• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

3 wife less likely to think your a creeper?

Or worse, finding a woman and she would rather be a mistress than a wife....
In this modern world my hubby is sure he could find women willing to sleep with him. Him being married really only puts off a gal who is looking to marry.

A married man looking to marry tends to creep out the monogamy only ladies that are looking for marriage and have "standards" (read that feminist ideals) and the woman most likely to be interested in a married man lacks "standards" (as in does casual relationships).
Neither is optimum wife material. Though I think either sort of woman could make a change and make good on a committed relationship, it's a bit of a gamble. Too often when the goin' gets tough......the word commitment gets redefined.

In this modern world my hubby is sure he could find women willing to sleep with him. Him being married really only puts off a gal who is looking to marry.

A married man looking to marry tends to creep out the monogamy only ladies that are looking for marriage and have "standards" (read that feminist ideals) and the woman most likely to be interested in a married man lacks "standards" (as in does casual relationships).
Neither is optimum wife material. Though I think either sort of woman could make a change and make good on a committed relationship, it's a bit of a gamble. Too often when the goin' gets tough......the word commitment gets redefined.

100% agree with all of that.

Yes! I agree. That’s why God tells us not to take foreign wives, but daughters of isreal. Just a short supply of women that are worshiping in spirit and truth.

Yes! I agree. That’s why God tells us not to take foreign wives, but daughters of isreal. Just a short supply of women that are worshiping in spirit and truth.
That was referring to the Jews/Israelites. Not the Gentiles, mainly its to say we shouldn't marry other women of other beliefs. Good opportunity to convert a seeking soul.

That short supply has been created by holy wood and public school curriculums raising the next generation. I have nieces that I love, but they grew up letting TV mould their world view. One seems to be against outlawing abortion because "You will never get rid of abortion, only safe abortion" as if killing someone is ever "safe" for them??? Maybe stories of girls dying from infection would scare some into not killing their baby. I dont know, but I have a hard time caring (on a logical level) about the life of a selfish person that is alive (was not aborted by her mother) who does not value the life of her own child.
I know it is evil men practicing the doctrine of Baalam on our people (make Israel sin then you can get the upper hand because their God will not be for them) that have caused this mess.....but parents dropped the ball somewhere too.

That short supply has been created by holy wood and public school curriculums raising the next generation. I have nieces that I love, but they grew up letting TV mould their world view. One seems to be against outlawing abortion because "You will never get rid of abortion, only safe abortion" as if killing someone is ever "safe" for them??? Maybe stories of girls dying from infection would scare some into not killing their baby. I dont know, but I have a hard time caring (on a logical level) about the life of a selfish person that is alive (was not aborted by her mother) who does not value the life of her own child.
I know it is evil men practicing the doctrine of Baalam on our people (make Israel sin then you can get the upper hand because their God will not be for them) that have caused this mess.....but parents dropped the ball somewhere too.

To magnify this point....this shortage applies to women inside 'the church' as much as those outside of it. They've all been raised by the same culture and cultural expectations. One need only look at the near identical divorce rates among the world and church to see evidence of this.

That was referring to the Jews/Israelites. Not the Gentiles, mainly its to say we shouldn't marry other women of other beliefs. Good opportunity to convert a seeking soul.
Ahhhhhh but when you look closer you see that the gentiles WERE Israelites!
There is much in scripture to support this.

It is a deeply personal matter who one marries. I do not see segregation commanded to anyone in the church along with the great commission.
While YHWH is the same yesterday, today and forever His commands sometimes have the reason for them given. Intermarriage with other peoples was forbidden because the peoples hearts WOULD BE TURNED from following YHWH. Later He sowed Israel through all the earth. I believe He intended for Israel to inter marry with other peoples.
For the last 2000 years faith in Yeshua/Jesus has been the one important thing to have in common with a spouse....though other differences can wreck a happy home and marriage too.

Good luck finding a girl who actually follows Jesus rather than saying every whim of her feelings must be from God.
Well, I can understand the temptation.
What has kept me here and married .....and HAPPY in my marriage is belief in the order laid out in scripture.
A hubby has the authority to disallow a vow his wife makes, or prevent her from doing what she may believe YHWH wants her to do. PERIOD!
There was a time my hubby told me I was forbidden from doing what I thought I would do....and I submitted to his authority.
My advice is either get a logical gal like me.....or be a master making a woman "feel" loved. That is not to say I don't feel loved... I just would rather not boast about how good I have it here. (I ight attract a gold digger looking for Mr perfect. And he may not be perfect for her! Lol)

Ahhhhhh but when you look closer you see that the gentiles WERE Israelites!
There is much in scripture to support this.

It is a deeply personal matter who one marries. I do not see segregation commanded to anyone in the church along with the great commission.
While YHWH is the same yesterday, today and forever His commands sometimes have the reason for them given. Intermarriage with other peoples was forbidden because the peoples hearts WOULD BE TURNED from following YHWH. Later He sowed Israel through all the earth. I believe He intended for Israel to inter marry with other peoples.
For the last 2000 years faith in Yeshua/Jesus has been the one important thing to have in common with a spouse....though other differences can wreck a happy home and marriage too.

