• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Beware the the sex monkey

Think you are still laboring under the false impression that these are women genuinely expressing an interest in the men that are unwittingly (in many of our cases because we are constant optimists with lumpy skulls)
Its not real in tje cases tow which i originally referred.
You are having a perfectly valid conversation and one I would happy to have, but it is not about the subject at hand.

That's not a sex monkey, that's bait.
Women do show interest, but they are more subtle. If you haven't learned to pay attention how would you notice?

Interesting word bait. Why would somebody invest time in meeting somebody new only to dissapear? It doesn't make sense.

Interesting word bait. Why would somebody invest time in meeting somebody new only to dissapear? It doesn't make sense.
There is such a thing as "evil." And even demonic influence. Some people are just tools - unwitting or not - of The Adversary. (Is is my imagination? Or do so many end up on Big Brother's payroll?)

There is such a thing as "evil." And even demonic influence. Some people are just tools - unwitting or not - of The Adversary. (Is is my imagination? Or do so many end up on Big Brother's payroll?)
Nobody here denies existence of evil or that sex is only for marriage.

What some people here don't understand is that courtship process itself can push away your new potential lady.

Have you ever heard phrase from IT guys: "Nobody can crash system as stupid user." Have you noticed lack of respect for user in saying?

Similar thing happens when you blame lady for stopping communication. Zero possibility of, maybe, I did something which I shouldn't?
Yes, some women don't behave right, but you shouldn't autimatically blame them.

Women do show interest, but they are more subtle. If you haven't learned to pay attention how would you notice?

Implying I have not managed the task to date.. cheers for that

And yet it happens constantly. And I am simply citing the fact. It is reflected in tonnes of peoples experiences

Nobody here denies existence of evil or that sex is only for marriage.

What some people here don't understand is that courtship process itself can push away your new potential lady.

Have you ever heard phrase from IT guys: "Nobody can crash system as stupid user." Have you noticed lack of respect for user in saying?

Similar thing happens when you blame lady for stopping communication. Zero possibility of, maybe, I did something which I shouldn't?
Yes, some women don't behave right, but you shouldn't autimatically blame them.
Not sure it it is a failure to grasp the proposition I put out at the outset or an intentional sidetracking but you are not remotely talking about the same situations I initially referenced.

I agree. There are some very good reasons why some men can't find a woman. Any woman. During whatever courtship that happens there's a few who will romance a girl by telling her she's going to be a slave to her abusive new husband for the rest of her life and he's got the Scripture to beat her over the head with, too.

Here's a meme for those guys:

16e9abd13bb7bc2d94a4dc29be098cb0.jpg

It doesn't make sense only because you don't understand women. Attention is it's own reward; this type isn't actually looking for a real in-person relationship or even contact.

It doesn't make sense only because you don't understand women. Attention is it's own reward; this type isn't actually looking for a real in-person relationship or even contact.
And Foxxy has a Bingo. Give that man a cigar.
I honestly thought I was really clear about that fact and that this what I was warning against. To not let yourself be made a fool of or worse to make plans and develop feelings for someone using you for some sort of creep narcissistic crap.

Don't know about the rest of y'all but I am in this for a wife/friend/partner/mom to my future children...not a silly fantasy.

Catfishing is a thing.

Catfishing is a thing.

It is. And it doesn't just happen to the guys. There is nothing in the world like taking time from a trip or vacation to go meet someone for coffee and they never show up and you never hear from them again. Why? What's the point?

It is. And it doesn't just happen to the guys. There is nothing in the world like taking time from a trip or vacation to go meet someone for coffee and they never show up and you never hear from them again. Why? What's the point?

Certainly a form of a narcissistic issue but putting a label on something doesn't really help us understand what is in their mind.

I'm aware women like to have stable of beta orbiters. Help for her, for him only pretense of interest.

Easiest way to fix this is move towards sex. This will force her hand to reveal her real interest.

On other hand, sometimes things just fall apart. Here girlfriend is thwarted by Spongebob:
media_FoYPv2hXsBA18r6.jpg_name=small.jpg

I see zero connection to the topic.
You are and have been discussing a different situation.
I don't like the catfishing term but as Steve introduced it, there is no reason to continue to reject it in this thread. Catfishing...in this case explicitly for some sort of sexual thrill(definitely cluster B behavior)...and then discarding a family as if they were not real people was what I had in mind in saying beware the sex monkey. If I was in some way not clear enough in communicating that idea, then consider it restated in the more modern memeworthy pop cultural terms.
This is about catfishing and my warning others to try to avoid this surprisingly common hazard in the plural marriage search process.

I see zero connection to the topic.
You are and have been discussing a different situation.
I don't like the catfishing term but as Steve introduced it, there is no reason to continue to reject it in this thread. Catfishing...in this case explicitly for some sort of sexual thrill(definitely cluster B behavior)...and then discarding a family as if they were not real people was what I had in mind in saying beware the sex monkey. If I was in some way not clear enough in communicating that idea, then consider it restated in the more modern memeworthy pop cultural terms.
This is about catfishing and my warning others to try to avoid this surprisingly common hazard in the plural marriage search process.

Meeting in person (preferably in a public place like a coffee shop) is very important here.

A friend of mine here once was catfished by someone and they sent him a picture that was supposedly in Seattle. Out of sheer coincidence I knew the exact candy shop in Sacramento where the picture had actually been taken and that undid the scheme.

Meeting in person (preferably in a public place like a coffee shop) is very important here.

A friend of mine here once was catfished by someone and they sent him a picture that was supposedly in Seattle. Out of sheer coincidence I knew the exact candy shop in Sacramento where the picture had actually been taken and that undid the scheme.

Agree broadly speaking.
The good and the bad of the online search obviously is that you meet people from all over.

I believe that being of good faith and demonstrating good faith in someone who you are...let's say precourting if you will...that while you certainly don't need to hand out personal details, it is not unreasonable to jump on to video for conversations. Even if you are fighting the looks like magilla gorilla uphill battle with respect to meeting women. Tough it out...male or female. You are trying to meet someone to spend your life with, this is no time to be shy.

As you say with respect to location...perhaps having the video chat in a public and identifiable location or a current selfy in the moment with an identifiable backdrop.
I have thrown a monkey wrench in some silly catfish shenanigans by asking them to write something on their hand for a selfy. Did that with a woman here at the beginning of early conversations and she was in fact who she claimed she was 100% and showed good faith by proving it with no griping. Unfortunately there were compatibility issues but I respect the fact that she was in ernest and was operating in good faith. Generally when you ask for some sort of proof particular to you personally, most will evaporate. Proving my initial point.

Personally I am just waiting for the day that Megan admits to a sister who likes her lifestyle and who has an urge to move to Texas. Till then we continue to search and body swerve that sex monkey.

Last edited:
Personally I am just waiting for the day that Megan admits to a sister who likes her lifestyle and who has an urge to move to Texas. Till then we continue to search and body swerve that sex monkey.

I never had a sister growing up and it has been nothing but wonderful having sisters now that I'm married!

I never had a sister growing up and it has been nothing but wonderful having sisters now that I'm married!
I did have sisters....and think one commited to life with us is wonderful!
And gosh isn't she cute in maternity clothes too! 🙃

Back