• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical money

The great thing about silver is what @Bartato mentioned, every week I can put as little as $2 into buying a silver dime. I save up the scrap metal I find during the week and turn it in and then go straight to the coin shop.

In less than a year I’ve amassed over a 100 ounces (I know real stackers would scoff at me describing 100 ounces as a mass) without touching the family budget.

The next great thing about silver is that while it has definite value that is easily accessed if needed, it can’t just be spent on a whim. It makes it easy to accrue and keep.

I sense here desire for homesteading and withdrawal from cities.

Not a wise move by us when done by most. Cities are and will always be center of civilization. Secondly, the more current system is being broken, more localism will matter. And this means seizing control of cities, at least smaller ones.

Also importanly, in existential struggle withdrawal is suicide. You can't retreat forever. And homesteading ensures you are alone when trouble arrives, instead of being surronded with friends and supporters.

Only one things works. Geographical concentration to build mass, strength and local economy.

'Cause you can't "come out of her," and stay in the Belly of the Beast.

Not a wise move by us when done by most. Cities are and will always be center of civilization.
If feces and needles in the streets, mutilated kids, rampant crime in Gun-Free Killing Zones, and Sociopathy Run Amok is "civilization," then gimme whatever the opposite of that Hell is.

Secondly, the more current system is being broken, more localism will matter. And this means seizing control of cities, at least smaller ones.
Easy. Cut off the power, the water will fail, and they'll literally eat themselves alive in 72 hours.

The smart play is to NOT even be even close when the Cannibal Rape Gangs swarm OUT of those dead Cesspool Cities after they collapse. Hint: Stay clear of major arterials and roadways.

Also importanly, in existential struggle withdrawal is suicide. You can't retreat forever. And homesteading ensures you are alone when trouble arrives, instead of being surronded with friends and supporters.
"Come out of her," and "be separate," and "don't partake of" their evil is not, repeat NOT, 'retreat'. It's Proverbs 22:3 (and, it must've been important, because it's repeated in 27:12.)

How many wives and adult sons does it take to carry out a 24 hour watch on four sides of a home in Surburbia surrounded by Starved Woke Maniacs jonesin' for blood? Much less defend it.

I choose to NOT be surrounded by insanity.

Or, for that matter, bathed in 5G 'pain ray' radiation, and vaxxed walking spike protein factories.

Only one things works. Geographical concentration to build mass, strength and local economy.
How 'bout what Scripture says, instead?

being surrounded with friends and supporters.

Sincere question: how many friends and supporters are surrounding you in your city in Croatia?
I'd say your hunch is correct among a large contingent of Biblical Families members. Personally, I'm not in the camp of total withdrawal (or retreat, as you put it). I get politically involved at the ground level wherever I go, and that has mostly been in cities or small towns. I personally know Tarrant County's District Attorney and was the one who brought his attention to the legitimacy of the allegations of the 2020 election being stolen, specifically in Tarrant County (he was running in 2021 when someone put me together with him); that was one piece of ultimately getting rid of our Election Administrator, who had formerly run corrupt elections for Smartmatic/Dominion Systems in Philippines and Venezuela.

I live just west of Fort Worth, but I'm also looking for bug-out land 4-5 hours away in Edwards County (more than twice the size of Tarrant County; with only 1422 residents, Edwards County has 2/3 of a person per square mile; Tarrant County has 2340 psm). After acquiring land, I will undoubtedly become politically involved, probably in the county government but perhaps in the town of Rocksprings, which has 878 of the county's residents -- and I'll do this to some extent even though we'll only be occasional visitors.

What I'm driving at is that I probably share your distrust of the efficacy of isolated homesteading. I make an effort to grow food; I prepare for the worst; Zec finally taught me how to use my firearms; and I always have plans for what to do depending on what kind of societal disaster may come our way. But our ultimate survival as a culture or a nation or a world will never be significantly impacted by homesteading. On the other hand, neither will it be sustained by people piling up like rats in cities.
homesteading ensures you are alone when trouble arrives
Yes, you're correct, @MemeFan, but a homesteader significantly diminishes the likelihood that he and whoever is hiding out with him will ever be reached by trouble.

