• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Families Winter retreats! Time to plan your trip, and discuss here.

Maybe @The Revolting Man is not invited to this retreat, unless he has a full-time sponsor.
I can’t imagine any three guys that could adequately handle the job.
Best leave him at @windblown ’s mercy.

OK.... Just to be clear, we are going OFF-STRIP in Vegas to avoid "the girls" and other distractions. Maybe @The Revolting Man is not invited to this retreat, unless he has a full-time sponsor. And we'll add a disclaimer: anything you do outside of retreat hours and location is in no way condoned by Biblical Families...
Will you be my sponsor @nathan ? Or I can be your sponsor. I’d be a fun sponsor.

I can’t imagine any three guys that could adequately handle the job.
Best leave him at @windblown ’s mercy.
I’ll take that compliment! It’s the best I’ve had all month. Although @windblown makes it a point of pride to ride on whatever currents are blowing me in which ever direction at the moment. It’s right there in her screen name.

I’ll take that compliment! It’s the best I’ve had all month. Although @windblown makes it a point of pride to ride on whatever currents are blowing me in which ever direction at the moment. It’s right there in her screen name.
It was totally a compliment, my ungovernable friend. 😊

What are the typical "events" at these retreats?
It’s pretty standard stuff; we had to cut back on the virgin sacrifices because of scarcity driven price increases. It’s mostly just goats and hoboes now. It lacks the spiritual high of the old ways but at least we’re honoring tradition.

Other than that we spend a lot of time trying to contact the aliens and debating the exact dimensions of the spaceport we want to build to facilitate their return. Lately we’ve had some of the Haille-Bot weirdos showing up which is hysterical because their comet isn’t due back for decades.

I’m personally hoping that the focus this year will really shift much more into pre-Big Bang civilizations and reclaiming their lost knowledge in an attempt to save humanity from climate change but that’s a little far out for most of our people.

It’s pretty standard stuff; we had to cut back on the virgin sacrifices because of scarcity driven price increases. It’s mostly just goats and hoboes now. It lacks the spiritual high of the old ways but at least we’re honoring tradition.

Other than that we spend a lot of time trying to contact the aliens and debating the exact dimensions of the spaceport we want to build to facilitate their return. Lately we’ve had some of the Haille-Bot weirdos showing up which is hysterical because their comet isn’t due back for decades.

I’m personally hoping that the focus this year will really shift much more into pre-Big Bang civilizations and reclaiming their lost knowledge in an attempt to save humanity from climate change but that’s a little far out for most of our people.
I think that’s one of your other groups, unless I’ve just been going to bed too early? 🤷

Oh dear... Go away for the weekend for daughter's wedding, and The Revolting Man spills all our secrets!

In case there's still hope you are interested @Michael Moon , the rest of the time is everyone sharing, lots of discussion, some worship, plenty of laughter and prayer. Saturday afternoons are separate men and womens sessions. We try to do (at least) Saturday dinners together at hotel retreats, and the whole thing is pretty informal. Would love to meet you (and everybody past the Mississippi!) in Vegas.

Oh dear... Go away for the weekend for daughter's wedding, and The Revolting Man spills all our secrets!

In case there's still hope you are interested @Michael Moon , the rest of the time is everyone sharing, lots of discussion, some worship, plenty of laughter and prayer. Saturday afternoons are separate men and womens sessions. We try to do (at least) Saturday dinners together at hotel retreats, and the whole thing is pretty informal. Would love to meet you (and everybody past the Mississippi!) in Vegas.
Congratulations on the wedding!

In previous communication, there was talk of a local Texas retreat. Is this still a possibility.
Yes, it is still a possibility. I was thinking Jan or Feb, but it will be a few weeks before I can really get a clear sight picture of what that first quarter looks like for me. Stay tuned!

Back