• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues

bro. Dexter for YAH

Real Person
Male
My first question is:

Have ye received the Holy Spirit since you believed? (Acts 19:2)

Why should I care? Why should you care?

Because if you do not have the genuine Holy Spirit living inside you then you're none of His. (Roman 8: 9-11)

Jesus said being born again of the Spirit is a requirement to enter the Kingdom of Yah:

John 3: 5-7
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This matter is not talked about enough.

The primary point of confusion for those of us who believe that being filled with the Holy Spirit is a necessity in our salvation, is the nature of speaking in tongues. Said another way, the Bible describes different types of tongues which serve different purposes, and without understanding the nature of each one there is a lack of clarity.

There also has to be clarity on exactly how one receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as well as the confirmation that the Spirit has been received. Otherwise we're dealing in abstracts. And this is something so crucial that abstract isn't gonna cut it. I'm not playing around with my salvation and my soul.

When I sought the Father for His Spirit I needed concrete answers and understanding so that I could be sure in how I was supposed to press in and knock so I could receive the gift. And once I received I needed to know without a shadow of a doubt that I had it.

When I received the Holy Spirit, I began speaking in tongues as the Father was pouring out His living water and filling me. I was drinking at the well of life, and once it subsided and I had been filled I was washed over with the greatest peace I have ever known. I was wrapped in His love, and now Jesus and the Father have come in to sup with me and made their abode in me. My body is become the temple of the Holy Spirit just like the Word says.

Briefly I'll call your attention back to Romans 8: 9-11 where it says that only those who died with the Holy Spirit living inside them will be resurrected unto life with Messiah, because the Spirit is life. Without it we are dead, and if we die without it we will be resurrected unto death and not life. This is a serious matter and we should treat it as such.

Every person I have ever seen or helped receive the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues as they were filled. Tongues that they could not control and whose communication they did not understand. It was all by the working of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians chapter 12 describes the 9 spiritual gifts, all of which come only after receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. There are 2 gifts related to speaking in tongues which are noted in verse 12:

1. Diverse kinds of tongues (speaking)
2. Interpretation of tongues

The confusion comes because many wrongly believe that speaking in tongues is ONLY related to these spiritual gifts. And as we know, every man doesn't receive every gift. So the conclusion that is derived from this line of thinking is that everyone who receives the genuine Holy Spirit doesn't speak in tongues, only those with the gifts of tongues.

But that's not how it was described at Pentecost in Acts chapter 2. Everyone that received the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues, and it was the confirmation that they had in fact received the Holy Spirit. And I've witnessed this numerous times play out the exact same way.

During Tabernacles a few years ago at Straitway, a couple brothers and I were rallying around a brother who was trying to receive the Holy Spirit. We had been at it for maybe 5-10 minutes. Pastor Corey walks up to that brother and lays hands on his head while speaking in tongues, and in English tells that brother receive ye the Holy Spirit, just like Paul does in Acts 19:6. Within seconds that brother started speaking in tongues and being filled. That is the power of Yah, and speaking candidly, I'm very well aware that Pastor Corey and Pastor Dowell are on a whole nother level when it comes to the manifestation of the power of Yah. Which simply means that they are tapped in with the Father in a mighty way, filled to overflow with His Holy Spirit, and exercising multiple gifts of the Spirit which they have been given. And which my eyes have seen on multiple occasions. Keep in mind, the Bible says the gifts only operate through love.

1 Corinthians chapter 14 breaks down tongues further, separating the gifts (diversity of tongues- for the edification of the assembly, along with interpretation so the assembly can actually understand) from speaking in tongues for one's own personal edification (verse 2) and praying in tongues/praying in the Spirit (verses 13-14).

If I pray in tongues, it is to build up myself in the Spirit. To strengthen and encourage myself. To unload with moanings and groanings and utterings, begging for His mercy because I'm so burdened I don't even have the words to express my pain. But He knows! He understands! The Spirit in me is communicating with Him that gave it, on my behalf! That is not one of the gifts, that is between me and Yah. The gifts are for the body.