So, this is one of those selfishness vs selflessness dichotomies -- one of many. Homesteading is ultimately selfish on the main, because it only protects one's immediate loved ones, while providing nothing of import to the solutions that will ultimately be required for society if trouble comes.

On the other hand, while being a man of integrity and morals with motivation to contribute to his environment accelerates the opportunity to be part of the solution -- an at least relatively selfless choice -- it also comes with near certainty of being swallowed up by trouble if the SHTF event does occur, because homesteaders aren't the only selfish ones; their number is dwarfed by the hordes of lazy, unmotivated takers just looking out for number one in big cities, maybe 1% of whom will act from moral compass if society collapses, even if only temporarily. I learned that in Atlanta during the 1979 trucker's strike.

As disciples of Yeshua and Paul, we are called to come out of the cultures we're surrounded by, but that's predominantly an admonition to refrain from living life focused on achieving their approval; it's not an admonition to pretend that we don't actually live in this world or that we aren't also commanded to treat everyone with whom we associate the way we would want to be treated.
The smart play is to NOT even be even close when the Cannibal Rape Gangs swarm OUT of those dead Cesspool Cities after they collapse. Hint: Stay clear of major arterials and roadways.
Point well taken, @Mark C. It's certainly wise to steer clear of major arteries until the marauding hordes dissipate sufficiently, but that doesn't even mean that a strategy of continually avoiding the cities is the only option -- or even the best, for that matter.

What I surmise through decades of observation is that those who are unafraid tot be known for who they are and prepared to continue to contribute in their surrounding communities but also prepared to hunker down or go on the lam are the ones who fare best and make the most contributions.

If feces and needles in the streets, mutilated kids, rampant crime in Gun-Free Killing Zones, and Sociopathy Run Amok is "civilization," then gimme whatever the opposite of that Hell is.
That's no civilization. Writing and cities are primary mark of civilizatio, something which won't fly in above situation.
Easy. Cut off the power, the water will fail, and they'll literally eat themselves alive in 72 hours.

New York City isn't example I had in mind. I was thinking more like Orania. Build city with like minded people. Run your own electricity.

Boers are building parallel society in collapsing South Africa. We can do same.
"Come out of her," and "be separate," and "don't partake of" their evil is not, repeat NOT, 'retreat'. It's Proverbs 22:3 (and, it must've been important, because it's repeated in 27:12.)

How many wives and adult sons does it take to carry out a 24 hour watch on four sides of a home in Surburbia surrounded by Starved Woke Maniacs jonesin' for blood? Much less defend it.
Account of survivor of war in Bosnia says: more people, better. It makes sense. More people = greater division of labor = more productivity.

And more watchmen. Don't defend your home. Together defend place.

How 'bout what Scripture says, instead?
I says stay out of Babylon. It doesn't say go to wildreness, leave all civilization and live as hermit.

You can live in Christian city without Babylon customs.

Sincere question: how many friends and supporters are surrounding you in your city in Croatia?
In process of building. I will almost certainly move somewhere else.

I'd say your hunch is correct among a large contingent of Biblical Families members. Personally, I'm not in the camp of total withdrawal (or retreat, as you put it). I get politically involved at the ground level wherever I go, and that has mostly been in cities or small towns. I personally know Tarrant County's District Attorney and was the one who brought his attention to the legitimacy of the allegations of the 2020 election being stolen, specifically in Tarrant County (he was running in 2021 when someone put me together with him); that was one piece of ultimately getting rid of our Election Administrator, who had formerly run corrupt elections for Smartmatic/Dominion Systems in Philippines and Venezuela.
Wonderful.

