• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Authority, Headship, and Family Structure (According to Moses)

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
I have totally had my head buried in heavy work and prep around here, but the major task has been to finish and publish a book that is a year in the making. Based on a study model of covering one Torah portion a week for a year, this 437 page book with nearly 100 pages of appendices is sure to delight those who understand and believe Biblical Headship and Marriage, while challenging with solid Biblical truth those who have never studied it out.

Currently, this volume has been accepted by Amazon and is under review. I expect it will be available in the next 48-72 hours at which time I can load a link to both Kindle (4.99) or paperback (15.99).

HUGE thank you's to @Pacman and @Robhar for their contributions, discussion, and editing.Book 01.png

Hoping some of you will enjoy and give feedback as well as promote to all manner of Christians to challenge their thinking.

Looking forward to it!

I have ordered the hard copy. On purchasing that Amazon gives a preview of the first chapter or so, and from what I've seen, I'm impressed. I like how you're coming from a practical perspective talking about how we play our part in building the Kingdom, from the ground up, as men and families. Looking forward to receiving the hard copy and reading it properly. Thankyou @PeteR (and @Pacman and @Robhar).

I have ordered the hard copy. On purchasing that Amazon gives a preview of the first chapter or so, and from what I've seen, I'm impressed. I like how you're coming from a practical perspective talking about how we play our part in building the Kingdom, from the ground up, as men and families. Looking forward to receiving the hard copy and reading it properly. Thankyou @PeteR (and @Pacman and @Robhar).
I'm waiting on my hardcopies, as well.. LOL. I could have postponed publishing for two weeks so I could hold a copy for final final changes, but happy with the layout on the computer generated model. Excited that this may be a good multipurpose book for a broad audience. Please do keep me posted on thoughts, impressions or corrections. Can make minor fixes to the manuscript without publishing a second edition. One advantage to print on demand.

I'm actually looking forward to reading it because I have been recently made more critically aware of major needs locally among those in the, for want of a better word, "lower classes" of society who come to God and then are having to deal with how He would have them view the eight mothers of their ten children (and so forth), and what living for God from this point on looks like. I like your ground-up focus to building a family / tribe, and this could match well with the thinking of somebody from a gang background and be a good opening to move them into a Biblical mindset, so there may be some details that assist with my thinking as I work on a guidebook aimed at this particular audience.

So, this arrived in the mail today:
IMG_20200929_202444.jpg
Which is rather amusing! Probably an honest mistake - but it's such an improbable mistake (it's not the wrong book, it's not even a book) that it could be somebody in the packing centre not liking your work @PeteR! I'll chase it up with Amazon, but thought I'd let you all share in the amusement.

Already arranged a refund and ordered another copy. Very helpful man on the end of the telephone, managed to arrange a refund without us sending that chalk back (the cost of shipping from New Zealand would have been much more than the value of the chalk). I'm surprised at how good the customer service was - once I worked how to get them on the telephone.

Wow... demoted to chalk board markers... lol.

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the delay.

It's ok. Since I don't have to send the chalk back, by the end of it all I'm going to end up with a book, and free chalk. Bonus!
Sorry to others reading, don't expect your copy to come with a free pack of chalk markers also.

A man who was dining at Crew,
Found a rather large mouse in his stew.

Said the waiter "Don't shout,
And wave it about,
Or the rest will be wanting one too!".

Paperback has arrived. Looks very interesting. Will start as soon as I finish: The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck. I`m half way thru it. A little psychiatric help is good while I`m waiting for my chalk to get here.

Projected delivery date was the 22nd.
We ain’t even got chalk yet.

Well, I finished reading it last week since I could read it as part of my kindle subscription. I loved how you so clearly tied the principals from the old testament back to the teachings in the new.
WOW! I am totally impressed that you are already through it. It took me all of last year!

WOW! I am totally impressed that you are already through it. It took me all of last year!
Lol... took you so long because the author was slow...

Way to go! I know how much time that takes getting a project like this "finished." My Hashem put this into many households and bring abundant sh'lom bayit to myriads of families!
I'm grabbing the Kindle version!

Back