Not everyone is going to believe what I'm saying because not everyone has had the experience and not everyone is going to search it out to see if it is so - line upon line, precept upon precept.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit confirms itself with heavenly tongues in the mouth of the one who receives. And from thenceforth a believer with the indwelling of the Spirit has access to the Father in a way that English can't give you. Pray in tongues, speak in tongues, and the more you do it the more you develop it and are able to access it when you need it. It does take practice. But it is rewarding in every possible way. It is for you, it is so you can gain strength direct from the source when you need it.

The gifts of tongues are for the edification of the assembly, and they are separate from the tongues you get when you are first filled with the Holy Spirit.

I'm not a preacher, I'm not a teacher. I'm just a brother. And I love you.

This particular video is an in depth teaching on the baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. So if you feel the call of the Father in seeking the Truth in this matter, I encourage you to watch it and study it for yourself. Its impossible for me to lay out this subject from beginning to end in this post. But I believe its extremely important for all believers to grasp this wholly and completely. We don't have room for error on a matter this crucial. Search and prove all things and hold fast to that which is good.

Last edited:
Not everyone is going to believe what I'm saying because not everyone has had the experience and not everyone is going to search it out to see if it is so - line upon line, precept upon precept.
I have had multiple very real holy spirit experiences, yet have never spoken in tongues. I have been careful to deliberately and prayerfully seek it in the way you have described to test whether this is so, and have come to the very firm conclusion that this is simply not a gift that God intends to give me. When I have prayerfully sought gifts that are in his will for me, He has granted those. But not this.

I can only conclude that the words of scripture that you dismiss are absolutely true:
1 Corinthians 12:27-31 said:
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
God most certainly does give some people the gift of tongues. However, I feel that many of those who receive this have fallen into the error of thinking that all must be like them, and anyone who is not like them does not have the Holy Spirit. This causes them to reject other believers as unsaved who are not, and may cause others who believe this teaching to generate "tongues" subconsciously in order to fit in (which is why when some people "speak in tongues" what they say is so repetitive and devoid of linguistic structure it does not take the form of a real language - these people may not truly be operating in this spiritual gift).

This teaching, that ALL must receive tongues, is not in scripture.

The only example we have where that occurred is Pentecost - but at Pentecost everybody spoke in real human languages, for the purpose of evangelism. This makes Pentecost an example of tongues used for the edification of the assembly.
The gifts of tongues are for the edification of the assembly, and they are separate from the tongues you get when you are first filled with the Holy Spirit.
So where in scripture is there a non-human tongue received by everybody upon first being filled with the Holy Spirit?
Failing that, where is it in the historic tradition of the church prior to the last 150 years?

This is why I stated that the gifts of tongues are separate from tongues in confirmation of receiving the Holy Spirit.

I have never spoken a message to the assembly in tongues, nor have I had the inspiration of the Spirit to do so. And as such, I'm under no illusion that I have the gift of tongues. Because if I did it'd be used for the purposes that the Bible says its for. Its only ever been a personal, intimate experience between me and the Father.

I appreciate your honesty in sharing your experience. I did not receive the Spirit on my first try. In my case there were devils I needed to be delivered from that were standing in the way. Specifically fear, pride, and unbelief. Which I had to get deliverance from to expel those inhibitors blocking me from receiving. They were occupying areas of my mind and soul that prevented me from giving myself over fully to the Father and allowing Him to come in.

As a brother, I offer myself here as a servant. If you should desire to make another attempt to receive the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, it would be an honor to assist you with it face to face. And perchance if deliverance is required, I can help with that too. We differ nothing from servants. Deliverance work is sometimes necessary to get someone in the proper state of mind to where they can abase themselves in such a way that Yah can then lift them up.