I live just west of Fort Worth, but I'm also looking for bug-out land 4-5 hours away in Edwards County (more than twice the size of Tarrant County; with only 1422 residents, Edwards County has 2/3 of a person per square mile; Tarrant County has 2340 psm). After acquiring land, I will undoubtedly become politically involved, probably in the county government but perhaps in the town of Rocksprings, which has 878 of the county's residents -- and I'll do this to some extent even though we'll only be occasional visitors.

My current preference is New Hampshire or Argentina. I would think bigger.

Yes, you're correct, @MemeFan, but a homesteader significantly diminishes the likelihood that he and whoever is hiding out with him will ever be reached by trouble.
City-fortress does it even better. Homestead isn't even safe against marauding band. It's only protection is stealth.

City can always be made more expensive to conquer.

Together defend place.
👊
I would think bigger.
I already live in bigger, a community of eight dwellings surrounded by a tall wall, in a town of 2000 that adjoins Fort Worth, Texas. However, I can't count on any of the other residents to do the right thing. One household is retired couple with significantly-disabled husband. The other six are populated by adults who have never had children and never will. Consumerist priorities.

I want options -- thus, the land (most with cabins) 5 hours away. The people there will defend their town if it comes down to it. Crime rate is next to nil.
City can always be made more expensive to conquer.
Excellent point.
My current preference is New Hampshire or Argentina.
I don't know about Argentina, and most Americans don't even know this, but New Hampshire should be one of the last places you consider:
  • May be the most corrupt state in the country; both political parties are entirely on the take, have had involvement with Epstein, organ harvesting, direct ties to the Mexican Sinaloa drug/human trafficking cartel (check into the Pandora Papers).
  • Situated in one of the larger full-danger zones in the event of nuclear fallout.
  • While it's ostensibly conservative and rural, it's predominantly a bedroom community for Boston -- and that's exactly where most people from metropolitan Boston will flee if the shit hits the fan.
Had the Deep State not taken over New Hampshire, it formerly held promise as the best place to establish a freedom-loving state within the United States. No more.

@Mark C, why in historical lawless societies did people live in walled villages and go out every day to visit their individual farms, rather than living in individual homesteads on the farms?

Towns / cities are not evil. Evil is evil.

👊

I already live in bigger, a community of eight dwellings surrounded by a tall wall, in a town of 2000 that adjoins Fort Worth, Texas. However, I can't count on any of the other residents to do the right thing. One household is retired couple with significantly-disabled husband. The other six are populated by adults who have never had children and never will. Consumerist priorities.
I was thinking more like 15000.

In USA 100 000 city is still more medium.

know about Argentina, and most Americans don't even know this, but New Hampshire should be one of the last places you consider:
  • May be the most corrupt state in the country; both political parties are entirely on the take, have had involvement with Epstein, organ harvesting, direct ties to the Mexican Sinaloa drug/human trafficking cartel (check into the Pandora Papers).
  • Situated in one of the larger full-danger zones in the event of nuclear fallout.
  • While it's ostensibly conservative and rural, it's predominantly a bedroom community for Boston -- and that's exactly where most people from metropolitan Boston will flee if the shit hits the fan.
Had the Deep State not taken over New Hampshire, it formerly held promise as the best place to establish a freedom-loving state within the United States. No more.
New Hampshire is place selected for geographical concentration of libertarians. It's called free state project. And since they are my political tribe, better to be with them if political tribalness grows in importance.

Most importanly they are winning. They are largest voting block in state legislature (as liberty Republicans), so they have significant impact on laws and budget. Possibly only state limiting guverners emergency powers after COVID show.

Movement itself is under heavy influence of Rothbard and Hoppe, so max private property, no taxes, live in peace, woke is BS. Culture is right-wing. By nature, movement is heavily decentralized, so inflitration is brutally hard. And even if some nodes get taken over, movement will isolate them.

It's state closest to seccession. Law which mandated seccession referendum, sadly, didn't pass.

I doubt Deep State can put it's roots where tax collectors are shamed.

