• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical money

Of course we get it. That is the dad from "Family Ties". He is a former hippie and works at the local PBS station. 😉

Or perhaps that is Burt Gummer from the movie "Tremors". Sometimes it pays to be well armed, and ready for the giant worm monsters.
Never seen family ties.
Only know the guy the Hollywood chuckles+!\s thought that they were using to lampoon republican peppers. The funny thing is lots of that sort look at his rec room and think he is a poser and a casual.
Reminds me of the guy who thought he was lampooning the world of starship troopers as muh nazis by making them be unified, meritocratic and wishing to put their lives above that of murdering alien invaders.
They always tell on themselves. It is a pathological thing.

I have heard it said that it is a Satanist thing in that there is a claim that demons and or the devil etc cannot directly lie but they can misdirect and obfuscate. That there is some sort of karmic balance they have to maintain and that as a result they tell you what their plans are. It is up to you to stop them. We have seen so many examples in recent years that they are bloody legion so I won't bother.
I tend to think that is an awfully long reach given that there are so many on the same path who have zero idea why they do whst they do or have the opinions and anti morals they hold...but still they pathologically project their lunacy and evil out into the world. Pedos for example will constantly signal and them get caught. We have all seen examples of journalists, politicians and teachers...oh and corporations guilty of this. I think it is a desperate need for validation and an ersatz confession.
This is what I do and like...you like them too right? Just smile and nod bro, that's all I need bro. VALIDATE me bro! And so on and do forth

Blah.
The things you type while on a zoom meeting in a parking lot with no shade

We are saying different things. I think you are arguing the following.

The Stoner rifle in 5.56 is preferable to the Kalashnikov in 7.62 for general military use, and also for "Minuteman" purposes.

I agree.

Nonetheless, millions of soldiers and militias around the world have also used AKs for decades. In the hands of competent men, the AK will get the job done.

I'm also saying that the AK is a perfectly acceptable general purpose homestead, fun gun, and defensive carbine/rifle for Joe Blow. So is the Mini-14, the M1 Carbine, the M1 Garand, the Tavor, the Styer Aug, the SKS, the AR15/10, the lever action (30-30, .357, .44, .45 Colt, etc), the Enfield, the HK91, the FAL, and even PCC's like the Sub2K and Hi-Point carbine.

Like yourself, I prefer the Stoner rifle, but also realize the AK in 7.62*39 is a classic.

For a fighting carbine round, the 6.5 Grendel is ballistically preferable to both 5.56 and 7.62*39, but is far less common. I don't have one, and probably never will.

Ford/Chevy/Dodge, 1911/Glock, 9/.40/.45, Blonde/Brunette/Redhead, NKJV/NASB/ESV. We can argue about them, but they all generally work alright.
The AK-47 was a ground breaking, historically significant rifle that was a huge part of revolutionizing small arms. But it is a sub par rifle that is not competitive. In the hands of a standardized shooter the one armed with almost any other semi-automatic rifle will be more effective.

The AK will hinder the competent shooter. It’s for the hobbyist and collector at this point.

Disposable lighters can be bought by the hundreds pretty cheaply. Then again, fire attracts zombies doesn't it?
🤔
It can also light them up.

C'mon you Americans will have Great Zombie Shooutout, while Europe and Canada will have Zombie Apocalyse.

Disposable lighters can be bought by the hundreds pretty cheaply. Then again, fire attracts zombies doesn't it?
🤔
I think that mummies and vampires each fall into zombies for values of zombie and that they are both quite flammable

Disposable lighters can be bought by the hundreds pretty cheaply.

Lots of stuff has great value in a total collapse. Almost ANYTHING you can no longer get, but need, for example. Coffee (we have a LOT - and it probably attracts a better class of clientele than booze) sugar, salt -- all have been used for money. And they're fungible.

.22 ammo (etc) - but beware the obvious. Car parts. Parachute cord - you name it. But the one trading has to WANT it. Hence - the concept of 'money' (The Hebrew/Biblical word for which also means "silver," first, BTW.)

But silver and gold last longer, are easier (for the most part) to carry, and VERY widely accepted -- because they are the 'ideal' barter item.

The AK-47 was a ground breaking, historically significant rifle that was a huge part of revolutionizing small arms. But it is a sub par rifle that is not competitive. In the hands of a standardized shooter the one armed with almost any other semi-automatic rifle will be more effective.

The AK will hinder the competent shooter. It’s for the hobbyist and collector at this point.

dougal-priest.gif

So...

