• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Be prepared

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Just saw this on fb and had a few thoughts about it.
First paragraph.
People totally judge by their own standard. Don't forget this and take it personally if someone thinks your interest in plural marriage is about some weird kink....(hard I know) because that is a reflection on them! Their values. Their mindset.

If they ask personal questions that are none of their business? Again, this is because they can't understand your life or choice. You don't have to answer them, but try not to overreact and respond with the emotion you feel from them helping themselves into that aspect of your life uninvited. Some people at the supermarket act like your pregnancy gives them a right to touch your belly....but they don't intend to offend. Same kinda deal here.

It's just been surprising how many people ask questions they wouldn't ask any other married folk....and then too some questions are just so removed from reality that we laugh about them later.

Just thought I'd share so any others that take the plunge into the contemplated life might be aware of this human tendency ....and prepared to hopefully handle it with grace....or wit.....or sarcasm....or whatever fits your situation. :cool:

Screenshot_20221215-113451_Brave.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215-113451_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215-113451_Brave.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 3
Flip side - So when people are kind, generous, and happy around me, that tells me more about their interior heart condition, than how awesome I might be.

I think that's true, and very freeing
Reasonable assumption there.
Fruits of the spirit in someone else are not generally because YOU have the spirit.

Loving and joyfully peaceful people do tend to make others want what they've got though.

;)

Some people at the supermarket act like your pregnancy gives them a right to touch your belly.

I cringe just reading that!!! Seriously, I hate unwanted touch from strangers!!! :eek:

People totally judge by their own standard. Don't forget this and take it personally if someone thinks your interest in plural marriage is about some weird kink....(hard I know) because that is a reflection on them! Their values. Their mindset.

These days too many people view a desire for natural sex that can create a baby as a perversion or a kink. They also view wanting more than one baby as some sort of bizarre fetish.

And part of what I think these people are dealing with is the uncomfortable notion that maybe they're the ones with the kinks and fetishes.

I have to admit that i enjoy seeing a woman proud to choose life and sporting a baby bump... especially if it's mine. ;)
My hubby feels the same way. Loves to see people choosing to have families....and he likes making baby bumps too! ;)
He made me shake my head once though. I was cooking in the kitchen and he said "I can see you pregnant" when I wasn't. Of course I did have babies again after that.

Life is the most beautiful gift to pay forward!

I often walk up to single women, put my hand on their tummy and say “you would look so cute with a baby in there, I can help you with that 😉
I can see the line forming in my mind.
Kudos on the novel approach!

What could go wrong?

I often walk up to single women, put my hand on their tummy and say “you would look so cute with a baby in there, I can help you with that 😉
Me thinks you're as much of a liar as my hubby. He lies like a dog. *grin*

Me thinks you're as much of a liar as my hubby. He lies like a dog. *grin*
I am absolutely SHOCKED that you would accuse a fellow BibFamer of telling an untruth!

And to think that I had so much respect for you 😢

I am absolutely SHOCKED that you would accuse a fellow BibFamer of telling an untruth!

And to think that I had so much respect for you 😢
Correction. I accused TWO! My hubby is a member here too! 🙃

My favorite pick up line that was ever tried on me comes to mind here:

Guy: Hi, is your last name Stevenson?

Me: No.

Guy: Would you like it to be? :)

Back