NH Democrats are crying about influx of libertarians. They allready warn others NH is becoming horror land. Perfect, existing wokers will get out and new ones won't arrive. ❤ No way, woke Bostonians will visit horror land of freedom when Maine is better.

And regarding nuclear fallout, wind favours Maine and protects NH.

@Mark C, why in historical lawless societies did people live in walled villages and go out every day to visit their individual farms, rather than living in individual homesteads on the farms?

Towns / cities are not evil. Evil is evil.
I never said 'cities' were necessarily evil, per se. I said that in a land where "lawlessness abounds," and is multiplying by force, those Cesspool Cities are NOW a place to 'come out of.' For reasons that I suggest are irrefutable.

Sodom and Gomorrah were evil. And perhaps pikers by NYC, SF, Chicago, and Swamp Central standards today.

13Was it not told my lord what I did when Jezebel slew the prophets of the LORD, how I hid an hundred men of the LORD'S prophets by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water?

Some relevant news regarding crypto, from Aljazeera.

Hamas’s cryptocurrency accounts frozen: Israel Police​

The Israeli police has said its cyber unit has frozen cryptocurrency accounts used by Hamas for fundraising the group’s activities.
The police worked with the Defence Ministry and other national intelligence agencies, it added.
So that's always possible even with cryptocurrency.

Some relevant news regarding crypto, from Aljazeera.

So that's always possible even with cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is pseudoanymous.

You can't know who is using account, but you can trace what account is doing. Then question is how to connect what account is doing with outside world.

Bitcoin is pseudoanymous.

You can't know who is using account, but you can trace what account is doing. Then question is how to connect what account is doing with outside world.
Only in and out of exchanges. User to user is anonymous. Authorities can know I have Bitcoin, but they can't monitor where it goes other than in and out of exchanges.

All other cryptocurrencies that will survive can be controlled by central banks and governments.

I was thinking more like 15000.
Most such places in America are called towns instead of cities.
New Hampshire is place selected for geographical concentration of libertarians. It's called free state project.
And Ron Paul will be our next president (which I would love, but I'm betting I'm more likely to be able to breed centaurs with unicorns). I know about the Free State Project. If nothing else, the weather dooms it to failure, but you really should look into the Pandora Project and see how it connects to Konnech, Epstein, the Deep State, the Bushes, the Shaheens, the Sununus, the Uniparty, globalism, human and drug trafficking, etc. 'Free State Project' will be tolerated as long as it's just a cute intellectual project, but it will never be permitted to overtake control of the state unless a violent revolution takes place.
And regarding nuclear fallout, wind favours Maine and protects NH.
Northern NH should be relatively safe, but the bulk of the population is down near the Massachusetts border and well within the high fallout danger zone. Three Russian nuclear targets are along the New Hampshire borders with Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont. Everything from Virginia Beach to Portland ME -- land and ocean -- will be contaminated for well over a year, a minimum full shelter for 3 or more weeks required. Don't forget that radiation is heavy metals so falls fast from sky and doesn't blow away.

If one doesn't mind, frigid climate, Maine north of Portland (which is the bulk of the state) is a much more safe bet, and the state politics aren't anywhere near as corrupt. Upper Peninsula of Michigan and northern Wisconsin and Minnesota are also cold-weather safe spots.

In warmer climates, after almost half the state of Texas on into northern Mexico, the next largest safe area from all SHTF including nuclear is the majority of the state of Nevada not in or around Las Vegas.

Only in and out of exchanges. User to user is anonymous. Authorities can know I have Bitcoin, but they can't monitor where it goes other than in and out of exchanges.

All other cryptocurrencies that will survive can be controlled by central banks and governments.

This is a patently false statement. I work in this industry and have personally tracked fraud and token flow. Blockchain is literally just a giant ledger and every single token can be tracked from the wallet it is in now through every wallet it has previously been in. If any of those wallets have withdrawn from an exchange it's pretty easy to tie that address to a specific person and boom you can build a complete picture of all that person's transactions.

