• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Best Personalities for Polygamy?

What is your Myers–Briggs Personality type. If yours isn't listed leave in comments below.

• ISTJ Personality - The Inspector

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • INFJ Personality - The Counselor

• INTJ Personality - The Mastermind

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • ENFJ Personality - The Giver

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ISTP Personality - The Craftsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ Personality - The Provider

• INFP Personality - The Idealist

• ESFP Personality - The Performer

• ENFP Personality - The Champion

• ESTP Personality - The Doer

• ESTJ Personality - The Supervisor

• ENTJ Personality - The Commander

• INTP Personality - The Thinker

• ISFJ Personality - The Nurturer

• ENTP Personality - The Visionary

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ISFP Personality - The Composer

• Total voters
What's the personality type that gets a different result every time? :(
Its no big deal if you get a different answer. Usually means you are in what they call turmoil which sounds worse than it is. Usually means one of two things. You have adjusted traits through time through experiences or you are stressed. For example I was always late for everything as a kid but now I am mostly punctual because of military and I am naturally an Extravert, but when I get under a lot of stress I can get real introverted and not want to be around people. That is one heck of a run on sentence I just typed. Anyways Its not a bad thing unless you are under stress for a long time. If you are under a lot of stress for a long time, it can be hard to find your self again I guess is the best way to say it. If you were a light hearted dreamer as a kid and now you are an overly serious adult, something more than growing up has happened along the way and it might not have been for the best. You will get the best results if you take the test like you were still a kid.

It appears I am a Protagonist (ENFJ)...

But to answer your Question... I think I’ll take me a wife of each type! And when a couple of em aren’t getn along, I fill a kiddie pool with chocolate syrup and watch em wrestle! :rolleyes:

Of course I think there are benefits to each personality. Plenty each type could contribute. And even though certain personalities can clash a bit, I’d say those are the wives that simply would need a bit more space between them and more active refereeing from hubby. As grown ups, and especially as Christians, we all need to be able to get along and love one another and serve one another anyways.

Most important things I seek in a woman;
1) Genuine Faith, a real and active relationship with their Maker & Messiah.
2) Ability to Follow, humility, servant-hearted, submissiveness, obedient.
3) Child Bearing Hips, I like big butts and I cannot lie.
***Perfect recipe for perfect wifey!***
Lol! I couldn't have said it any better myself

I've taken the MB about six times over 15 years and the result is always the same though job, family and personal foci have changed.... AFAIK, it is very accurate, though I can see that being borderline between types might cause differing results.

What is fascinating to me is how much variety there is not just on the outside, but also the inside of us .

I've taken the MB about six times over 15 years and the result is always the same though job, family and personal foci have changed.... AFAIK, it is very accurate, though I can see that being borderline between types might cause differing results.

What is fascinating to me is how much variety there is not just on the outside, but also the inside of us .

I agree. God made us all unique. I have seen a lot of people almost find freedom in taking the test and finding out that what they thought was a strange quirk was actually common and it was the way God made them.

@windblown I wondered the same thing when I got completely different results the 2nd time I took the test. The time frame between the evals was several months. On the first one I was some version of the logitican. On the second one I was the visionary combined with advocacy which doesn't show up in the listing provided on this thread. Both times I was extremely high in how I placed in the category. So I did some thinking of my own. I choose to be a 100%er in how I live my life (Eccl. 9:th10) so that agreed with the extremely high placement in the category. Next, I considered the focus of my energies at the time of both assessments. I can tell you that my focus at the time of assessment directly related to the category into which this personality test placed me. If I get some time this weekend since I'm on Thanksgiving break, I may take the test again just for the fun of it to see where I land this time. I'm very well of my particular focus right now so it would be interesting to see how it would play out.

No doubt, @windblown, you are a very complex, multi-faceted, blessed-with-many-talents individual, can multi-task like crazy, and enjoy whatever you put your hand to. You probably also tend to think outside the box, and in that creativity arrive at solutions and conclusions others may not have considered.

May the Lord GOD bless you in many ways as you mother your little blessings growing up around your feet and minister to your hubby.
Well, thank you Rejoicing. I tried to answer everything like my 11 yr old self. Seemed a little ridiculous when many of the questions are about job/workplace (which is ridiculous for me anyway :p ). Many of my results were just not strong one way or another--51% vs 49%, etc. Then I wondered what if I answered neutral on ALL questions. Adventurer is the result. Lol! I realllly dislike these kinds of tests. They remind me of the "what type of guy is going to ask you out" quizzes that are in the back of teeny-bopper mags. The game MASH is probably in that same category for me... And horoscopes for that matter....

