• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2008 Texas retreat - October

Pastor Randy and I explored the location a little bit today and we like it. The hotel is beautiful. The breakfast area is like a small restaurant and there are all kinds of little nooks for sitting and talking. The facility looks beautiful. There is a Benigan's restaurant in the hotel parking lot (yes,it is open). And we have directions for several restaurants. We will look for some shopping areas so that we can do that in free time if we want to. We found a beautiful park with a walking path and playground for the kids. The weather should be beautiful in October.

We are so looking forward to this retreat.
We can't wait to meet all of you.

Sweet Lissa

Hello all! I'm new here to this board, but many of you may know me from the Sisterwives site. I just wanted to inform you all of the State Park in Cedar Hill, TX. It sits on Joe Pool Lake in a southern suburb of Dallas. I believe it would be about 25-30 minutes from the Hotel in Irving. The cost of lodging is $20 a night which includes water and electricity, and its $5 per person at each campsite. You can visit the website at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us. I hope this helps!

Peace

Thank you for the information Nicola. We are new to the state and didn't even know where to begin. I am hoping that in the future we will have an easier time of things because we will grow more familiar with this state.

Sweet Lissa

I know for myself that I am looking forward to getting to meet those who are going to the retreat. It will be great to put names and faces and families together. I am getting more and more excited as the time gets nearer. I keep telling The Chaplain every time he comes home its a week closer for us to go to the retreat. Our weeks are measured different because when we say next week , we know it means when he is home. He comes home Thursday and then it will be only one week in our time to see all of you who are coming. I am looking forward to the Bible Study as well as the Fellowship.

2 weeks people.......In 2 weeks from today, I am hoping and praying for the Spirit of and the Blessings of Yahweh to be poured out upon all of us who will be at the Dallas retreat, and am expecting mighty things to happen in my and Chaplains Rose's lives as well as all the others there.

If the retreat was the weekend of October 25th, I would of had a ride from Huntsville, TX. But now I don't have one at all, so I will miss out on the fun.
David :x

Nathan7 said:
We have a lot of people who have expressed interest in attending the Dallas-area retreat in October. I'm starting this new thread for us to discuss it, and build interest, and find out who else is planning/thinking about coming. Chat away! BTW, no location is firm yet, we are looking into the possiblity of a retreat center/camp, as opposed to just a hotel location.

Brother David,
Sorry you missed it.

My other Brother David ( Paris, Tx ) Sure wish you could have come. was looking forward to meeting you. All I can say about this retreat is WOW. Had a great time and looking forward to the next one. It was great meeting everyone and had some great fellowship, share time between the ladies only and guys only, and some good worship. Pastor randy brought some wonderful words to our studies and worship time. The special event today ( Sunday ) with Lissa and DaPastor was very touching. I was honored to have been a part of it. Will be hitting the road back to the Black Bayou in the morning so please keep us in your prayers.

Also....Please pray for future retreats. We all shared things this weekend and feel that the Lord is going to bless this ministry in some wonderful ways.

I'm sitting here finally having some "down time" in our hotel room in Dallas, after the retreat here - we have to get up at 5am for the flight home. We had a wonderful meeting new friends and fellowshipping with old and new friends. I literally flicked the lights in the room off and on at 11:30p Friday to get people to break up so we could start again Saturday morning. A standard comment was: I just feel "at home". A highlight was getting to meet Chaplain and Chaplain's Rose - I've met a lot of Christians interested in plural marriage over the last 12 years - but let me tell you folks, here is a couple who are "doing it right". Waiting on God and his timing, and not forcing the issue - we could all learn from them.

4 families from the Dallas area were represented, so a Dallas-area local fellowship is a definite possibility in the future. I still believe we are planting the seeds for much larger get-togethers in the near future. We need to be prepared. We need your help, if God is leading you to be a part.

A retreat schedule for 2009 is forming - I will post potential dates in just a few days, and we allow a few weeks for input before finalizing dates.

Thanks again to all who were able to make it, and to those who haven't yet: be praying about being a part in the Spring!

Well, Chaplain,
Maybe we can arrange something that will help us all meet and I would like in on that.
David of Huntsville.
I am working on my MBA, but I have to pass the GMAT exam. Meanwhile, I am trying to collect soda pop tabs to turn that into cash and then put that into foreign exchange...and therefore turn that to get into green entergy transport system that will benifet us all.
--------------------------

Chaplain said:
Brother David,
Sorry you missed it.