In my experience, feast days (the Holy days in Leviticus ch. 23) are rife with people getting filled because the environment is conducive and the presence of Yah is so full when many of us are gathered together. You have so many around you willing to help and endure with you until you get filled. Brothers will literally hold up the hands of an exhausted brother so he can continue on. That is love. And we're there to keep each other from getting discouraged, even if that day is not the day and the brother has to try again. Which definitely happens, happened to me, happened to my isha, and I've seen it happen to others. But there are ways to overcome, patience and persistent belief being chief among them.

I re-encourage everyone who is interested to watch that shabbat teaching on the Holy Spirit. I am not a pastor. So the way I see it, if that teaching doesn't bring clarity in this, I don't exalt myself to believe that I will be able to. Nonetheless, I offer myself and my experience regardless. I hope its able to help somebody.

To answer your question:

Acts 19: 1-7

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

^^ So not only did they speak in tongues, but they prophesied also. This can be read a few ways:

They spoke in tongues (confirming the Spirit), and then prophesied in tongues, though it says nothing of someone interpretating.

Or they spoke in tongues and prophesied in their natural language.

But they all spoke with tongues after receiving the Holy Spirit. The tongues as confirmation is a sign.

And again I know that everyone doesn't believe that that is the sign. Or that it is a requirement. But this is not something any of us can afford to get wrong.

Shalom

Last edited:
I have had multiple very real holy spirit experiences, yet have never spoken in tongues. I have been careful to deliberately and prayerfully seek it in the way you have described to test whether this is so, and have come to the very firm conclusion that this is simply not a gift that God intends to give me. When I have prayerfully sought gifts that are in his will for me, He has granted those. But not this.

I can only conclude that the words of scripture that you dismiss are absolutely true:

God most certainly does give some people the gift of tongues. However, I feel that many of those who receive this have fallen into the error of thinking that all must be like them, and anyone who is not like them does not have the Holy Spirit. This causes them to reject other believers as unsaved who are not, and may cause others who believe this teaching to generate "tongues" subconsciously in order to fit in (which is why when some people "speak in tongues" what they say is so repetitive and devoid of linguistic structure it does not take the form of a real language - these people may not truly be operating in this spiritual gift).

This teaching, that ALL must receive tongues, is not in scripture.

The only example we have where that occurred is Pentecost - but at Pentecost everybody spoke in real human languages, for the purpose of evangelism. This makes Pentecost an example of tongues used for the edification of the assembly.

So where in scripture is there a non-human tongue received by everybody upon first being filled with the Holy Spirit?
Failing that, where is it in the historic tradition of the church prior to the last 150 years?
Also, the verses you quoted from 1 Corinthians 12 that you claim I dismiss - remember that I specifically referenced that chapter in my first post. And the context that cannot be dismissed is that the sequence in which Paul asks do all speak with tongues, he's specifically talking about the gifts. I speak in tongues, but not in the capacity of the gift, therefore I would confirm the answer to his question is no in regard to the gift. Because I don't have it. And yet I speak in tongues! This is what's being dodged or missed. No one can tell me I have the gift of diverse tongues except at which point Yah sends me a message through the Spirit to speak aloud to the assembly in tongues and there is an interpreter present.

And again, this is why I make the distinction over and over between the different kinds of tongues. Without the clear distinction, distortion prevents clarity.

Shalom

27Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.
28And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
29All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?
30All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?
31But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

Brother Dexter, I love you. There is no place in Scripture where tongues is a requirement. Period. Did the thief on the cross/stake speak in tongues?

The idea that salvation + a speaking in tongues merit badge is necessary for fellowship is patently false and adding to Scripture making men the presumed judges of hearts. That is ludicrous. Using this supposed litmus test for fellowship or to denigrate a brother who clearly has fruits and gifts, just not tongues, is strait wickedness. Happy to discuss privately. PM me..