Well, thank you Rejoicing. I tried to answer everything like my 11 yr old self. Seemed a little ridiculous when many of the questions are about job/workplace (which is ridiculous for me anyway :p ). Many of my results were just not strong one way or another--51% vs 49%, etc. Then I wondered what if I answered neutral on ALL questions. Adventurer is the result. Lol! I realllly dislike these kinds of tests. They remind me of the "what type of guy is going to ask you out" quizzes that are in the back of teeny-bopper mags. The game MASH is probably in that same category for me... And horoscopes for that matter....
Well, I can tell you've experimented a bit with the test, and apparently had some fun doing so! You're right that the test assumes the female participants are in the corporate workforce in our western culture :(. Don't forget @windblown that you ARE in a mighty workforce--that of building your home and molding the character of each little bundle of love entrusted to your care! I think the term "Domestic Engineer" has been coined to attempt to give a job description of us moms whose focus has been our homes. I wasn't always able to be a stay at home mom because I was always part of my husband's principal package at a Christian school. However, God sustained and blessed. As a teacher I went to school with my children and came home when they came home and had every day off that they had off. I have trouble trying to imagine just how I would answer those test questions as I would have in my childhood! Do you know how years ago that would have been, and I certainly wasn't a part of the workforce at that point! I'm not familiar with the game MASH, I never even had exposure to the teeny-bopper mags, and I've always stayed away from the horoscopes--those were for sure off-limits. Ummm-I know that probably makes me sound like a "stick in the mud" but through it all I've come to enjoy life immensely. I hope you will live today to the max and enjoy the dance with Papa today! Blessings to you my little sister. :)

A personality type that favors win-win outcomes and is a team player would be a good. A competitive personality type that wants does not care about the other person, but wants to personally win at the other person's expense will not work.

I also think that it might make a difference if we are talking about males or females.

I find MB to be very useful. It's not the most scientifically valid personality breakdown, but it's not bunk either.

There are various website which go into how well different personalities interact at the friend or romantic level. 16 personalities also goes into how each type views romance, parenting, work, etc. All these can be useful in evaluating a potential wife and how she might interact with your family and your other wives at the personality level or for informing you what conflicts may lie ahead or things you need to work on to avoid conflict.

I have been thinking and I think NF's would be great personalities for the women since NF's are the mediators. They tend to care about everyone else's feelings more than their own which would be a huge boon in a polygamist relationship. I would think an introvert would be better as well. Especially when you consider the hit your social life is liable to take. So for women I think INFP's and INFJ's would do well and for men a feeler would probably be better able to keep a poly home happy knowing there is going to be a whole lot of feels in the house. And a Thinking, Judging type man might struggle with the flexibility needed and want to default into ruling with an iron fist which isn't going to make for a happy home. I'm not in a polygamist relationship but I'm sure a measure of tact is worth its weight in gold and patience and empathy would be required by everyone.

I would think an introvert would be better as well. Especially when you consider the hit your social life is liable to take.

On the other hand, the social chaos of a home with multiple wives and oodles of children running around is likely to be less draining for an extrovert. If they know contentedness, the diverse social landscape of a polygamous household will go a long ways to replacing any hit the social life takes. Either one will do though, but if you know the personality of your women, it can help deduce the source of the problem when challenges come.

Wait a minute, social life? You don't have a whole lot of children do you?

This may have been said already, but brains are plastic.
The whole Christian walk is about becoming a person that we are not today.

The question is not who are you, but who do you want to be?

True, knowing how God made you can go a long ways in knowing how God wants to use you and how the enemy can use you as well. A good example "not sure why this one was the first to come to mind" is how satan used the serpent in the garden. He could have used a lion, a strong beast, or an eagle or any other beast. But he used a serpent.In Genesis 3:1 the Bible says the serpent was the most subtle/crafty of all the beast of the field. Now we always use that to describe satan but the scripture is referring to the serpent. So why did satan use the serpent? He used it because it had a trait he needed to influence what was happening in the world. He needed subtlety/cunning to influence Adam and Eve. We are the same way. Are you charismatic? How often have you been deceived into using you gift for something evil. The strengths God gave us he means to use for the Kingdom but the enemy wants to use them as well. Too often Christians stumble around not knowing what there strengths are or they try to function outside there strengths in a role they weren't designed for. An eye can't be a hand and a hand can't be an eye. Knowing who we are plays a large part in knowing our role in the body and also just how much destruction we are capable of when in the wrong hands.

Last edited:

Amen. Romans 12: 1 and 2 !

Back