Yes!!! I have a lot of peace in my home because of YHWH. I really wouldn’t want to bring someone in who isn’t of the faith there are many daughters of catholicism in this world. Not that one can’t communicate and witness and care about someone who is an unbeliever but marriage is serious and being yoked to someone who isn’t on a solid foundation is asking for trouble.

Yes!!! I have a lot of peace in my home because of YHWH. I really wouldn’t want to bring someone in who isn’t of the faith there are many daughters of catholicism in this world. Not that one can’t communicate and witness and care about someone who is an unbeliever but marriage is serious and being yoked to someone who isn’t on a solid foundation is asking for trouble.[/QUOTE

Your ahead of most of us then! I'd love to say "lots of peace"! But then again, I've always gotten into relationships with new Christians, that takes a lot more.... Peace keeping stradigies? Heck, everyday I'm learning new ways, thanks to God!

Your ahead of most of us then! I'd love to say "lots of peace"! But then again, I've always gotten into relationships with new Christians, that takes a lot more.... Peace keeping stradigies? Heck, everyday I'm learning new ways, thanks to God!

Well I know I have everything to do with peace not being in my home.
My wife and I rarely got along for the first 8 years of our marriage. I was not focused on God, I was chasing hobbies and fun. We were remodeling a house and it had toxic mold in the crawl and it spidered through the place with a vengeance. My wife and I became near death sick and we had to make choices, the first was to put our faith and trust in God to save us and the second was to completely change our lifestyle. We had to get rid of (for the most part take to the dump) everything we owned because it made us sick to be near, cars, furniture etc basically everything we had ever worked for. We had to leave it all, we spent the next year sick trying to detox living in a tent, then a travel trailer. Somewhere in all this mess God really changed all our hearts my family and I witness many miracles and saw Little and big glimpses of Gods amazing power and love. We decided to do things His way and are in the process of learning, the trials are far from over but the peace and unity between all of us is something I would of never thought I would see. A big breakthrough for us was when I told my wife I thought I would be marrying a second at some point. She was hurt at first but asked God to change her heart. We began to study biblical marriage and patriarchy togeather and it was like fresh water for us VS the Roman western ways.
We got so far distanced from the ways of our friends and family it can be hard to relate now.

Last edited:
My wife and I rarely got along for the first 8 years of our marriage. I was not focused on God, I was chasing hobbies and fun. We were remodeling a house and it had toxic mold in the crawl and it spidered through the place with a vengeance. My wife and I became near death sick and we had to make choices, the first was to put our faith and trust in God to save us and the second was to completely change our lifestyle. We had to get rid of (for the most part take to the dump) everything we owned because it made us sick to be near, cars, furniture etc basically everything we had ever worked for. We had to leave it all, we spent the next year sick trying to detox living in a tent, then a travel trailer. Somewhere in all this mess God really changed all our hearts my family and I witness many miracles and saw Little and big glimpses of Gods amazing power and love. We decided to do things His way and are in the process of learning, the trials are far from over but the peace and unity between all of us is something I would of never thought I would see. A big breakthrough for us was when I told my wife I thought I would be marrying a second at some point. She was hurt at first but asked God to change her heart. We began to study biblical marriage and patriarchy togeather and it was like fresh water for us VS the Roman western ways.
We got so far distanced from the ways of our friends and family it can be hard to relate now.

Togetherness in family is a beautiful thing.
I grew up with my four younger sisters and as we were all home schooled we spent most of our time together.

We have kept our children close to us during their growing up and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Thanks for sharing your journey. It sounds like you are on a very rewarding path!

Shalom and blessings!

T
Togetherness in family is a beautiful thing.
I grew up with my four younger sisters and as we were all home schooled we spent most of our time together.

We have kept our children close to us during their growing up and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Thanks for sharing your journey. It sounds like you are on a very rewarding path!

Shalom and blessings!

Thank you! I think our Journey is just getting started :) I hope it bears good fruit!!!

A big breakthrough for us was when I told my wife I thought I would be marrying a second at some point. She was hurt at first but asked God to change her heart. We began to study biblical marriage and patriarchy togeather and it was like fresh water for us VS the Roman western ways.
God proves that he can change the leopard's spots, even Roman leopards!

That's terrific to read. I went through almost exactly the same journey after a broken relationship. Lived practically homeless depending on a church friend for temp housing. I said the same thing, tiered of doing it my way, it didn't work. As a single father it changed my life in terms of faith and control being put in God instead of myself. It's great you got to do this with your wife, my 1st and I met after that journey I had. We face challenges often but I trust God to do the digging in their hearts like he did in mine, peace and progress comes in stages and can NOT be forced by the husband.

Blessings to you both!!

That's terrific to read. I went through almost exactly the same journey after a broken relationship. Lived practically homeless depending on a church friend for temp housing. I said the same thing, tiered of doing it my way, it didn't work. As a single father it changed my life in terms of faith and control being put in God instead of myself. It's great you got to do this with your wife, my 1st and I met after that journey I had. We face challenges often but I trust God to do the digging in their hearts like he did in mine, peace and progress comes in stages and can NOT be forced by the husband.

Blessings to you both!!

Thank you! Yes peace and progress came by me stepping out of the way of God working in my family, and pointing Everyone toward God. God did all the real work!!

Back