I did not receive the Spirit on my first try.
Tongeus are a gift. The Holy Spirit Himself determines who receives whatever gifts He wills. Please read the following passage from 1 Cor. 12:4-11. There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

You argue that receiving the Spirit and tongues are gifts in one sense but not in another, you therefore misrepresent the truth concerning salvation, and it misrepresents the sovereign rule of God over Hid redeemed saints. God decides who get what and it's according to His will, not yours, mine, or anyone else's. Shalom

27Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.
28And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
29All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?
30All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?
31But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

Brother Dexter, I love you. There is no place in Scripture where tongues is a requirement. Period. Did the thief on the cross/stake speak in tongues?

The idea that salvation + a speaking in tongues merit badge is necessary for fellowship is patently false and adding to Scripture making men the presumed judges of hearts. That is ludicrous. Using this supposed litmus test for fellowship or to denigrate a brother who clearly has fruits and gifts, just not tongues, is strait wickedness. Happy to discuss privately. PM me..
I love you too bro. Pete. I am definitely going to PM you.

Here I'll answer your question concerning the thief on the stake with Messiah.

Until Messiah was resurrected and went back to the Father, the Holy Spirit had not been poured out onto all flesh, like it's prophesied in Joel. As such, I see no indication that the thief spoke in tongues or received the Holy Spirit.

Prior to Messiah, the Holy Spirit fell upon certain men and endued them with power (Saul, David, and Samson come to mind). John the Baptizer was filled from the womb.

Shalom

Every single person thus far in response has referenced 1 Corinthians ch. 12 as if I didnt read it, don't understand it, and didn't specifically reference it in my first post.

I understand all 9 gifts. And I understand that the Bible says there are tongues which are NOT the gifts. Just like I stated from the beginning.

I welcome anyone here to watch the teaching I shared, and if you still disagree, so be it.

Shalom

Every single person thus far in response has referenced 1 Corinthians ch. 12 as if I didnt read it, don't understand it, and didn't specifically reference it in my first post.
I know very well that you referenced it in your first post. That is why I said you "dismissed" it - you specifically referred to that passage, and specifically said it was not relevant. That is dismissing it. I was calling you out on this. Had you not mentioned it I would have spoken differently.
And I understand that the Bible says there are tongues which are NOT the gifts.
Where does the Bible describe two different categories of tongues - a gift and a not-gift version?
If you should desire to make another attempt to receive the Holy Spirit
I have the Holy Spirit.

My first reaction to your suggestion that I do not and could have demonic influences affecting me simply because my experience with Him is not the same as your own, was to take it as a deep insult. However, on consideration, I realise you do not intend to be insulting, you do intend to be genuinely helpful. It's just that your assumption that everyone must experience the same as you suggests a lack of spiritual maturity. When we are children we know we need to learn, then once we are teenagers we think we know everything, but when we get older we realise we still do not. The same happens in our spiritual walk - people get to a stage where they think they know everything, but years later they mature past that and realise that they did not, and there is considerable wisdom outside the bubble of their own experience. So you simply come across as a genuinely enthusiastic spiritual teenager. That's ok, it's a stage we all go through, and it's great that you've got enthusiasm.

I did not receive the Spirit on my first try.
Biblical tongeus are a gift. The Holy Spirit Himself determines who receives whatever gifts He wills. Please read the following passage from 1 Cor. 12:4-11. There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

You argue that receiving the Spirit and tongues are gifts in one sense but not in another, you therefore misrepresent the truth concerning salvation, and it misrepresents the sovereign rule of God over His redeemed saints. God decides who get what and it's according to His will, not yours, mine, or anyone else's. Shalom

Where does the Bible describe two different categories of tongues - a gift and a not-gift version?

As I stated in my original post:
1 Corinthians chapter 14 breaks down tongues further, separating the gifts (diversity of tongues- for the edification of the assembly, along with interpretation so the assembly can actually understand) from speaking in tongues for one's own personal edification (verse 2) and praying in tongues/praying in the Spirit (verses 13-14).
I do mean to be helpful, and not to insult.