There are even entire companies that have built businesses providing analytical tools to do this easier. Chainanalysis being one of the prime examples that works with many of the three letter agencies.

In short don't ever think you're transactions are anonymous on a blockchain they simply aren't. Tracking on a blockchain is easy as it is a public facing auditable ledger. The only bastion of anonymity it provides you only exists if you never create a paper trail in the first place. That means not buying tokens on an exchange to populate the account originally and never withdrawing to a fiat currency.

This is a patently false statement. I work in this industry and have personally tracked fraud and token flow. Blockchain is literally just a giant ledger and every single token can be tracked from the wallet it is in now through every wallet it has previously been in. If any of those wallets have withdrawn from an exchange it's pretty easy to tie that address to a specific person and boom you can build a complete picture of all that person's transactions.

There are even entire companies that have built businesses providing analytical tools to do this easier. Chainanalysis being one of the prime examples that works with many of the three letter agencies.

In short don't ever think you're transactions are anonymous on a blockchain they simply aren't. Tracking on a blockchain is easy as it is a public facing auditable ledger. The only bastion of anonymity it provides you only exists if you never create a paper trail in the first place. That means not buying tokens on an exchange to populate the account originally and never withdrawing to a fiat currency.
On the other hand, if I hand you a silver quarter, and you later exchange it with someone else, nobody needs to know about it. 😁

On the other hand, if I hand you a silver quarter, and you later exchange it with someone else, nobody needs to know about it. 😁
Silver is the best.

But how does a P2P transaction in Bitcoin provide any information about what was exchanged other than the Bitcoin?

Correct. Transactions can be tracked. That's primary problem.

I think Moreno and Pirate ARRR fix this problem.

And Ron Paul will be our next president (which I would love, but I'm betting I'm more likely to be able to breed centaurs with unicorns). I know about the Free State Project. If nothing else, the weather dooms it to failure, but you really should look into the Pandora Project and see how it connects to Konnech, Epstein, the Deep State, the Bushes, the Shaheens, the Sununus, the Uniparty, globalism, human and drug trafficking, etc.
Weather is advantage. Uncommited are by, by. Spend winter in Florida. You Americans are too cuddlied. NH has standard European climate.
'Free State Project' will be tolerated as long as it's just a cute intellectual project, but it will never be permitted to overtake control of the state unless a violent revolution takes place.
This assumes elites are keeping control. I don't believe it. Their infighting will be epic and has already started. Fed refuses to subsidize ECB, so by by EU. Without EU no world government.

Northern NH should be relatively safe, but the bulk of the population is down near the Massachusetts border and well within the high fallout danger zone. Three Russian nuclear targets are along the New Hampshire borders with Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont. Everything from Virginia Beach to Portland ME -- land and ocean -- will be contaminated for well over a year, a minimum full shelter for 3 or more weeks required. Don't forget that radiation is heavy metals so falls fast from sky and doesn't blow away.
This problem was commented massively by Free Staters. Their experts say it won't affect them. Movement is 10 000s should have real nuclear technology experts.

If one doesn't mind, frigid climate, Maine north of Portland (which is the bulk of the state) is a much more safe bet, and the state politics aren't anywhere near as corrupt. Upper Peninsula of Michigan and northern Wisconsin and Minnesota are also cold-weather safe spots.

In warmer climates, after almost half the state of Texas on into northern Mexico, the next largest safe area from all SHTF including nuclear is the majority of the state of Nevada not in or around Las Vegas.
You need area good for life, not completely safe. If there is danger from invasion, it's because land is marginal.

But how does a P2P transaction in Bitcoin provide any information about what was exchanged other than the Bitcoin?
If the identities of both parties can be worked out by tracing back through the blockchain to a transaction they made that revealed their identity (e.g. a purchase of bitcoin using a credit card), then it provides the information that Bob Smith paid Jill White 0.56 bitcoin for something. That's a lot of information. If Jill White is in the business of selling one particular product usually with bitcoin, then that is a very strong indication that Bob Smith probably bought that specific product.

Back