• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Answer to prayer!

Sean Miller

Male
Since my 2nd (significant other) and I lost our 9 month old son a year ago this month, we have been trying for and praying for another new little one.

We wondered why we were not getting pregnant after 6 children in the home and neither ladies were getting pregnant we started to wonder if it was due to my mother who doesn't support poly and has told us she was praying we dont get pregnant, (she claims when someone can not get pregnant they get pregnant after my mother prays over the woman). I believed she was praying against the will of God and today we have confirmed we are pregnant by 5 weeks!

We are so very excited and greatful to God for the new little life and I couldn't wait to tell someone other than the kids! Please keep us in prayer for safety and protection for the health of mom and baby!:)

Congratulations! That is great news.

Congrats!

Did you take any specific action to nullify the effect of your mother’s efforts in order to achieve pregnancy?

Congrats!

Thanks everyone! Nah, haha, i didn't pray anything other that his will be fulfilled and that requested he give us the deisre of our hearts as its according to his word after all. Go and be prosperous and multiply.... I can't imagine what my mother will think or say when I tell her. I think her words last said about us wanting to get pregnant was "I dont think you need more children". I asked her to not pray against us, but for Gods will....

Actions to nullify? Is this voodoo? I don’t think God is easily manipulated, nor that He answers the prayers of those who twist and go against His Word.
His mother was praying against any pregnancies, that is straight up witchcraft and her prayers appeared to have been working. So sure, call it voodoo and laugh.
He counteracted her prayers by praying that God’s will be done. Boom, change that we can believe in.

His mother was praying against any pregnancies, that is straight up witchcraft and her prayers appeared to have been working. So sure, call it voodoo and laugh.
He counteracted her prayers by praying that God’s will be done. Boom, change that we can believe in.
You make God sound like “the force” from “Star Wars”. Who is this pathetic dweeb of a being who can be bamboozled and manipulated by the will of human beings?? The God of The Scriptures is all powerful, all knowing, and omnipresent and He intercedes on our behalf day and night. He watches over us constantly. Nothing can happen to us without His allowing it.

I won’t engage in verbal fisticuffs on Sean’s celebratory thread.

Shucks, I’m old as dirt and rather spindly.

Steve, I see what your saying, we do not know though if that was the cause thats why I mentioned "we wondered".... I do not know why or how God would answer such a prayer so I see what asforme&myhouse is saying as well. There were some other factors as well that may have played a factor in it such as a medication I took for a few months that can affect things. Either way we do not know what was the reason for the difficulty but we are happy that our prayer was answered and my mothers was not..... It goes to disprove her belief on being able to prevent what she didnt think or want us to have.

Back