I'll end by saying this:
A few of you are convinced that I have the gift of diverse tongues. And I do not. Yah has not shown me or used me to function in that capacity. And yet I speak in tongues. I know what the gift is for and how it works, so I would expect to function according to that if that is in fact the type of tongues I've been given. I know what I've been given, I searched it out even before I received so I could understand and walk in it, and I know it is 1 Corinthians ch. 14 verse 2, 13-14.

Yah knows. Its in His hands.

Shalom

Last edited:
My first question is:

Have ye received the Holy Spirit since you believed? (Acts 19:2)

Why should I care? Why should you care?

Because if you do not have the genuine Holy Spirit living inside you then you're none of His. (Roman 8: 9-11)

Jesus said being born again of the Spirit is a requirement to enter the Kingdom of Yah:

John 3: 5-7
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This matter is not talked about enough.

The primary point of confusion for those of us who believe that being filled with the Holy Spirit is a necessity in our salvation, is the nature of speaking in tongues. Said another way, the Bible describes different types of tongues which serve different purposes, and without understanding the nature of each one there is a lack of clarity.

There also has to be clarity on exactly how one receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as well as the confirmation that the Spirit has been received. Otherwise we're dealing in abstracts. And this is something so crucial that abstract isn't gonna cut it. I'm not playing around with my salvation and my soul.

When I sought the Father for His Spirit I needed concrete answers and understanding so that I could be sure in how I was supposed to press in and knock so I could receive the gift. And once I received I needed to know without a shadow of a doubt that I had it.

When I received the Holy Spirit, I began speaking in tongues as the Father was pouring out His living water and filling me. I was drinking at the well of life, and once it subsided and I had been filled I was washed over with the greatest peace I have ever known. I was wrapped in His love, and now Jesus and the Father have come in to sup with me and made their abode in me. My body is become the temple of the Holy Spirit just like the Word says.

Briefly I'll call your attention back to Romans 8: 9-11 where it says that only those who died with the Holy Spirit living inside them will be resurrected unto life with Messiah, because the Spirit is life. Without it we are dead, and if we die without it we will be resurrected unto death and not life. This is a serious matter and we should treat it as such.

Every person I have ever seen or helped receive the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues as they were filled. Tongues that they could not control and whose communication they did not understand. It was all by the working of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians chapter 12 describes the 9 spiritual gifts, all of which come only after receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. There are 2 gifts related to speaking in tongues which are noted in verse 12:

1. Diverse kinds of tongues (speaking)
2. Interpretation of tongues

The confusion comes because many wrongly believe that speaking in tongues is ONLY related to these spiritual gifts. And as we know, every man doesn't receive every gift. So the conclusion that is derived from this line of thinking is that everyone who receives the genuine Holy Spirit doesn't speak in tongues, only those with the gifts of tongues.

But that's not how it was described at Pentecost in Acts chapter 2. Everyone that received the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues, and it was the confirmation that they had in fact received the Holy Spirit. And I've witnessed this numerous times play out the exact same way.

During Tabernacles a few years ago at Straitway, a couple brothers and I were rallying around a brother who was trying to receive the Holy Spirit. We had been at it for maybe 5-10 minutes. Pastor Corey walks up to that brother and lays hands on his head while speaking in tongues, and in English tells that brother receive ye the Holy Spirit, just like Paul does in Acts 19:6. Within seconds that brother started speaking in tongues and being filled. That is the power of Yah, and speaking candidly, I'm very well aware that Pastor Corey and Pastor Dowell are on a whole nother level when it comes to the manifestation of the power of Yah. Which simply means that they are tapped in with the Father in a mighty way, filled to overflow with His Holy Spirit, and exercising multiple gifts of the Spirit which they have been given. And which my eyes have seen on multiple occasions. Keep in mind, the Bible says the gifts only operate through love.

