• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Families Winter retreats! Time to plan your trip, and discuss here.

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Many have asked about us doing a regional retreat nearer to them, and thanks to the success of the summer retreat, we are ready to have our biggest schedule of retreats in-between-summers so far. Here's a preview of what we should be announcing in the newsletter in the next few days.

Note that while we call these 'regional' to make it easier for everyone to have an opportunity for fellowship and support, everyone is welcome at any retreat. (Somebody help me design a "BF world tour" patch for anyone who make it to all events! Sigh, I just suddenly choked up thinking of Tim Atwell - who was at nearly all BF retreats between 2007 and 2020.)

St Louis area, Nov 10th-12th. Likely a hotel retreat, depending on how many mid-westerners signup. 2 months away! Let us know if you are interested soon.

Las Vegas, January 19th-21st, 2024. Definitely hotel, off-strip. Our first actual West retreat since Oregon in 2019. We do this because Vegas airfare and hotels are cheaper then anywhere on the west coast. We are looking forward to meeting a bunch of west-coast people who are new, or we haven't seen in a while.

Central Florida, February 23rd-25th, 2024. For many southerners, an easy drive. But it is middle of the winter for a reason: northerners are welcome to come warm up, and Orlando airfare can be cheap too. There will definitely be an outdoor element to this weekend. We have a couple ideas for location, will depend on how many signup.

Women's retreat, March 22nd-24th, 2024, in Charlotte, NC. (OK, not everybody is welcome here.)

Drop an email to retreats@biblicalfamilies.org anytime, to let us know which event(s) you are interested in. For Midwest, next 2 weeks would be good.

Last edited:
Vegas baby!
I have a cousin in Vegas that is a well known, contest winning, baloon artist.
Atomic balloon Co.
Nevada was stupid about masks though the last time we were through.

Ladies and Gentle Men!!!! well except for @The Revolting Man he is not so gentle :) except for when he is. I love you man!!
We are looking at, obviously St. Louis and Florida!!! But we have a big concern on the Florida one... it says central, so does that mean there is no beach involved in this retreat? :eek:o_O😭, I already live central with no beach. But no worries my faithful forum dwellers, YaHWeH willing we will still be there.

Ladies and Gentle Men!!!! well except for @The Revolting Man he is not so gentle :) except for when he is. I love you man!!
We are looking at, obviously St. Louis and Florida!!! But we have a big concern on the Florida one... it says central, so does that mean there is no beach involved in this retreat? :eek:o_O😭, I already live central with no beach. But no worries my faithful forum dwellers, YaHWeH willing we will still be there.
In mid-winter even Florida is no place to be going to the beach.

Many have asked about us doing a regional retreat nearer to them, and thanks to the success of the summer retreat, we are ready to have our biggest schedule of retreats in-between-summers so far. Here's a preview of what we should be announcing in the newsletter in the next few days.

Note that while we call these 'regional' to make it easier for everyone to have an opportunity for fellowship and support, everyone is welcome at any retreat. (Somebody help me design a "BF world tour" patch for anyone who make it to all events! Sigh, I just suddenly choked up thinking of Tim Atwell - who was at nearly all BF retreats between 2007 and 2020.)

St Louis area, Nov 10th-12th. Likely a hotel retreat, depending on how many mid-westerners signup. 2 months away! Let us know if you are interested soon.

Las Vegas, January 19th-21st, 2024. Definitely hotel, off-strip. Our first actual West retreat since Oregon in 2019. We do this because Vegas airfare and hotels are cheaper then anywhere on the west coast. We are looking forward to meeting a bunch of west-coast people who are new, or we haven't seen in a while.

Central Florida, February 23rd-25th, 2024. For many southerners, an easy drive. But it is middle of the winter for a reason: northerners are welcome to come warm up, and Orlando airfare can be cheap too. There will definitely be an outdoor element to this weekend. We have a couple ideas for location, will depend on how many signup.

Women's retreat, March 22nd-24th, 2024, in Charlotte, NC. (OK, not everybody is welcome here.)

Drop an email to retreats@biblicalfamilies.org anytime, to let us know which event(s) you are interested in. For Midwest, next 2 weeks would be good.
I can not make saint Louis trip to short of a notice. Might be able to make January and February retreat maybe

Would a beach on a lake suffice?

In mid-winter even Florida is no place to be going to the beach.
We are from the PNW and are used to cold 🥶 beaches 🏖️ 🌊 and 🏔️ so it might not be that bad LOL.

However, the Florida retreat will probably be a no for us since I got to thinking about the stuff I NEED to do like, I need to build a sheep shelter and other stuff before winter.

Besides gambling and garish stuff...not one for all the shows personally...what else is there to do in Vegas? I know there is a good car museum and some close up magic to be seen nut beyond that I don't have a clue

Besides gambling and garish stuff...not one for all the shows personally...what else is there to do in Vegas? I know there is a good car museum and some close up magic to be seen nut beyond that I don't have a clue
Hoover Dam is spectacular, Fremont Street is a blast, the shows, the lights, the girls, the lights, the girls, Fremont Street, the girls…..

The thing that we do, is have a retreat/fellowship.
The venue is peripheral. As Nathan said, cheap flights and rooms are the attractions.

If we were going there for a week, then entertainment outside of each other’s company would be a consideration.
Not once have I attended a retreat and regretted the amount of time spent away from whatever attractions the locality had to offer.

The venue is peripheral. As Nathan said, cheap flights and rooms are the attractions.

If we were going there for a week, then entertainment outside of each other’s company would be a consideration.
Not once have I attended a retreat and regretted the amount of time spent away from whatever attractions the locality had to offer.
If I am able to go then I suspect it would just be there, hang with everyone and then back home.
Ironically, as the non Christian in the group, I am if not the most stiff necked morally in the group, at minimum a serious contender when it comes to the theoretical charms of Vegas.

I have never been and have not understood the attraction. I can get that the flights and hotels are often inexpensive in hopes of bleeding you via gambling however, so I can see that advantage.

I’ve never even had time or desire to check out the area. The retreat is so much more desirable than the touristy stuff.

That being said, I do think we need to organize a men’s session at a local Hooters one day.

OK.... Just to be clear, we are going OFF-STRIP in Vegas to avoid "the girls" and other distractions. Maybe @The Revolting Man is not invited to this retreat, unless he has a full-time sponsor. And we'll add a disclaimer: anything you do outside of retreat hours and location is in no way condoned by Biblical Families...

Back