• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Answer to prayer!

. I do not know why or how God would answer such a prayer
Nobody said that God was answering her prayers.
I specifically used the word witchcraft for a reason. The enemy can answer prayers within his limited powers and will do so if it will hinder YHWH ‘s Kingdom in any way. Christians often make mistakes when they have bitterness, anger, and other bad emotions operating in their lives.
Ephesians 6:11 (KJV)
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Why are we told to stand against him if YHWH protects as and we are immune to his machinations?
You, maybe inadvertently, stood against his carrying out your mothers prayers and resumed the life that YHWH has for you.

Am I calling your mother a witch? Not at all, but praying evil against someone is crossing a line that the enemy loves to exploit.
What people don’t know about the spiritual realm can and does fill books.

2 Corinthians 2:11 (KJV)
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
But yet we are.
Ignorant because we don’t believe that he can do what he is in fact doing.

Last edited:
I saw an interview with a woman once. She was at one time both a Catholic and a practicing 'white' witch. She saw her spells work. But she eventually repented of that and believed on the gospel.

@Sean Miller Congrates

I saw an interview with a woman once. She was at one time both a Catholic and a practicing 'white' witch. She saw her spells work. But she eventually repented of that and believed on the gospel.
I've met Practitioners of Santeria who don't realize the fallacy of their beliefs.

Congratulations!
Pregnancy is a miracle every time, and many today don't appreciate it as such.

Of course we will pray, and hope that the pregnancy goes well for all.

It is always wonderful to hear of new children, and there have been quite a few in our church recently: it has been a blessed season.

I think it is possible that a parents blessing or cursing has power in itself: the power of the human word is also a force to be reckoned with. And people other than parents seem to have strength this way. When Balaam went to curse Israel God didn't simply ignore him, but held him at sword point basically and told Israel that he had delivered them from Balaam. Your mother was basically cursing you (wishing infertility on you) while of course God does not receive her prayers. Though her spiritual resistance may not have been the problem, I am glad that God delivered you from her curses, and that he is a righteous God who does not listen to sinful prayers. Perhaps this will soften her spirit towards the innocent people she rejects.

It is always wonderful to hear of new children, and there have been quite a few in our church recently: it has been a blessed season.

I think it is possible that a parents blessing or cursing has power in itself: the power of the human word is also a force to be reckoned with. And people other than parents seem to have strength this way. When Balaam went to curse Israel God didn't simply ignore him, but held him at sword point basically and told Israel that he had delivered them from Balaam. Your mother was basically cursing you (wishing infertility on you) while of course God does not receive her prayers. Though her spiritual resistance may not have been the problem, I am glad that God delivered you from her curses, and that he is a righteous God who does not listen to sinful prayers. Perhaps this will soften her spirit towards the innocent people she rejects.

Nice response, thank you Pat. Yes your right, the power of words are more recognised in some cultures than others, in regards to blessings and curses. I didn't think to much on that, but it is something we need to be careful about.

"Church"? Who does that on here? Lol

"Church" as in going to a church building every week to be with local believers? I agree that "the assembling of yourselves together" does not have to be this as commonly imagined, however it is our best way of assembling at present. Scripture does speak of individual churches in different places, though their gatherings no doubt looked completely different. I would love to go to a church without pulpits and pews and such, if you know of any in the Cork Ireland area.
We were in home church for much of my formative years, much more after the biblical pattern, and were recently thinking of doing it again, but my father opted in favor of trying to help more with a church already in the area. We were actually told not to come back to a church we went to for years because we even considered assembling at home without a "sending church", which shows how bad it can get.

I would love to go to a church without pulpits and pews and such, if you know of any in the Cork Ireland area.
I don't per se, but I might still be able to help. When I was learning about the shape note hymn-singing tradition known as Sacred Harp, I was frequently blessed by videos posted from the Cork Sacred Harp group. While the videos are from their annual convention (which is already past for this year), if it's anything like my local group, I'd imagine they'd also meet regularly throughout the year, and would very welcoming to any newcomers. Its not quite church (no pastor, no preaching, just singing hymns and spiritual songs), but like I said, I find it very worshipful, and you might even meet some neat people there.

I don't per se, but I might still be able to help. When I was learning about the shape note hymn-singing tradition known as Sacred Harp, I was frequently blessed by videos posted from the Cork Sacred Harp group. While the videos are from their annual convention (which is already past for this year), if it's anything like my local group, I'd imagine they'd also meet regularly throughout the year, and would very welcoming to any newcomers. Its not quite church (no pastor, no preaching, just singing hymns and spiritual songs), but like I said, I find it very worshipful, and you might even meet some neat people there.
I have heard of the Sacred Harp, and that might be worth looking into.

Back