If I pray in tongues, it is to build up myself in the Spirit. To strengthen and encourage myself. To unload with moanings and groanings and utterings, begging for His mercy because I'm so burdened I don't even have the words to express my pain. But He knows! He understands! The Spirit in me is communicating with Him that gave it, on my behalf! That is not one of the gifts, that is between me and Yah. The gifts are for the body.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit confirms itself with heavenly tongues in the mouth of the one who receives. And from thenceforth a believer with the indwelling of the Spirit has access to the Father in a way that English can't give you. Pray in tongues, speak in tongues, and the more you do it the more you develop it and are able to access it when you need it. It does take practice. But it is rewarding in every possible way. It is for you, it is so you can gain strength direct from the source when you need it.

I'm not a preacher, I'm not a teacher. I'm just a brother. And I love you.

This particular video is an in depth teaching on the baptism of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. So if you feel the call of the Father in seeking the Truth in this matter, I encourage you to watch it and study it for yourself. Its impossible for me to lay out this subject from beginning to end in this post. But I believe its extremely important for all believers to grasp this wholly and completely. We don't have room for error on a matter this crucial. Search and prove all things and hold fast to that which is good.

I had an interesting encounter involving this same topic with a brother I got speaking to a few days ago passing in a train station.

Before I even state my position in this, I encourage you all to watch the history of religion series by thoughts camera action. The doctrine you state is a doctrine that is less than 150 years old.

Watch the videos dealing with the Pentecostal movement.

The baptism of the holy spirit is real
The infilling of the holy spirit is real
Speaking in tongues is real
ALL the gifts of the Holy spirit are real.

HOWEVER

There is another YaHoshuWaH
There is another spirit
There is another gospel

Is anyone on here able to discern the difference?

yet even with this discussion there is an even more pressing issue than spiritual gifts.

1 Corinthians 14 talks a lot about the use of tongues. It does NOT talk about two distinct types of tongues - that is a distinction that you have overlaid onto the chapter - it is eisegesis. There is nothing actually in the wording itself to say anything other than "these are guidelines around how to use the gift of tongues".
A few of you are convinced that I have the gift of diverse tongues.
I doubt anybody is convinced you have this gift. I understand you believe you speak in tongues, and am not disputing that. I am discussing tongues in general terms without passing any judgement on what gifts you personally may or may not have - I do not know you well enough to say anything about that.
The doctrine you state is a doctrine that is less than 150 years old.
And this is a point you need to pay far more attention to. If you are correct @bro. Dexter for YAH, then essentially nobody in the church from the second to 19th centuries had the Holy Spirit indwelling in them. Jesus' promise to send a comforter was left unfulfilled for the vast majority of the history of the church. And nobody who we respect from that period was acting through the Spirit, only through their own strength. Would God truly leave His church without the Holy Spirit for the vast majority of its history? That alone should cause you to seriously question what you have been taught.

Bro Dex, I'd reword your title this way:

Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the an evidence of being speaking in tongues​

Tongues, as you describe, is just one of many possible evidences of the Indwelling Spirit. The surest and most readily visible is not s gift... rather fruit.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness, self-control;
against such things there is no law.
24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

The last and cautionary verse is not pointed at you, but should be heeded. There are those who use their own experience to judge others and then proceed into character assassination, hardly a fruit of the Spirit... beware such persons. Far be it from me to judge another servant as my Master will not take kindly if i'm beating His servants... 😉

The imposition of tongues at the Tower of Babel would be an example of where tongues was not a gift.

See Genesis 11.
True, but that was a little while before Pentecost and the coming of the Holy Spirit. And the languages the people spoke were suddenly languages the individual groups knew but there was no interpreter available to translate for the other groups. The confusion of languages at Babel was a judgement from God because of the sin and rebellion of the people not the blessing of a divine ability for the evangelism of the lost and edification of the saints. A few small differences. :)

Also, the Holy Spirit was present long before Pentecost.
Yes indeed, however He did not come to permanently indwell all the redeemed until Pentecost. Jesus told the disciples, Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you (John 16:7).

Back