• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Best Personalities for Polygamy?

What is your Myers–Briggs Personality type. If yours isn't listed leave in comments below.

• ISTJ Personality - The Inspector

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • INFJ Personality - The Counselor

• INTJ Personality - The Mastermind

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • ENFJ Personality - The Giver

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ISTP Personality - The Craftsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ Personality - The Provider

• INFP Personality - The Idealist

• ESFP Personality - The Performer

• ENFP Personality - The Champion

• ESTP Personality - The Doer

• ESTJ Personality - The Supervisor

• ENTJ Personality - The Commander

• INTP Personality - The Thinker

• ISFJ Personality - The Nurturer

• ENTP Personality - The Visionary

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ISFP Personality - The Composer

• Total voters

Soldier's Psalm

Male
I love the study of Personalities and am curious if anyone has some insight as to which Personalities work best in a Poly home. I would like to Narrow it down too Myers-Briggs since that is what I am familiar with. I am an ENFP and my wife is an INFP. I think both would do well as Poly types knowing how flexible we are. Anyways I will leave a link to a website below if you have never taken the test. It is definitely worth the time. Remember to take it as if you were still a kid. As we grow we can hide our natural traits.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

rsz_1rsz_16-personalities-pp_2.jpg

I took the test and got a result that isn't on your survey: INTP-A. "Logician".

It says it is quite rare, about 3% of the population. Description fits me pretty well, though, with a few rather notable exceptions.

I might have to set up second poll. It would only let me put 10 choices. I was really curious to see what the most prevalent ones were. I might have to swap out some of the less common ones for ones that are more common.

ESTJ executive

It appears I am a Protagonist (ENFJ)...

But to answer your Question... I think I’ll take me a wife of each type! And when a couple of em aren’t getn along, I fill a kiddie pool with chocolate syrup and watch em wrestle! :rolleyes:

Of course I think there are benefits to each personality. Plenty each type could contribute. And even though certain personalities can clash a bit, I’d say those are the wives that simply would need a bit more space between them and more active refereeing from hubby. As grown ups, and especially as Christians, we all need to be able to get along and love one another and serve one another anyways.

Most important things I seek in a woman;
1) Genuine Faith, a real and active relationship with their Maker & Messiah.
2) Ability to Follow, humility, servant-hearted, submissiveness, obedient.
3) Child Bearing Hips, I like big butts and I cannot lie.
***Perfect recipe for perfect wifey!***

What's the personality type that gets a different result every time? :(
I think that that is the IRTBC.
I Refuse To Be Categorized

That is a very reasonable position.

Last edited:
These kinds of tests can be fun little amusements, but don't put too much weight into them, and don't let anyone use it to pigeon-hole you in an adverse way, such as when applying for a job. It is pop science at best.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/10/20/myers-briggs-is-bunk
@Jeff Ray --thanks for the very interesting article link. I agree that this sort of self-evaluation can be intriguing, takes up not only physical time for those who have handfuls of empty minutes in a 24/7 but also then causes ones brain to begin spinning on all the questions just answered and the results received by taking the test. Each of us are a work in progress so it should not be surprising that multiple tests taken produce differing results. If who you are is complex and multi-faceted, that 100% increases the chance you'll get differing results each time you retest. The focus in your life at the time of test assessment determines how you respond to the questions.

I prefer Paul's take on the topic in I Corinthians 15:10, "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

If one is not careful, not only do we let someone else "pigeon-hole" us, we start to pigeon-hole ourselves. :( Once that process ever so slightly begins to creap into our fabric, we no longer see ourselves as yielded and supple clay in the Potter's hands because we've got our label! We somehow just magically found out who we are! Imagine that--and we've done so by comparing ourselves among ourselves. II Corinthians 10:12 "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

In the fun of doing this type of self-eval, don't stray from your foundation--the Potter's wheel--and don't mentally decide to get off the Potter's wheel.
Jeremiah 18:3, 4 "... he wrought a work on the wheels. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it."

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them."

Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

What's the personality type that gets a different result every time? :(
@windblown I wondered the same thing when I got completely different results the 2nd time I took the test. The time frame between the evals was several months. On the first one I was some version of the logitican. On the second one I was the visionary combined with advocacy which doesn't show up in the listing provided on this thread. Both times I was extremely high in how I placed in the category. So I did some thinking of my own. I choose to be a 100%er in how I live my life (Eccl. 9:th10) so that agreed with the extremely high placement in the category. Next, I considered the focus of my energies at the time of both assessments. I can tell you that my focus at the time of assessment directly related to the category into which this personality test placed me. If I get some time this weekend since I'm on Thanksgiving break, I may take the test again just for the fun of it to see where I land this time. I'm very well of my particular focus right now so it would be interesting to see how it would play out.

No doubt, @windblown, you are a very complex, multi-faceted, blessed-with-many-talents individual, can multi-task like crazy, and enjoy whatever you put your hand to. You probably also tend to think outside the box, and in that creativity arrive at solutions and conclusions others may not have considered.

May the Lord GOD bless you in many ways as you mother your little blessings growing up around your feet and minister to your hubby.

Back