suggestion on some "off site" fun. There is a place in Dallas called Medieval Times. Brother Nathan, you have one down in Orlando. It is a dinner theater of sorts in that you site around an open arena and see knights joust, have sword fights, etc. You are seated in color coded areas and are to support your color knight. It is a little pricey,but for the price, you get a lot of entertainment and a meal is included, which usually consist of a couple pieces of rib, some baked chicken, a bowl of soup, a half baked potato and I forget what else. It has been just a few years since Chaplains Rose and I went. When we went to Dallas on any trip, we as a family would always go for it was a lot of fun.

That does sound like fun, but I bet people will be too busy visiting! (Maybe you can organize it for Sunday night, for those who can stay then.)
Also, we have retreat details nailed down - watch for an email before midnight tonight!

Our premier Biblical Families event is just 4 weeks away! We cannot wait to meet new (and old) friends, fellowship together, encourage each other, and worship the Lord!

Many have been asking about details, and we’ve been scrambling with the date change (and being up against the Texas-OU football game weekend! – which really impacted the hotel situation) to nail them down, and here they are.

We are very excited about this retreat. The theme of this retreat is "The Biblical Way". Some of the topics we will be covering are...

1. Polygyny is not for babies.
2. The truth about marital ownership.
3. What is "The Biblical Way"?

This is going to be a great time of encouragement, fellowship, worship and learning. – Pastor Randy
Schedule (October 10th – 12th):

Friday:
7:00pm-10:00pm Meet and Greet (including "get to know each other" activities)
Some of us may meet at 5pm and go to dinner together – let us know if you want to be included in those plans

Saturday:
9:00am - 9:30am Prayer
9:30am - 10:30am Session One
10:30am - 10:45am Break
10:45am - 11:45am Session Two (Inter Active Relationship Building Activities)
11:45am - 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm - 3:00pm Session Three (Men and Women Breakout sessions)
3:00pm - 6:30pm Free time - fellowship - supper (meeting room still open and available)
6:30pm - 7:00pm Prayer
7:00pm - 8:00pm Session Four
8:00pm - 9:00pm Special Event

Sunday:
9:30am Prayer
10:00am-?? Worship Service
Lunch together for those who desire, then afternoon fellowship, as people say goodbye – which is always hard. Stay until supper if you can!

Retreat details

After you finalize your plans, you MUST email us at staff@biblicalfamilies.org , so that we know you are coming – please list the number of adults and number of children, and children’s ages. And state when you expect to arrive. This is what counts as retreat registration.
If you won’t know until the last week whether you can definitely make it, please email us and let us know that you are trying, that’s helpful to our planning.

We will meet in the meeting room at a hotel very near the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. Please email us for hotel details: nathan@biblicalfamilies.org

The hotel includes free wireless Internet, free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an airport shuttle. There are a number of restaurants within a mile of the hotel.

We have a divided meeting room, and will be able to have some children’s activities separately (and the older kids are welcome to swim with your permission, and perhaps use a hotel room). If you have children, please think about some activities/games/books/movies that you can bring along – and we will be asking families with children (and those who want to volunteer) to sign up for a period to help watch children. If everybody helps, it should go smoothly. (Eventually we may be able to get outside help with the children – but that may not be an option yet this retreat.)

If you have any questions please ask! nathan@biblicalfamilies.org or staff@biblicalfamilies.org

Please note that rather than charge for the retreat, we prefer to take an offering to cover the costs of the meeting room and other expenses.

I think we can guarantee that everyone will be blessed, if they come ready to share, learn, and grow in the knowledge of the Lord and His plan for our families. Don’t come expecting to meet people who are just like you – but people who do love the Lord very much!

Hey Guys.......Y'all may wish to wait until either this afternoon or tomorrow to start making your reservations at the host hotel. Called this morning ( 10:15 central Time ) and they do not have our room rate up yet. Will post an update when they call me back once it is posted.

For those that might wish to go to Medieval Times Sunday night.....you can go to http://www.medievaltimes.com and see what it is all about and what the ticket prices are. They also list whats on the menu.

update----as of 4:00 PM CST you can call for your reservations

Thanks Chaplain, I didn't realize it wouldn't be available immediately. We also just learned to today that they will only promise to honor the rate until 2 weeks before (so Sept 26th). They may give the $75 rate after that if they have rooms, but they don't have to.

So be warned, and make your plans now.

Back