My other Brother David ( Paris, Tx ) Sure wish you could have come. was looking forward to meeting you. All I can say about this retreat is WOW. Had a great time and looking forward to the next one. It was great meeting everyone and had some great fellowship, share time between the ladies only and guys only, and some good worship. Pastor randy brought some wonderful words to our studies and worship time. The special event today ( Sunday ) with Lissa and DaPastor was very touching. I was honored to have been a part of it. Will be hitting the road back to the Black Bayou in the morning so please keep us in your prayers.

Also....Please pray for future retreats. We all shared things this weekend and feel that the Lord is going to bless this ministry in some wonderful ways.

The retreat was definately awesome. It was great to get to meet Chaplain & Chaplain's Rose, John & Emily, and everyone else as well as get to see old friends again. I agree with Nathan in that Chaplain and Chaplain's Rose are taking the most efficient approach to plural marriage. I can't wait until the next reatreat. Hopefully we'll be able to meet alot more new people and re-connect with those we have already met.

I would ask that everyone be in prayer for John and Emily. Lift them up to Yahuweh to bless them. And continue to pray for this ministry so that we may be able to reach out to more of those in plural marriages and those that believe in and understand the truth of plural marriage. I know what it feels like when it seems as though you're all alone, but rest assured that you're not.

Hello everyone,
I want to put in my two cents worth. This was my third retreat and it blessed me more than I can even say. Of course we missed the people who couldn't be there but we know that in their hearts they were with us. I was so happy to finally meet Chaplain's Rose, who I have come to consider a dear friend. Chaplain was just as I had imagined him and they are both salt of the earth type people. We met a few new people who live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and that was wonderful. It is so nice to know that we can meet face to face sometimes. I hope that the DFW contingent can continue to meet and grow together.

It is always a blessing to see Todd, Nathan, Julie and welltan.
I believe that although the numbers at this meeting were small, the people who came were the people that God wanted there. I think most of us walked away with what we came for or at least, what God intended for us.

I agree with Todd wholeheartedly about continued prayer for John and Emily.

Oh, and for anyone who remembers, I PASSED ALGEBRA. God is soooooooo good.

Love
Sweet Lissa

Yeah, Lissa! Congratulations on passing Algerbra.

I have been or hosted many retreats in the past and I am always blessed with the quality of people that God puts in our path. The phrase, "I feel so much at home" is continually said at all retreats for sure. I think it is a gift God puts in our midst whenever like minded believers get together. (Especially, those who are going against the flow so much of the time.) I encourage all that are reading this list to make plans to attend at least one retreat next year. You will not regret it!

I too have to say how much I enjoyed meeting Chaplain and Chaplain's Rose. I get a big smile on my face now whenever I read your postings. Thank you for sharing yourselves with us.

Julieb

Hey to one and all,
I have finally had time to send my thoughts about the retreat. In other words The Chaplain has gone back to work and I now have control of the computer :lol: .. giggles... just kidding sweetie.
I had a very blessed time and met some wonderful and caring people who just happen to believe in plural marriage. It was great to put faces with the names on the message board. I encourage one and all when you are able to go to a retreat even just go!!! It is well worth the travel time.

I am usually not a people person and I tend to keep to myself and to stay where its safe and hang around with people I already know. I did not feel the need to hang back because I felt as if I knew everyone there. It felt like I was with friends that I have known a long time.

i was glad to finally have met face to face with Lissa. We were close friends from the internet that finally got to meet. She is full of energy and there is never a dull moment when Lissa is around . Julie you have such a sweet and loving spirit about you. She was the mom of the bunch of us and she is an encourager and a true giver of herself. Emily was very open has her hands full with two little ones. She has a lot of love and insights to share with the rest of us.

It was also great to meet with other Godly men and see how they are living the life of plural marriage. They are the first to tell you that they love both their wives and that is refreshing . Nathan is a very giving man and shared his ups and downs in being married to two women but shows what love and commitment are about. Randy is a true man of God who has a unique sense of humor. He makes me smile and laugh. John is very open and honest about his life and shared his heart with us. He is very witty but has a big heart. Todd is young in age but has an old maturity about him. He is open to God's leading on his life and follows God with his whole heart. Todd has not found the woman or women that God has for him but with God's help we hope he does soon. Welltan is a man who is doesn't speak a lot but when he does you know he has something to say. He is also a Godly man who lets the Spirit of God move him and share with others around him. He doesn't have a prospect as of yet but God will lead you to the one for you.

I thank yall for the kind words that were spoken about me and my Chaplain. I hope to be able to share more at the spring retreat about how far our journey has gone in quest to add my best friend to our family. I am truly blessed to have met like-minded Godly people. and look forward to meeting more of you in the near future. I did not mean to write a book :D but God had placed so much on my heart that I had to share some of them with yall.

Last but not least a big wooooo hooooooo for my sister and friend in Christ for passing her algebra and thanks for the math minds who helped her!!!!!

Back