Tell me the right choice for a woman shooting through a door or light residential walls in the event of an attempted home invasion.
The presumption being that you want a large magazine capacity and the ability to reload quickly. So no shotguns.
A max of about 77gr just doesn't sound like the solution. A 7.62x51 is fine for me to shred through magazines quickly, I am dubious about the ladies without a few grand in training and many many hours at the range.

View attachment 7921

So...

Tell me the right choice for a woman shooting through a door or light residential walls in the event of an attempted home invasion.
The presumption being that you want a large magazine capacity and the ability to reload quickly. So no shotguns.
A max of about 77gr just doesn't sound like the solution. A 7.62x51 is fine for me to shred through magazines quickly, I am dubious about the ladies without a few grand in training and many many hours at the range.
You should never , under any circumstances shoot through a door. You should always know exactly what you’re shooting.

That being said…

Even 9mm out of a pistol will penetrate 6 inches of pine from 7 yards. It’s something you would never do but any round can do it.

You should never , under any circumstances shoot through a door. You should always know exactly what you’re shooting.

That being said…

Even 9mm out of a pistol will penetrate 6 inches of pine from 7 yards. It’s something you would never do but any round can do it.
giphy (11).gif

Could not find the one I had saved previously of 5 thugs holding AR and AK visible on the camera waiting.

Through the door is not the best but I have done a lot of shooting and much of it with 9mm, I figure that if through a door or through any other barrier near the doors, I want not just velocity but also weight.
9mm is not remotely 7.62x39 and doest have a 30 round magazine. It also does not make the sort of sound signature as a shorty AK.
Nobody sane is hanging around when that sort of storm hits and there is a bottleneck to traverse

For anti home invasion, I will go with what is as close to over kill as possible but can still be handled by a woman on her own defending a child.

View attachment 7931

Could not find the one I had saved previously of 5 thugs holding AR and AK visible on the camera waiting.

Through the door is not the best but I have done a lot of shooting and much of it with 9mm, I figure that if through a door or through any other barrier near the doors, I want not just velocity but also weight.
9mm is not remotely 7.62x39 and doest have a 30 round magazine. It also does not make the sort of sound signature as a shorty AK.
Nobody sane is hanging around when that sort of storm hits and there is a bottleneck to traverse

For anti home invasion, I will go with what is as close to over kill as possible but can still be handled by a woman on her own defending a child.
Yes, but what if they are behind a door and wearing body armor? What if they have a tank? What if they’re nuclear armed cyborgs with nuclear powered Jewish space lasers and a high power rating in age of Empires? At some point you have to accept that you are preparing for likely threats and accepting a certain amount of unavoidable risk. After all, what if the cyborgs are riding asteroids?

Shooting at things you can’t see is never a good idea. Obviously the door bell camera raises an interesting question but the fundamental principle remains, if you can’t see it then you don’t shoot at it.

Shooting at things you can’t see is never a good idea. Obviously the door bell camera raises an interesting question but the fundamental principle remains, if you can’t see it then you don’t shoot at it.
Don't give away your position.

By the way, how did thread about Biblical money started going into what is best gun caliber?

By the way, how did thread about Biblical money started going into what is best gun caliber?
It wasn’t easy, but we have skilz.

Yes, but what if they are behind a door and wearing body armor? What if they have a tank? What if they’re nuclear armed cyborgs with nuclear powered Jewish space lasers and a high power rating in age of Empires? At some point you have to accept that you are preparing for likely threats and accepting a certain amount of unavoidable risk. After all, what if the cyborgs are riding asteroids?
Why do you think I am that one weirdo Texan in the neighborhood that frightens all the carpet carpetbagging yankees by riding my mower open carry? Like a militant hank hill?
You do everything you can and if you already happen to have a few 7.62x39 kicking about the joint, no reason not to mount them strategically in the event of need.

It is so much more complex than that. I understand the point in broad strokes and agree. Every circumstance is different however. There are different layouts to homes, different potential elevations and bottlenecks.

Plus some of us are rolling with thermal

the-grinch-smile.gif

Don't give away your position.

Megan mentioned brass and lead as useful metals to stack. I mentioned steel cased Russian ammo. Revoltingman went off on a tangent because he prefers weapons that the US Marines use. Then we all had to argue about guns and caliber. 😉

Megan mentioned brass and lead as useful metals to stack. I mentioned steel cased Russian ammo. Revoltingman went off on a tangent because he prefers weapons that the US Marines use. Then we all had to argue about guns and caliber. 😉
Winner by both metal content and caliber size:

b5391edc024938bc6fc2b76bea71a5b5.jpg

I heard USN has several in reserve. We should "free them" and claim 2nd amendment.

Back